Wagon (stg2) vs. R32
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wagon (stg2) vs. R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had to stay late at work today to fix some issues and comming back home on my favorite strech ...

Wagon (stg2) vs. R32

I had to stay late at work today to fix some issues and comming back home on my favorite strech of lights I heard a loud exhaust, so I went around some people and found what looked like a red VW gti. It was debadged so I had to get closer to confirm, when I got close enough I noticed it was a debaged r32. So I went faster around some people and he cought the bait, comming beside me on the next red light. I though it was on but wasn't sure, but as the light turned green he did a mild launch, it was basically a rolling start and I pulled about a half car through 1st and just staying there untill we hit 80, so I won.. Then we had to stop on the next red lights. On the next light he went all out got a jump on me about car and a half through 1st and stayed there till about 70, so I lost. The reason why I posted becasue I remember a thread a way back and it was a big discussion about the r32 and the wrx. Well I can safely say that a stg2 is about the same as r32. It might be a little more if it wasn't so dam humid here in NYC, its 100% humidity right now and about 80 degrees feels like a sauna, oh and my car is heavier then the sedan plus I have about 80 pund server from work in my tunk as well, which didn't help my matter either. LOL.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow the R32 is surely impressive.

Stage 2 is = to an R32??? All the threads I have read say those things are slow and can be walked on by even a stock WRX. He must have been heavily modded. The R32 is something like 3500lbs and 240hp crank hp..you are lighter, and with a Stage 2 (Cobb i am assuming) is like 220-230 whp. If he was stock you would have trounced him. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by ElBartoRex; 07-18-2005 at 11:00 PM.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Yeah I started thinking about this and yeah he was propably modded, I mean one mod was his debadging and you know that saves a couple of........hundred pounds and adds about 10 hp LOL seriously though I bet he was moded but the hot weather and my full trunk didn't work in my favor.

Kartboy short shifter

That sounds about right. A stock r32 will trap at about 97-99mph. There have been stock r32's hitting 13.90's. I consider my car as fast as a stage 2 wrx, with me starting to pull after 100 or so mph's. I do have a chip and intake, which a lot of other r32's have now a days.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    That sounds about right. A stock r32 will trap at about 97-99mph. There have been stock r32's hitting 13.90's. I consider my car as fast as a stage 2 wrx, with me starting to pull after 100 or so mph's. I do have a chip and intake, which a lot of other r32's have now a days.
    i have seen with chip, intake, free exhaust mod, and back seats taken out... run a 13.2 @ 103mph. But usually without the back seats taken out, there have been a good number of drivers hitting 13.4-13.6.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i have seen with chip, intake, free exhaust mod, and back seats taken out... run a 13.2 @ 103mph. But usually without the back seats taken out, there have been a good number of drivers hitting 13.4-13.6.

On the second run he launched better then me becasue some stupid guy in the 3rd lane in a minivan thinking he was fast distracted me after he came up flying to the right of me. The idiot had the radio blasting and I couldn't hear my engine so I launched like crap while the VW driver launched so hard the whole car appeared to jump, after he shifted to second he was not pulling at all and me either so we were basically even and who ever got the jump won. After I slowed down the idiot in the minivan comes up flying past me like 10 seconds later

Kartboy short shifter

I guess I am underestimating what my cobb stage 2 can do. This topic seems like a very large topic of debate, last night on the WRXvsWorld section there was another thread called 'WRX vs r32" and in that thread there were like 10 people talking about how slow and heavy the r32 is...other people are witnessing these amazing r32 track times
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

and you have no idea what mods were on the r32?

i'm thinkin stock vs stock from a launch an r32 and a wrx would be relatively close with the r32 taking it at higher speeds. so then i would imagine cobb stg 2 should be able to pull on a stock r32. who knows.
    <= i plan on abducting her in the wag

stock r32 vs. stage 2 wrx, i think the wrx will take it. On the other hand, if they are running from a roll, i think the wrx will initially pull and then tapper off while the r32 will shine at higher mph just because of its better top end.

Stock for stock, the r32 with equal drivers should pull on a wrx to the quarter. The wrx will probably launch a bit better than an r32 just because of the wrx awd system is all time compared to the r32's awd system which allows for slippage before engaging on a launch.

chip intake r32 vs. stage 2 wrx will be equal off the line imo but after 70-80mph, the r32 should start slightly pulling.

then again, there are many variables that play a role, so anything is possible.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500

well i did a search for r32 and came back with about 5 pages of results so yeah this has been a hot topic I didn't realize it untill now.... the wrx might take it but the heatsoak is what kills my power when I cam home and opened my hood to see how hot my tmic was I could barely keep my hand on it for a couple of seconds given some cold weather i would have done better and a better launch ofcourse oh well

I didn't get a chance to ask him, after the second run I was going to but there was no more red lights and I had to turn off on my street, I was thinking of following him past my house but it was already past 10 and I wanted to just go home and rest.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 07-20-2005 at 09:54 AM.

Kartboy short shifter

luckly im in canada so the R32 doesnt exist here.... is that similar to the GTI VR6 ?

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/03gtivr6.htm
    2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
    ------------------------
    Stage 2 !!!!

yeah the NY weather has something to do w/ it. It has been humid for the last 2 weeks, and we are kind of getting a break. Humidity makes my car run like pooooooooooo. I raced an R32 w/ my STi(stage2) and i pull a few buses............but this sounds about right
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by wrxhunter
    luckly im in canada so the R32 doesnt exist here.... is that similar to the GTI VR6 ?

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/rp/03gtivr6.htm

Well it is and isn't, it practically looks the same but its got different bumpers and twin tip exhaust (which everyone agrees, sounds awesome right form the factory) its got the audi TT engine 3.2 liter not the turbo one producing 240bhp, but theVR6 has the audi A4 2.8 liter producing 200bhp. It also has AWD and larger brakes and wheels, other then that it loos like a regular GTI would.

I just went to the VW website to see if they have it so I could suggest you goin there,but it looks like it was just a last year's production, becasue they don't have it on their website any more.
    Last edited by subaru_crazy; 07-22-2005 at 09:21 AM.

Kartboy short shifter

a good friend of mine got a R32 last year. this is what happens:

Stock R32 vs Stg2 WRX - Wrx will win every time. No matter the speed. Stop or roll. We went from a launch, i missed second giving him a substancial lead, and i passed him (with authority) as i shifted into 4th and would have kept pulling away. From a roll i instantly put about 2 1/2 cars on him, and would inch away at higher speeds(90+).

Intake R32 vs Stg2 WRX - My lead is cut down by a car. I walk away slower than previously.

Intake Chip R32 vs Stg2 WRX - dead even through all of 2nd and 3rd. i had a 150lbs passenger. dont think that would have made much of a difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.