Wagon (stg2) vs. R32 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wagon (stg2) vs. R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by JDM 3SGTE a good friend of mine got a R32 last year. this is what happens: Stock ...

Quote Originally Posted by JDM 3SGTE
    a good friend of mine got a R32 last year. this is what happens:

Stock R32 vs Stg2 WRX - Wrx will win every time. No matter the speed. Stop or roll. We went from a launch, i missed second giving him a substancial lead, and i passed him (with authority) as i shifted into 4th and would have kept pulling away. From a roll i instantly put about 2 1/2 cars on him, and would inch away at higher speeds(90+).

Intake R32 vs Stg2 WRX - My lead is cut down by a car. I walk away slower than previously.

Intake Chip R32 vs Stg2 WRX - dead even through all of 2nd and 3rd. i had a 150lbs passenger. dont think that would have made much of a difference.
    sounds about right. intake chip R32 = Stg2 WRX... exactly what i expected.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WrxRick
    Wow the R32 is surely impressive.

um please i hope your kidding

i sweat those cars.....they are sexy as hell but by no means impressive.....they are heavy pigs with 14. sec 1/4s for over 30gs thats terrible

not to mention my stock forester xt slowly but surley walked them

Quote Originally Posted by FastXT

i sweat those cars.....they are sexy as hell but by no means impressive.....they are heavy pigs with 14. sec 1/4s for over 30gs thats terrible

chill on the haterade dude...you can appreciate the car for what it is
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by FastXT

i dont understand why everyone is so hyped about the price? I mean, i can get a used trans am for under 20k or a used cobra(sc~30K) and make an sti look like a econobox in front of them. 30gs for what u get its a pretty good deal. You get everything in the R32 that u get in the sti and A LOT MORE, except a turbo and a smaller engine... and the sti is more expensive. Oh, and the price wont depreciate. I am finding R32's a year old selling from 28-34,000 and seeing STI's a year old selling for 25k. I think if you cant afford spending 30g's on something that is meant to be driven by enthusiasts, then dont complain. No offense to subarus, love them to death, but i can't see myself going back to them, thats why im still in search of an M3 or M5.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    i dont understand why everyone is so hyped about the price? I mean, i can get a used trans am for under 20k or a used cobra(sc~30K) and make an sti look like a econobox in front of them. 30gs for what u get its a pretty good deal. You get everything in the R32 that u get in the sti and A LOT MORE, except a turbo and a smaller engine... and the sti is more expensive. Oh, and the price wont depreciate. I am finding R32's a year old selling from 28-34,000 and seeing STI's a year old selling for 25k. I think if you cant afford spending 30g's on something that is meant to be driven by enthusiasts, then dont complain. No offense to subarus, love them to death, but i can't see myself going back to them, thats why im still in search of an M3 or M5.
    well said
    1994 Talon TSi - SMIC, 16G and Bolt Ons - Awaiting More Fuel and Tune
    2000 B5 GLS 1.8T Every Bolt On + Tuned GT28RS - R.I.P

i love the r32 im not hating im saying.....i wouldnt be hyped at a car that my forester beats when it costs over 30 k....... and there is no reason for it

ps sti's for 25 k 1 year old HOW MANY MILES BUDDY sti's hold their value quite well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.