SOHC turbo kills sti?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SOHC turbo kills sti? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Umm just wanted to know if any of you sti owners out thre have been beaten by sohc turbo civics ...

SOHC turbo kills sti?

Umm just wanted to know if any of you sti owners out thre have been beaten by sohc turbo civics like this guy says http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=17294

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

racing from a roll is gay as hell. they dont race from a roll at the dragstrip do they? its just what frontwheel drive cars "made up" to try to make it seem like there car is even with a car that is faster. tell them to shut up. and put there hazards on and " shut down"
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by drmowner
    Umm just wanted to know if any of you sti owners out thre have been beaten by sohc turbo civics like this guy says http://www.turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=17294
    im not an sti guy, definately not into honda's, i give them one thing and only one thing. but i would say at 9 psi he could run a 13 on good tires and knowing how to drive. considering a turbo hatch on 9 psi could do low 12's

i think edelbrock has a kit that puts 265 hp down to the wheels i believe. Not sure if the kit includes internals, b/c its not extremely high priced. That is enough power to slay a stock sti.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/...act/index.html

3 pages of info and last page has turbo options with power ranges from 200-280hp for 1.6-2.5 or 250-320hp for 1.7-2.7

Anything is possible...

like 3 years ago in my area there was an EG hatch (Turbo SOHC VTEC) that went 12.6's without nitrous. I'm pretty sure he was using a T3/T4, but either way he owned most anything he lined up with... when he was running slicks.

The guy in that post isnt using the dinky t28 that comes with the edelbrock kit:
    Garrett T3 .42/.48 - 9psi
    <-- from his sig. My guess is he's pushing more than 175whp, and that starts making a power to weight ratio that surpasses the STi's.

I am a fan of VTEC though... if I didn't have my WRX I'd have an all motor B-series honda without a doubt.
    Last edited by Fuji HM; 07-18-2005 at 09:10 PM.

the edelbrok kit for the b16 puts out 225 whp
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

my friend built up a sohc engine with a t66 and it rapes my friends sti with tbe and ap. its a complete frankenstien. Hes goinig to get it dynoed. Should be somewhere around 300-400 without nos.

anyone notice boosted motors that were once N/A seem to usually be killers?

The really fast ones are ussually just totally built for boost. High compression NA stock motors and forced induction dont really mix.

Quote Originally Posted by rsracer2005
    The really fast ones are ussually just totally built for boost. High compression NA stock motors and forced induction dont really mix.
    yeah, i know.... but some people still try it dont they? i consider high comp. 9.0 since ive always had low comp. engines in my little classics i bet i could run 82 oct ,if they made it,in my pontiac. i used to run 86 in it ....

Ok for one thing I used to be a big Honda fan and still am but the reason why I love subarus so much is the simple factor of mass and really good power gains, imagine if u put the same amount of money in a sti or even a wrx u will be killing everyone also.... put a couple thousand in a civic its good put a couple thousand in a STI it would be better

Quote Originally Posted by a03subaruwrx
    .... put a couple thousand in a civic its good put a couple thousand in a STI it would be better

True, though the STI costs a bit more to begin with. Put enough into a Civic to match MSRP of an STI and it would absolutely kill it. BUT! ...The STI is safer, would do WAY better on a track or autocrossing, better in bad weather, better in pothole laden streets cause of it's chassis, components would last longer on the track, better interior, etc etc.
    -ORW

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    I'll get under there this weekend and see if I can loosen things up and maybe shoot some lube juice up in there.

Oh sht, please don't sig that.

I Support ClubWRX
    my old highly modified 02 (EP) Si would OWN my WRX. I was beat by a greddy turboed 05 (EP) Si that I owned several times in my 02. I didnt have nearly the cash into the Si as I do the WRX (MSRP + Modification wise) Mainly because I worked at Honda and I got a sweet a$$ deal on a K24 but still, you either love honda or you hate them, but you got to respect them. The second you dont the riceist one will own you.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

STI with a good tune on a stock turbo can see 300 - 315 whp on a dynojet. Upgrade the turbo on the stock block around 400 with the right turbo. Upgrade the pistons 500. I think you get my point. It seems like everyone has this point to prove that they can beat a stock sti...Don't here to many people bragging about beating modded sti's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast