E36 M3 vs Maxima

This is a discussion on E36 M3 vs Maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Cruisin up rt 12 on the way to Wisconsin. older m3 gets a light with me. his buddy driving a ...

E36 M3 vs Maxima

Cruisin up rt 12 on the way to Wisconsin. older m3 gets a light with me. his buddy driving a 2.5 Rs is behind him, revving like a highschooler. i chuckle and both the m3 owner agree to run

Light goes green. easy launch, no wheel spin.. m3 pulls 2 cars to 60. The VQ matched the m3's pace from there to 100 when we both called it quits. It was a loss that put a smile on my face.

my japanese buick is just as mean from 60 up as the last generation m3 coupe.

He had some nice rims, exhaust and a few other minor mods. id love to have one...
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run. I suppose I'm a little surprised at you keeping up at higher speeds, but the VQ is a quality motor for sure
    99 Cutlass - gone
    01 Integra GS-R bolt-ons - gone
    04 WRX stage 2+ - gone
    06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6 spd - gone
    08 Mercedes E350 4matic Sport - lease turned in
    10 Mazdaspeed 3 SRI/Test Pipe - Current

good run. I am also suprised to kept up so well. Do you know if the M3 was auto or manual? They run mid to low 14's and trap at about 100mph. Either way, good run and get modding
    Y-pipe and intake are calling your name
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

im auto, he was manual. we both had a casual launch with no wheelspin. gearing was a big advantage for him. 2nd gear takes me to 75mph not to mention my sponge soft shifts...

i for sure thought he would keep pulling, but the VQ and long gears let me see his confused face in his mirror the whole time...

it would have been a squeeker from 50 roll
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED