behind STI
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on behind STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was jst thinkin...... ...... and readin. is the LEGACY 2.5 GT SEDAN faster than a WRX. both stock???????...

behind STI

i was jst thinkin...... ...... and readin. is the LEGACY 2.5 GT SEDAN faster than a WRX. both stock???????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they are about the same, except the WRX is a lil faster 0-60 and the Legacy GT has a lil more power at higher speeds and is a tiny bit better in the quarter mile. Some L GT drivers pull of 13.9 et stock, when the fastest for a WRX is 14.1.

Steve

how

how much faster in the 0-60?

legacy gt is quicker at more places and definitely is more torquey and of course more potential. It's a nice sleeper too since most people dont know what it is. Of course it costs about 4k more.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

the question was ....

WRX- 5.4 sec 0-60. 14.4sec @94 mph
    LGT - 5.7 sec 0-60. 14.3 sec @97mph
    Last edited by hellafastWRX; 07-18-2005 at 01:43 PM.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

The LGT can't be launched above 4500rpm. Yes it has more potential; the AP stage2 will walk away from a Stage 2 WRX.

But come 06 they have the same engine and the WRX will probably beat it then.

i know noting bout..

stages. im a noob. i dont even own a WRX yet but im gettin close. Thank You hellafastWRX you are the first person that answered my question exactly. THANK YOU. im intereseted im putttin around $1k into my car. So would that money make a WRX or Legacy faster???

I've only seen one LGT at the track so far, and with a stage 1 he was hitting crappy mid-high 14's with crap 60's (2.3+). We talked for a bit and I gave him some tips on launching (hed only had the car a few weeks) and I think I saw him pull a 13.8 (I forget what he trapped)....eeh it was a while ago, but he still probably had a little more in it.

hellafastWRX, do you have those number switched or something? 97mph seems kindof high for a stock WRX in the traps. I would assume its probably a bit harder to get off the line in the LGT, so I could see the crappy 0-60 compared to the WRX.

I wouldnt use magazine number to compare 0-60 times on these cars though. Alot of magazines will use 7k rpm (or close to it) clutch drops to get their times in the WRX. with the 4500rpm rev-limiter in the LGT this woul make the numbers look worse, even though on the streets (where most people worry about blowing their diff to a million peices) the LGT would probably pull ahead a little sooner with equal drivers.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20

who cares?? 0-60 on a wrx is faster than a lot of cars if launched right but it will still lose to them in a drag race/roll or anything else.

and yeah..97mph traps for stock rex seems really high

how do u launch????

???

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx

and yeah..97mph traps for stock rex seems really high

oops, i got the trap speeds mixed up.... fixed. sorry guys
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

???
    you disconnect your battery and intercooler, then you put it in reverse, then rev all the way up to the redline, then dump the clutch, then put it in second gear and floor it while pushing the shifter down as hard as possible and holding the brake at the same time. then you get a blow off valve and cold air intake then you will get teh mad psshhht psssshhhht and can launch 1 billion times better.

???

rev up to about 5.5k-6k rpm. Dont hold your revs just keep revving to that so it holds boost and slip the clutch, if you do it just right you'll know you did it right. If your tranny drops dont blame me.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    rev up to about 5.5k-6k rpm. Dont hold your revs just keep revving to that so it holds boost and slip the clutch, if you do it just right you'll know you did it right. If your tranny drops dont blame me.
    In addition to this keep in mind that the more you slip the clutch the safer it will be on the transmission (obviously worse on the clutch though). So if you're new to the wrx and trying to get the launch down, try to error on the side of too much slip rather than to little, bogging at a high rpm will put alot of stress on the drivetrain (no where for the force to go if nothing is slipping, the tires dont spin and the clutch isnt slipping then all the shock hits your gearbox and diff). I usually do just what he says, and try to slip the clutch at just the right speed so that I hold the rpms at around 4k-5k untill the clutch is totaly out. That what netted me my 1.7 60' my last trip to the track, although I have alot more power now, you kindof have to play with it a bit till you get it down for your car and the way you drive though.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.