behind STI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on behind STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As usual, the mags have the figures skewed. I'll lay money down that with the same drivers, a stock LGT ...

I Support ClubWRX
    As usual, the mags have the figures skewed. I'll lay money down that with the same drivers, a stock LGT will beat a stock WRX in every straightline category. What is this 4500 rev limit that is being spoken of? Someone has some misinformation.

Having owned one of everr vehicle Subaru offers in the sports line (yeah..including a Spec C) I think I can speak from an area of decent knowledge.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh, you caaannnnn launch a LGT higher than that but it will reward you by not moving an inch. The clutch won't engage and you'll smoke the hell out of it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Oh, you caaannnnn launch a LGT higher than that but it will reward you by not moving an inch. The clutch won't engage and you'll smoke the hell out of it.
    Mine has exhibited repeated +4500 luanches with no ill effects, clutch pedal "catching" etc. The myth of the clutch delay valve on the LGT persists even here I see. Although no TSB's exist on the matter yet, I am of the opinion it is due to early production models having poor quality clutch fingers. But that is just my opinion. I can only truly go by my experience, and that consists of no clutch issues what-so-ever.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I'm planning an aftermarket clutch asap for that very reason. I'm going to pick up the FMIC as soon as it's available, along with a full exhaust, so I might as well plan for the clutch now.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I'm planning an aftermarket clutch asap for that very reason. I'm going to pick up the FMIC as soon as it's available, along with a full exhaust, so I might as well plan for the clutch now.
    Good idea. I'll probably do the same eventually. Are you going ACT or Exedy or some other brand (Cobb, etc.). Just curious, and apologies for the OT.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Probably ACT if they make one for the push-style setup. I've used ACT since they came on the market for DSMs and I've loved every one. I even met Dirk Starsken at one of the DSM Shootout cookouts at Dave Buschur's house (back then the crowd was small enough to fit in his yard!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Kewl...I remember those days well!!!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12