WRX vs. GT-S, and Me vs. TC
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. GT-S, and Me vs. TC within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Heres my first wrx. vs. world post so bare with me: So last night me and about 20 other people ...

WRX vs. GT-S, and Me vs. TC

Heres my first wrx. vs. world post so bare with me:
    So last night me and about 20 other people went out to the "track." We set up a stock WRX vs. a heavily modified Celica GT-S. Now all the people that were there were Toyota fans, and I myself drive a Celica GT-S. They also know that I am selling my gt-s for a wrx.

So the WRX and the heavily modified GT-S are up at the line. The wrx doesnt get a great launch, but he is in the lead by half a car. The funny thing is is that the stock rex stayed half a car the whole race until they shut down near 80 mph. Rex won.

So all the spectators were like "Ohhh damnn!! a GT-S can keep up with a turbo 2.0 liter!!" And they start giving me crap and saying I should just get a 6 speed GT-S. I tell them hell no and that I already have plans to mod my WRX. I also told them that he was stock and I dont plan to keep mine that way . Haha what they dont know is Im putting a VF-34, STi Pinks, turboback exhaust, uppipe, and accessport. I cant wait to see the looks on there faces once I race them! I cant believe they think the rex is slow.

Anyway, about the TC later that night. My auto gts off the line was about half a car behind the TC till about 25 mph where I gained on him and got ahead by about half a car. I only kept slowly gaining on him till about 85 when we shut down. I was about a car and a half in front. Thats pretty good considering I have a 1.8 liter and the tc has a 2.4

Anyway, just wanted to see what yall thought about what those bastards were saying about the rex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the wrx learns how to launch and rapage ensues
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    "Heavily modified" GTS Celica? Was it turbo or supercharged? Good kill against the tC. I have a bone stock auto as a daily driver. He may have had a 2.4 with 20 more HP, but don't forget he is a bit chunkier than you.

Now get the rex, mod the hell out of it, and kill 'em all!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

The GT-S had everything but a supercharger and turbo. He has nitrous I know that. But I doubt he sprayed.

i wouldn't consider that heavily modified....you talkin intake, exhaust and other little things that hardly does much for 4cy n/a cars?

but as ur opinion on your gt-s and wrx, the wrx is in another league in the power category.

its good that u already have a plan. stick too it and u will be most satisfied or do more research on the rex

Yea, you'll have a blast with the VF-34 in the WRX. Its a whole different car than a stock WRX, and then just go back all cool and tell the GTS that raced that WRX to run, and tell him he can spray too....If all the guys were like "ooooh damn" cuzz a GTS kept up with a poorly driven stock rex, imagine what they would say when you put a buslength on him like its nothing...lol
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.