Legacy vs Volkswagen R32

This is a discussion on Legacy vs Volkswagen R32 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm bored so i'll share kill story. I was out driving around Boulder the other night trying to fix my ...

Legacy vs Volkswagen R32

I'm bored so i'll share kill story. I was out driving around Boulder the other night trying to fix my fuel settings since the car was bogging down under boost. Finally managed to get a good enough setting to run about 14 lbs of boost and ran into a nice R32 and kinda played with it for a moment before coming up to a red light. At the light the guy told me he wasn't ready "back there" so we decided to run from the light. No launch off the light as I'm still getting used to the turbo, didn't look like he got a launch either as he was by my door and starting to pull ahead until i hit about 4500 rpms and the car raised up in the front, the external wastegate opened and gained about half a car length on him between 4500-6000 rpms. Then shifted to second and could start to see him in the rearview and shut down. We attempted to talk for a moment but it was too noisy for either of us to really hear. Cool guy, and i like the car.
    Last edited by Damien83; 07-14-2005 at 11:53 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

stop lying.

jk. good run. i have only raced on legacy turbo like urs and that was with my wrx and i got beat. What are u running? traps? times? hp? etc.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Garrett t3/t4 about to be 18psi
    custom Invidia downpipe
    3" tbe
    external dump
    apex'i s-afc
    550 cc injectors
    msd ignition
    4.11 gears
    Stage 1 delta Cams
    spearco fmic
    apex'i ITC
    255lph walbro fuel pump
    38mm turbosmart wastegate...leaks.

plus a ton of other stuff....just dont have money to have the car tuned yet.
    Last edited by Damien83; 07-15-2005 at 12:49 AM.