EVO's and WRX's, why can't we get along - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on EVO's and WRX's, why can't we get along within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; haha that is funny, what an ass...

haha that is funny, what an ass
    www.kiowapilots.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i get along with everybody. .weather in in the WRX or the EVO.... like someone mentioned before, there are kool people in every group, i guess i always meet em, but it does seem like the SRT-4 guys act like they have to prove a point...oh well
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2ndregime
    Our cars are the most similar cars on the road, and in my area except for my best friend (white 04 RS) EVO guys swarm me all day, rev on me, and try to envoke races in rush hour traffic. I really don't understand it, we should be hanging out eventhough we are each other's biggest competitors.

There is a white evo gsr in my town with at least exhaust and he has a million gauges. This guy won't leave me alone for the life of me even after I smoked him. One day he was trying to get me to race when there is wall to wall traffic around us, he kept slowing down and getting on it. Anyone with a brain knows this is stupid. I can't understand it.

Last night there was a kid maybe 19, in a red evo gsr. Followed me around, started litterally following me to my house. He had a million gauges from what I saw and I think he was rolling around with an open downpipe (laugh). Well I just got done working 12 hours and I didn't feel like it, but he kept following me. So I slowed down and we went from a 40 roll. I crushed him real bad, it was getting to be a country mile in 4th gear when I got off of it, then he did a ricer fly by. Then the kid was yelling at me to start a f'n fight or something. I know not all evo owners are like this, because my best friend has one. But jesus, I'd sooner hang out with you guys then any other car. So the evo guys on this sight, who hang out with other evo guys, tell them not to be ****s, or at least to learn the sound of a WRX with some decent work done to it for cripes sake.
    The reason "Evos and WRXs" can't get along is because of the tools that own them. I'm not calling everyone a tool that owns one of these cars, but for some reason people take it personally when somebody has a competing car. You'll find it in the Camaro Vs. Mustang wars, and you'll find it in the Evo Vs. WRX/STi wars. I don't know why everyone takes it as a personal attack because someone has a different car.

I'll talk cars with anybody. I don't choose my friends by the types of cars they drive.

If EVO owners and WRX owners really do not get along, and you want a reason, I would chalk it up to the same reason why Ford and GM guys never got along, paticulary Mustang and Camaro guys. More of a rivalry thing than anything else.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    I dont care if they rev and try to mess with me.. I will soon own evos in my WRX so I can wait till i see the in their face. unfortuantely my area is pretty low on worthy cars to kick it with. i feel like i live in ricerville USA.
    i know iggzactly what you meen.... but, i think its the accuatll dsm community that has gotten to the evo drivers heads.... my older brother drives a 99 gst and him and all his dsm friends are ****s... they even admit it.... u should check out theyre forums... we are way nicer to each other than they are
    whats a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by hksimprezawrx
    i know iggzactly what you meen.... but, i think its the accuatll dsm community that has gotten to the evo drivers heads.... my older brother drives a 99 gst and him and all his dsm friends are ****s... they even admit it.... u should check out theyre forums... we are way nicer to each other than they are
    You're correct in this, everyone knows everything and they think they're cool for being a bunch of follwing the herd mindless morons. Most of the very smart DSM people don't frequent that many of the dsm boards.

A key example of this would be a twin turbo'd evo kit that's recently been put up for sale on ebay and then again on evom.net. It ran a 11.8 on 20 psi with a failing clutch, and everyone's over there ranting and raving about how stupid of an idea it is to run a big 16 on 1L of displacement. Others are calling it stupid just because the person in front of them that installed their intake and exhaust all on their own called it stupid as well. All of them of course are ignoring the fact that the person that put this particular kit together is very well respected in the field and had the 4'th fastest galant and was the worlds fastest evo - 8's and was streetable. Hell what would that guy know about designing anything for cars.

Here's a few of the cars he's built RCSA and don't link elsewhere.:
    http://www.beergoggles.org/mwir/adamsrun.mpg - steeted
    http://www.beergoggles.org/mwir/cosmo1083high.wmv - stock block
    http://www.beergoggles.org/mwir/LaryvsGalant.mpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    If EVO owners and WRX owners really do not get along, and you want a reason, I would chalk it up to the same reason why Ford and GM guys never got along, paticulary Mustang and Camaro guys. More of a rivalry thing than anything else.
    I have a Camaro and an STi. I get along with both, Mustang and Evolution owners. I've run into plenty of jerks within both camps. I won't even associate with LS1 owners for the most part, because the majority of them are such arrogant idiots.....but as it's been said, there are cool people and idiots within all the camps....

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    I get along w/ TurboWill, even tho he never comes out to say hi to me ;(
    I'm sorry, I want to come out to meet up with you guy's. It's just that I manage a company, and all I do is work
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    cuz your faster
    I think it would be a close race with my new setup. Look in my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    I'm sorry, I want to come out to meet up with you guy's. It's just that I manage a company, and all I do is work
    No thanks. I don't associate myself with scum like Evo owners. Evo owners should feel honored I even let them travel on the same highways as I do.

See, we'll never get along, Will. You own an Evolution, and I own an STi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Subaru
    No thanks. I don't associate myself with scum like Evo owners. Evo owners should feel honored I even let them travel on the same highways as I do.

See, we'll never get along, Will. You own an Evolution, and I own an STi.
    Eat my tail pipe
    Last edited by TurboWill; 12-10-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Eat my tail pipe
    Sheesh, that's a mighty large poopcan exhaust tip! Does your car spit watermelons out that thing?

And look your car can count to "8!" It's written all over the trunklid!

Nice car, man. Nice car.

I think it comes down to the ford mustang chevy camaro thing of the sixties. It is more of the manufactures who don't get along and it may (it does) trickle over the consumer. Pride in what one owns. Often though it is all for play, saying your car is better than the next, although some also take it way to seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Fuse
    I think it comes down to the ford mustang chevy camaro thing of the sixties. It is more of the manufactures who don't get along and it may (it does) trickle over the consumer. Pride in what one owns. Often though it is all for play, saying your car is better than the next, although some also take it way to seriously.
    While agree with you about it being for fun, I don't agree with you that the manufacturers don't "get along."

At one point, GM and Ford got together and were developing some type of transmission, but I think they both called it off after they decided that it was a "conflict of interest." I believe it was some type of transmission like that new automatic that Audi built.

In fact, it's only beneficial that these manufacturers "get along." By creating rivalries, it makes owning that particular car exciting, and while everyone is out touting that they're the fastest man on the block, the manufacturers are running all the way to the bank. The worst thing that could happen right now is the GTO could get cancelled. Why? Because then the Mustang is the last of the affordable American RWD V8 Muscle Cars. There will always be people that love the Mustang, but how long can it hang on in a class with no competitors? Ford was probably BEGGING GM to bring the Monaro over to the States as the GTO so the Mustang would continue to sell high volumes.

Look at Mitsubishi and Subaru. They've had their own "Camaro Vs. Mustang" rivalry for YEARS in the form of the "STi Vs. Evolution." It's not only fun for us, but it pushes both companies to produce better products. All the while, it makes for great press, and great stories for enthusiasts all over the planet.

This may be off the beaten path, but when I bought my Volkswagen, they called and sent me free gifts for purchasing my Volkswagen. It was a lot of "Thank you for buying our product, you are a valued customer" type things. They really made you feel important, and like more than a customer. People like that feeling of "belonging" to an exclusive group, whether it's going to a Slayer concert and moshing in the pit, being in a car club, etc. Everyone is brought together buy a common love for one thing. Go to a Slayer concert, and everyone is your friend for that evening. You headbang together, you mosh together, you bum cigarettes together, etc.

When I bought my STi, I wrote Subaru a letter telling them how impressed I was with my STi. The next thing I knew, they were thanking me left and right, and 2 weeks later I received a two HUGE posters of Petter Solberg's WRC car, and a week after that I received a box filled with Subaru merchandise (2 Subaru mugs, STi keychain, STi shirt, 2004 STi brochure because the 2005s were included in the Impreza brochure, 2005 STi calendar, STi article from R&T in 2004, and a book with the results of the 2004 WRC season). Not even a month later, I received a letter from Subaru's corporate office inviting me to participate in a company video! Back in April, I did that. It was a lot of fun!

.......and I'm just going to stfu because I'm just rambling on........

I see a blue Evo in my neck of the woods every once in a while, and I give him the thumbs up and he gives me thumbs up back. Their both sick cars in their own right, jsut a matter of personal taste. The only people I give thumbs down to are the douches who have "race-looking" cars that will never touch track pavement. To be more specific about 80% of the hondas I see rolling around. And don't forget Integras. Ok, im a hater, but hey...
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.