rsx type s vs. wrx - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on rsx type s vs. wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YZFWV 210 crank hp rsx-s > 227 crank hp wrx that translates to = 190whp(approx)hp rsx-s > ...

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    210 crank hp rsx-s > 227 crank hp wrx

that translates to =

190whp(approx)hp rsx-s > 178awhp wrx

That's just with the numbers, I'm sure the wrx would get pulled on in a high speed highway run, the same way I'm sure an rsx-s would get pulled on from a dead stop by a good wrx driver.

The rsx-s is easier to go fast in during a highway race because you just need to be competent enough to shift gears and press the gas...
    wow you need to learn how to do math...

NEW RSX-S = 210 crank hp * .85 (15% drivetrain loss) = 178.5whp
    02-04 RSX-S = 200 crank hp * .85 = 170whp
    WRX = 227 crank hp * .75 (25% drivetrain loss) = 170 whp

these are more realistic numbers i dunno where you got the 190 whp for the rsx that is totally off. These numbers plus the rsx's 300lbs weight advantage helps to explain why the rsx has better top end. And obviously the AWD gives the scuby better 0 - 60 times which equates to better 1/4 times at the track. Additionaly the RSX has a pitiful amount of torque (143btq) which equates to about 122wtq after drivetrain loss. Torque like that hurts the quickness of the rsx off the line even more as compared to the wrx.
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The 02-04 RSX Type Ss usually put down 160-165 WHP. 190 to the wheels for the 05 is just rediculous.

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdBlack
    wow you need to learn how to do math...

NEW RSX-S = 210 crank hp * .85 (15% drivetrain loss) = 178.5whp
    02-04 RSX-S = 200 crank hp * .85 = 170whp
    WRX = 227 crank hp * .75 (25% drivetrain loss) = 170 whp

these are more realistic numbers i dunno where you got the 190 whp for the rsx that is totally off. These numbers plus the rsx's 300lbs weight advantage helps to explain why the rsx has better top end. And obviously the AWD gives the scuby better 0 - 60 times which equates to better 1/4 times at the track. Additionaly the RSX has a pitiful amount of torque (143btq) which equates to about 122wtq after drivetrain loss. Torque like that hurts the quickness of the rsx off the line even more as compared to the wrx.
    it was a guesstimate, but definately off.

And he was talking about stock for stock I believe.

$1500 in an rsx-s will maybe give you 15whp(Another guess), if you get i/h/e. I'm not sure how well they respond to mods, but I know you can replace all the cat's on the wrx for that much and probably get an mbc and have a lot more than 15whp for $1500.

Hell any turbo car. $1200 on my jetta = 20-30whp and 50-70ft/lbs of tq. (Even though the power curve kinda sucks if you look at it, it's still and impressive power gain for $1200.)

$1500 in an rsx-s will maybe give you 15whp(Another guess), if you get i/h/e. I'm not sure how well they respond to mods, but I know you can replace all the cat's on the wrx for that much and probably get an mbc and have a lot more than 15whp for $1500.

Hell any turbo car. $1200 on my jetta = 20-30whp and 50-70ft/lbs of tq. (Even though the power curve kinda sucks if you look at it, it's still and impressive power gain for $1200.)
    what's your point
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

You can get EM and full TBE+UP for the WRX for $1500 and make a extra 50+ to the wheels.

The RSX-S takes quite well to mods for a NA car. Full catless exhaust, hondata reflash and CAI give about 25-30WHP, and I think the reflash changes the redline to 8400rpm. But other than that you'd have to FI and it needs a LSD.

man, you guys are ridiculous.

Stop b!tching about which car is better and which car makes more whp. I think I am one of VERY few people here that actually gave useful input. It is not about which car is better and which car will make more whp with mods, etc.... Each car does something differently and they are different cars. You need to respect the rsx-s relibility, nice interior fit and finish, nice handling, nice gas mileage, etc... and in the same sense you need to respect the wrx's awd, turbo, quickness, nice modability, 4doors, etc..

12 posts of arguing about the cars whp numbers wont help this kid out.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Don't you mean YOU?

check down there.
    ditto.
    check my sig. Both cars are pretty much stock (wrx has Cusco f/r strut tower bars) and both cars I've only had for about a month. The Type-S makes a better daily driver (smoother engine and transmission, nicer stereo, moonroof and way better a/c, as well as gas mileage) and the WRX makes a much nicer canyon crawler and autocross car. If I had to get rid of one it would be the Acura though.
    04 Impreza WRX
    03 RSX Type-S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12