'05 STi vs '04 LS1 GTO
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '04 LS1 GTO within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Went out last night to the usual meeting spot at around 9pm. (hastings) Only a few cars were there, till ...

'05 STi vs '04 LS1 GTO

Went out last night to the usual meeting spot at around 9pm. (hastings) Only a few cars were there, till around 9:30 when we started flagging down cars we saw passing by, This badass red Goat showed up, omg that thing sounded sweet. speedo read 200 He said its governed at 165. Around 10pm there were only about 20 cars around, and we got a few races setup. The Red SRT-4 that I raced vs a very nice grey GT with a saleen kit on it, looked nothing like a gt. I was still trying to convince he GTO to go from a roll. This Reagal was going vs a mitsu galant.
    I got the goat to finally race me, after we got to the spot from a roll.
    '05 STI: catless TBE, silencer delete
    '04 GTO: LS1 Stock Auto
    Race 1: we go from 45mph, me in 3rd. We hit the light poles and I have already about 1/4 car on him when we both hit it. We take off, I instantly pull about 1 car, (I think his car downshifted) I got the 3-4 shift pretty good, and I put another 1-2 cars on him. top of 4th I was about 4 cars on him, and it stayed like that till 5th, when he race was over.
    You should have seen me and my passenger's faces
    We turn around and I wait for him to get next to me, and I ask if he was even on it? He reply's "yeah I was, thats one fast f***ing car, it takes a while for this thing to shift."
    I ask if he wants to go agian from a slower roll, he says sure
    Race 2: We start from 35 this time, me in 2nd, and him in his powerband I guess. We hit the poles at the same time and take off, this time around he was next to me till about 50, when my 3-4 shift put about 2 cars on him. By 5th gear, I had about a good 2-3 cars this time, where it ended.
    I was very pleased with he performace of the catless tbe, I'm sure if it was a ls2 goat along with a manual, it would have been a different story, but I still have MAD respect for this cars, that thing was a beast. Sounded like it was pissed everytime he got on it.
    Mark a GTO under my belt
    BTW: the Red SRT-4 lost by about 3/4 of a car to that GT, but later on beat it after a good launch by like 1.5 cars, I later raced the GT to avenge the 4cyl.ers that night, and dusted him from a stop(his choice) and a roll by about 4 cars from a stop and 3 cars from a 40mph roll, this was only after people were saying how the ford would whip on any 4cyl. out there. Nice looking car though.
    All in all, the night was good. 2 wins 0 losses and 1 tie(best race of the night, with me starting to pull ahead in 5th, but by then it was over), against that damn srt-4 with a passenger in mine and none in his, from a 45mph roll.
    Last edited by AnthonyC.; 07-13-2005 at 12:30 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    plural

wow, I'm amazed those gto's can really get up and go.

awesome sounds like a good night.
    Current: '99 Honda Civic EX Sedan
    Someday: '02/'03 Subaru Wrx

Sounds like you had an excellent night. Congrats dude.
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

Nice kill. I know the 04's are not that quick. I test drove an 05 with the 400hp engine. Very nice car!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Nice kill, its always fun to get to run other fast cars. Way to represent the subaru too, sounds like you were basically the fastest car there
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

i own a GTO. it is sweet. but my payments are high as ever and it sucks in the snow. its an 04 and auto. its a fukin beast. cars arent even close to me. wether its red lights or on the highway. but i think im gonna get a WRX. wat will it take and how much $ to make my WRX compete wit a GTO???

Quote Originally Posted by NewCar20
    i own a GTO. it is sweet. but my payments are high as ever and it sucks in the snow. its an 04 and auto. its a fukin beast. cars arent even close to me. wether its red lights or on the highway. but i think im gonna get a WRX. wat will it take and how much $ to make my WRX compete wit a GTO???
    a lot. get an STI if you're looking for GTO competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasiveMunkey
    I have a tauren shaman level 52 on the Tichondrious server.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotguntc88
    Try going without underwear (old hippie day thing that I never got over)

Pee dribbles on your jeans when you park it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by lanevoell
    a lot. get an STI if you're looking for GTO competition.
    Or wait for the 07 Shelby... but that is gonna cooost youuuuuu
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

thanks for posting for me wrxaddicted....now i dont even have to worry about it
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

in the 2005 GTO, the automatic has a better 0-60mph time..only by a 10th of a second, but still faster (4.6 vs 4.7) compared to the 2004 model 5.3 sec on the manual and 5.7ish in the auto. the 2004 had exactly the same 0-60 numbers as the 2002 Ws6 models.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

yea that shelby

is gonna be sweet but its gonna be near $40k. thats fukin nuts. will a new STI beat a new GTO?

is gonna be sweet but its gonna be near $40k. thats fukin nuts. will a new STI beat a new GTO?
    40K w/out markups. .

GTO / STI it's going to be close with the 05 gto's. They've got monster top end, and people are putting them into the 12's in show room form. . . same for the sti though.

As reported, the 05 GTO and an STi are a very close match in the 1/4 mile. Either car could win. The STi is faster off the line (GTO launches suck) but the GTO has a lot more top end speed. The fastest bone stock 05 GTO that I know of is 12.8 @ 108 mph. There are a few others that have pulled 12.9 @ 107-109 mph. But low to mid 13s is the norm. Basically the same as an STi. But the trap speeds for an 05 GTO are much higher than an STi showing its power at the end of the track. The GTO really doesn't get going until about 80mph or so.

At higher speeds (over 100mph) the 05 GTO is significantly faster.

Several guys that have had the electronic speed limiter removed from the car have reported hitting 170 mph with ease. The Australian version of the GTO, (basically the same car ) has a 186 mph top speed. So there is no reason why an 05 GTO can't do 180+ mph, stock.

But
    Many 05 GTOs are running pig rich (excessively rich) from the factory and way out of tune (not making the advertised 400hp). GM really dropped the ball as far as tuning is concerned on the 05s. Many, I mean a bunch of 05 GTOs on the street are running like crap. If you run into one on them on the street it will be obvious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast