Integra type "R"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Integra type "R" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; on the way home from a friends house, late, around 12:30am, i see this white Integra type "R" pull out ...

Registered User ill Underground's Avatar

Integra type "R"

on the way home from a friends house, late, around 12:30am, i see this white Integra type "R" pull out of the gas station hauling a**. screeching his tiers in 1st and 2ed eventually pulling up next to me. for not being much of a fan of Integras this one was pretty nice, very clean looking, and the exhaust sounded pretty good. so we give it a go from about 45/50(im in third) three honks and i slam it. i imedetly jump to a 2.5- 3 CL and climbing. i shut down at a little over 100. the second run we were fortuneate enough to get a red light. we both launch at the light, and it was game over for the integra.when i shut down i had about a bus L on him, after i shut down and slowed he did his ricer fly by at WOT. i was pretty happy about my launch, ive only done it twice, and this was my best so far.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmm, awd vs fwd from a stop. I guess I can see how you won. lol. Seriously though, a stock Type R isnt fast. Even with standard bolt-ons its limited. Really need to race a boosted Type R then see whats up. I used to be one of those "Ricers" till I got into the serious honda HP game. It's just so fun to blow by someone who thinks a Honda is gutless.

But regardless, good kill.

What are you talking about? Stock R's have 200hp vs a WRX with 227. Thats not much of a difference when the R weights about 500 pounds LESS. Are you by any chance modded? I would have to think that both being stock from a roll a Type R may take a WRX.

Your car is basically bone stock. Hard to believe you be pulling that hard on an ITR on a roll.
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

my friend has a type r with intake, meugan chip, and headers...we raced from a 40mph roll and i was in second, i wwalked him but we shut down by like 80 due to traffic with me 1 car lengths infront of him..i only have a tbe at the moment so he held up pretty decently...but if the type r was modded and you are basically stock, it might not have been a real type r..just the badges..who knwos though

I've actually had a ride in a hatch with a type R swap in it with all the bolt-ons and it didn't feel that fast to me. A hatch is even lighter than an actual type R integra too. I guess I just must be bias toward turbo honda's cause I have had 2. In thier stock form they aren't that fast imo. And a type R is nearly the fastest honda next to the s2000 and NSX if I'm not mistaken.

ITRs are track cars not straightline cars. I have driven one and I would think it woudl take a stock WRX from a roll moreso teh faster you are going.

Mad 3rd gear pull yo!

CPC
    When I was stock I raced a type R from about 60 or 70 and he pulled on me.
    I was like .
    I thought it was going to be a easy win for me.
    By the way he said he was stock.
    Cobb Stage 1 02 WRX

as others have said.... A stock wrx vs. stock typeR would be a good race with the type R probably winning. Also, you said this one was modded, so just assuming he has the usual i/h/e he should have no problem putting 3+ cars on you.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I raced one with my stock evo when it only had about 50 miles on it, I can't be sure what he had other than an exhaust and some gauges. . but it wasn't even funny )

yes as far as i know he was stock, except for maby cat back or a mufler. also i had a 2001 prelude befor the WRX, and stock there 200hp and i had intake header and catback and it still wasnt very quick. also that 27hp is a difference maker.
    2002 Subaru WRX Black Sedan, K&N Air Filter, KartBoy Short shifter Greddy Turbo Timer, limo tint. HKS catback,

also i checked a few Integra sites and this is its times for the type R

Acura Integra Type R 0-60 7.0 1/4mile 15.3

i dont see the WRX havig that much of a prob. taking it

Quote Originally Posted by ill Underground
    also i checked a few Integra sites and this is its times for the type R

Acura Integra Type R 0-60 7.0 1/4mile 15.3

i dont see the WRX havig that much of a prob. taking it
    eh, I would not use those statistics as reference to how quick a Type R is. I have seen time with magazines as low as 6.5 (0-60) and 14.7 (1/4mile). As far as the real world goes, it difficult to find people that can actually drive these cars well because you need to launch perfectly and utilize the high redline. I know guys that consistantly got 14.7/14.8 in stock type R and if you browse the honda forums there are low 14's with bolt on's and guys doing 13's with bolt on's and EM with some pretty impressive traps.

Quote Originally Posted by ill Underground
    yes as far as i know he was stock, except for maby cat back or a mufler. also i had a 2001 prelude befor the WRX, and stock there 200hp and i had intake header and catback and it still wasnt very quick. also that 27hp is a difference maker.
    yeah, but the prelude is known for being slower than the typeR and about on par with the GSR. For having the extra horsepower and torque it really does not pull much harder. Several GSR and TypeR and even Prelude owners will attest to the fact that the prelude does not perform like it has that extra 30hp
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I raced one with my stock evo when it only had about 50 miles on it, I can't be sure what he had other than an exhaust and some gauges. . but it wasn't even funny )
    I ran VERY close with a stock Evo in my GSR from a roll. We were on 290 heading west towards woodfield rd. I came off of the Elgin O'Hare/Thorndale exit and he was coming from 355 going west as well... At about 45mph we played around upto about 55mph where we ran from about 55mph - 70mph. He put a good 2 or so cars on me, but then we went again from 60mph - 115 or so and I was right at his rear doors when we hit 90mph or so and held pretty strong there.
    luckily we never ran into a light.
    Just call me Clark Kent

as being a former itr owner. those cars are pretty quick. and from a roll, not bad either. easy to get the car up into the 8k rpm range and keep it in lift for the extra umph !!!
    i had both the wrx and itr at the same time so my wife and i raced each other and switching cars and raced again. for a modded wrx game over but for a stock wrx the itr might give you a run and you might get a decient look at the tail lights. all depends on the driver and who is modded !!

all in all the itr was a killer cornering car and pulling out of turns at 8k rpms

mike
    have you ever been 4 bagged ???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.