Wrx vs. 97 Supra - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wrx vs. 97 Supra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SCWRX My roommate just bought a 94 Lexus GS300 with a 2jz twin turbo with those exact ...

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    My roommate just bought a 94 Lexus GS300 with a 2jz twin turbo with those exact same mods, except he has an apex fuel controler. That car is a really fun sleeper. it hauls a*s!

Ummmm. Are you sure? It may be a 2JZ but an N/A. I dont beleive they put the TT's in any of those lexus'.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill, sounds like a ton of fun. And for all you nay-sayers....not every car is going to rip off car and driver performance numbers, especially one thats almost 10 years old. I've got the issue of Sport Compact Car where they tested all of the actual cars used in 2F2F, and they managed a whopping 14.5@94mph in the '93 TT Supra they used in the movie. I would say the beat down twin turbo they used for 2F2F is probably of the same caliber as the average brace-faced teenager is going to be able to afford, and drive around with the cel on (my guess for this one would be no cats...but you never know)...

So between the 13.1@109 that car and driver pulled in 1993, and the 14.5 that SCC ripped off in 2003, you have 10 years and about a second and a half.......not to mention on the street anything can happen...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

Thumbs up

Properly running STOCK Supras are still quick, even by even todays standards. They are not "Weak" by any means unless the car is not running properly or is NA. 320 hp and 315 ft-lbs, a short raio 6-speed nets a 0-60 in 5 secs and run 13.5 or so at high traps of 106-107. I know about the age, but who really knows the mileage. Despite being over 10 years old my car only has 55,000 on it.

Simple bolt on mods will net you an easy 400rwhp with substantially more if you use some race gas and crank the boost up a little more. Add a larger front mount(To replace the small side mount) and some cam gears and you got a nice road warrior. All that can be had for as little as 2K. Targas weigh a little more than hardtops, Generally speaking Supras weigh in at a "Healthy" 3450-3550 lbs. Still a heavy car, even though Toyota used such tricks as using a plastic gas tank, hollow carpet fibres, Single exhaust, etc.

BTW, nice Kill
    Last edited by garrettjj; 07-13-2005 at 06:09 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by garrettjj
    Properly running STOCK Supras are still quick, even by even todays standards. They are not "Weak" by any means unless the car is not running properly or is NA. 320 hp and 315 ft-lbs, a short raio 6-speed nets a 0-60 in 5 secs and run 13.5 or so at high traps of 106-107. I know about the age, but who really knows the mileage. Despite being over 10 years old my car only has 55,000 on it.

Simple bolt on mods will net you an easy 400rwhp with substantially more if you use some race gas and crank the boost up a little more. Add a larger front mount(To replace the small side mount) and some cam gears and you got a nice road warrior. All that can be had for as little as 2K. Targas weigh a little more than hardtops, Generally speaking Supras weigh in at a "Healthy" 3450-3550 lbs. Still a heavy car, even though Toyota used such tricks as using a plastic gas tank, hollow carpet fibres, Single exhaust, etc.
    SupraTT, STi, and GSR... Thats a pretty badass line up you have going on there
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    SupraTT, STi, and GSR... Thats a pretty badass line up you have going on there

+1 I wish I had that kinda cash.

My roommate just bought a 94 Lexus GS300 with a 2jz twin turbo with those exact same mods, except he has an apex fuel controler. That car is a really fun sleeper. it hauls a*s!

i passed one of them today on the highway...it had tint...i was hoping someone young was inside but it wasnt...would have been fun
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

Wow! Thanks for all the replies, all the great information. I have been asking around town to see if I can find out more about the Supra. There is a sever lack of "import culture" here, but I asked some people that might know.

It must be new in town, so I hope I run into it again.

On another note, I am down to one job now. Happily down to one job I might add, so I will be able to be far more active in the forums here. That has been an intention of mine for a while, but I was just so busy. Yay!
    MTWRX (Pearce)
    02' SRP Sedan 5spd
    Latest Pic of My Wrx

hmm. had to have been stock twin turbo. if it was N/A you would have murdered his car

your car looks hot with those rims on it
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

Thanks. I have liked them ever since I saw them on the turboxs bugeye back in the day. Too bad right now I am still running my winter black steel wheels. Looked like more of a sleeper too though, I guess.
    MTWRX (Pearce)
    02' SRP Sedan 5spd
    Latest Pic of My Wrx

yeah, my co worker has the sedona red pearl wrx, i just dont think his looks right lowered with the stock wheels.
    03silver wrx fpgreen stg4FMIC+272,272 cams++

Quote Originally Posted by IHRTWRX
    Ummmm. Are you sure? It may be a 2JZ but an N/A. I dont beleive they put the TT's in any of those lexus'.

it's an engine swap ofcourse. the guy he bought it from has a supra and 2 other sc300. all have the 2jz twin swap. he is building one sc300 to be his race car. took his 900 somthing hp engine out of his supra and put it in the sc300. put a stock 2zj back in his supra.

it's an engine swap ofcourse. the guy he bought it from has a supra and 2 other sc300. all have the 2jz twin swap. he is building one sc300 to be his race car. took his 900 somthing hp engine out of his supra and put it in the sc300. put a stock 2zj back in his supra.

Ahh. That makes sense. That would make for an awesome sleeper. MMMM. 2JZ twin turbo GS300.

my friend has a 478 rwhp supra, not sure of mods but he handed my preludes ass and any other ass he raced, besides my other friends rx7. his turbo spools louder than his exhaust. i hope to have my car (if the guy ever contacts me) like that

Who knows what was or wasnt done to the car, its like they say "run what you brung." Nice kill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast