WRX vs SL500

This is a discussion on WRX vs SL500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Behind this guy at a light. He's got an SL500 debadged with a lorinser badhe instead. And the full Lorinser ...

VR4

WRX vs SL500

Behind this guy at a light. He's got an SL500 debadged with a lorinser badhe instead. And the full Lorinser (sp?) bodykit. Some important guy with an importantly hot chick riding shotgun. He guns it off the line as I only rolled, so now its clutch slipping time all through first. Shift into second start gaining ground, then into third and about midway through third I'm at his rear and then slowly pulling past him. Right as I reached his nose he puts on the brakes, and ends the race just b4 I woulda passed him (BS). I guess I'd wanna save my pride too if I had the hot car/chick combo. This Ecutek tune has really been impressing me lately. Oh and should I be able to pull an SL500 with only 230whp?
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm, this doesnt sound right. Was this a new SL500?
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    Hmmm, this doesnt sound right. Was this a new SL500?
    yep... should I have lost?
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

from a roll, i still think the sl500 will have the advantage. They usually trap around 97-98 mph stock, and after that, it should easily start climbing faster than even a slightly modified wrx. Next time get ur clutch fixed and race him from a stop.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    from a roll, i still think the sl500 will have the advantage. They usually trap around 97-98 mph stock, and after that, it should easily start climbing faster than even a slightly modified wrx. Next time get ur clutch fixed and race him from a stop.
    my clutch is working fine, I was slipping it so I wasn't stuck so low in the rpms through first. And shouldn't my car car trap closer to 100? and since we didn't race up to that speed I'd guess the 2mph pull I had on him is prolly due to the difference in our traps and maybe due to his 105lb hot passenger.
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

You guys probably have similair hp (300ish) though he has a torque advantage. Power to the ground is probably similair too...his rwd automatic vs you awd manual.. So it would come down to weight and gearing. He weighs a little over 4000lb stock so advantage you, it was probably as slightly older model with the 5spd box, the new 7spd has much more favorable gearing and could easily tip it in his favor.
    Saab 9-2x Black; EcuTek Tuned, Maddad TBE, STi muffler, KB Shifter&Bushings,STi Suspension,Silencer Delete, K&N, SSR Comps w/ BFG KDW's, JDM STi Intercooler, Noltec Alignment Plates, 20MM RSB, blah, blah, blah

Do you know if the SL had any mods? It has like 302bhp stock, and Lorinser probably has some supercharger for it.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    Do you know if the SL had any mods? It has like 302bhp stock, and Lorinser probably has some supercharger for it.
    seriously doubt he had any mods
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq