Just ran an '05 SRT4

This is a discussion on Just ran an '05 SRT4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He came up on me from out of nowhere on the highway, pulled up next to me at 70 and ...

Just ran an '05 SRT4

He came up on me from out of nowhere on the highway, pulled up next to me at 70 and stomped it. I didn't bite at first, then thought "what the hell" and gunned it to catch back up. He was in front of me at a red light and he gunned it with me right on his ass. I couldn't reel him in, but he wasn't pulling away either all the way up to around 95-100. I pulled up next to him and told him he had a quick car, and he responded the same. He said he was stock (does that mean stage 1 stock or stage 3 stock?) which I believed because I pretty much kept up with him. My car is running Cobb stage 1 now, so if you believe Cobb I should be pushing somewhere around 245-250 h.p. (am I being too generous?). Anyway, the guy was cool and must live closeby, so I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to test each other out in the future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    If he said he was stock, then he was bone stock, not even stage 1...

Stock they come with 230 whp... your Cobb stage 1 WRX is probably putting out ~200 whp so he has 30 whp or so on you, plus he's lighter. Stock SRT4's are about as fast as a stage 2 WRX and can almost hang with STis...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

I thought Dodge advertised them to be 230 at the crank (although we all know most dyno at that level). Either way, I think you're correct that I'm probably around 200 at the wheels and they're a substantial difference in hp. I was just surprised that I was able to keep up. I never expected to beat him, only keep the humiliation to a minimum.

It's common knowledge that SRT-4s are very underrated by the factory and they typically dyno at ~ 230whp/ 245 wtq... they are very capable cars and should not be underestimated. You really need to be stage 2 before you can beat one... but from a roll, he might still take you.

PICS & MODS

Yo

A friend of mine owns a 2004 SRT4 and it puts down 240whp & 250ft/lbs stock. They are fast which I think is great. I wish Subaru under-estimated the STI for 300whp instead of 251whp.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I know they're fast - that was common knowledge for me as I've driven one once. They don't apply the power to the ground very well from a dig, but rolling they are quite the beast. He seemed surprised that I hung with him as well as I did (that made two of us!).

now start modding some more and chaulk up some wins agianst those little srt-4's

good job, how'd you know it was a 05? the color of orange and white are the dead give aways. go get some more work and try er again. just for my what its worth my stock 04 srt4 dynoed 232hp,261tq down to the paper filter and 93oct gas.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    If he said he was stock, then he was bone stock, not even stage 1...

Stock they come with 230 whp... your Cobb stage 1 WRX is probably putting out ~200 whp so he has 30 whp or so on you, plus he's lighter. Stock SRT4's are about as fast as a stage 2 WRX and can almost hang with STis...

Where is this info coming from? I've seen several stock SRT4s at the track and most end up in the low 14s with few -- the ones with great drivers -- in the 13.8-14.0 range. I've heard of some running better than that but for the most part I've only seen low-14s being the norm. They're easily modded, though, and can easily get into the low 13s with only a couple mods. But then again so can the WRX.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Where is this info coming from? I've seen several stock SRT4s at the track and most end up in the low 14s with few -- the ones with great drivers -- in the 13.8-14.0 range. I've heard of some running better than that but for the most part I've only seen low-14s being the norm. They're easily modded, though, and can easily get into the low 13s with only a couple mods. But then again so can the WRX.

Refer to the first post in this thread... We are talking from a roll, a 70 mph roll at that.

PICS & MODS

I'm pretty sure it was an '05 as he said he only has 2K on it. It was black.

Thats really wierd because of the fact that I killed my friends srt-4 my mods are listed below basically I dont have much engine mods I have piping done and a bov basically it for my engine and I am like a car length away

Quote Originally Posted by a03subaruwrx
    Thats really wierd because of the fact that I killed my friends srt-4 my mods are listed below basically I dont have much engine mods I have piping done and a bov basically it for my engine and I am like a car length away
    every race is differnt and alot of differnt factors contribute to each race. but a 91mph trap speed means even a stock srt should be realing you in very quickly past 60. assuming the driver can redline a gear and shift quickly. but anything can happen. especially sence ours cars are very pron to multiple boost leaks and a very picky ecu when it comes to gas octane in relation to heat and humidity to boost levels. its not unheard of, of stock srts boosting properly 8-10lbs in bad weather and 15+ in good weather.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

really good point u are right--- it all depends on the enviorment and drivers

It is all kind of weird to me. I am also stage 1 and when I raced an SRT, I did not have any problems with keeping up with him, well at least in one gear. From what I saw and heard he didnít have his pipes on, we ran from 60 (I was in 3rd) up to 120 (end of 4th), I was dead even in 3rd then when I shifted to 4th he started slightly pulling on me and ended up about a car in front of me. I do not see how stage 2 WRX cannot keep up with stock SRT.