I love when the wrx is underestimated
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I love when the wrx is underestimated within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am driving home from a friends house at 2am. I just want to drive home and the road is ...

I love when the wrx is underestimated

I am driving home from a friends house at 2am. I just want to drive home and the road is empty. I'm at a stoplight and some car with HIDs notices me and pulls up behind. The light turns green and he's on my butt for a little bit and moves over a lane pacing me. I really didn't feel like messing up my driving record so I was chill for a little bit. (I looked over and him and he was Gangsta leaned way to his backseat in a new Acura TSX I guess he's trying to show off to his girlfriend on the passenger side) I get irritated after a mile of driving and slowly pass him and he guns it, it brings a little smile to my face. (I don't know what he's thinking...I like the TSX, but it's by no means quick. I'm not terribly quick either though) We both hit a stop light and I guess I should just show him so he leaves me alone. The light turns green and he's still waiting for me to do something. I'm chillin in first through the intersection taking my time and slowly gain speed to get his attention. He jumps on it and I let him have it. I almost go WOT through 3rd and let off completely while he's way back in my mirrors. After a little bit he catches up to me and tries again at a 45mph roll and tries again. He gets pissed and does a u-turn. I guess it was fun in the end. I still won't full out race a guy on the street though.

Sorry this was so long, I'm bored at work and I'm trying to speed my day up...
    Last edited by Pronto; 07-11-2005 at 12:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what mods do you have?
    Mine's a Stock-a-roo

Nice run, with the mods in your info you probably rocked him pretty bad without even trying TSX's arent bad for what they are, but it sounds like that Gangsta' needed to learn were he sat on the automotive foodchain, its always fun smoking people with their gf in the car, especially when they instigate it...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

nice kill. I love those types of kills. I had some punk in a 4.6l GT that was painted with some nasty gold color around here with his girlfriend in the car lurching at me at about 40mph.
    i was cruising in 3rd gear and just dropped it into second and hit it. I heard him going WOT but he kept just falling back.

the gangsta lean is an instant -10 hp.

VR4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared703
    the gangsta lean is an instant -10 hp.
    because you can't push the pedal down all the way
    Helix UP/TBE, ECUTEK
    230whp / 225 wtq

2005 Yamaha R1 Raven Black

theres tons of ricers here.so theve all played NFSU so they knoiw better
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Here in Metro Detroit the WRX is the ultimate sleeper. Everyone has an F-150, Ram with Hemi or Exploder (or other SUV). They all think they are the fastar and definitely don't know the WRX's speed. I love to roll away at medium throttle in 1st then shift into second and floor it. Boost kicks in and they look like and I look like

NOBODY ever messes w/ me around here. I dont understand it. i see ricers all the time....i guess they just know better I never instigate anything either tho, i just mind my own business. street racing is I have had a couple friendly runs w/ a swapped and/or built del sol that i always see around here, but thats about it in the whole year ive owned my car. (aside from my legal visits to the track) I do love all the stares i get tho. gotta love the head snap

Quote Originally Posted by Pronto
    I am driving home from a friends house at 2am. I just want to drive home and the road is empty. I'm at a stoplight and some car with HIDs notices me and pulls up behind. The light turns green and he's on my butt for a little bit and moves over a lane pacing me. I really didn't feel like messing up my driving record so I was chill for a little bit. (I looked over and him and he was Gangsta leaned way to his backseat in a new Acura TSX I guess he's trying to show off to his girlfriend on the passenger side) I get irritated after a mile of driving and slowly pass him and he guns it, it brings a little smile to my face. (I don't know what he's thinking...I like the TSX, but it's by no means quick. I'm not terribly quick either though) We both hit a stop light and I guess I should just show him so he leaves me alone. The light turns green and he's still waiting for me to do something. I'm chillin in first through the intersection taking my time and slowly gain speed to get his attention. He jumps on it and I let him have it. I almost go WOT through 3rd and let off completely while he's way back in my mirrors. After a little bit he catches up to me and tries again at a 45mph roll and tries again. He gets pissed and does a u-turn. I guess it was fun in the end. I still won't full out race a guy on the street though.

Sorry this was so long, I'm bored at work and I'm trying to speed my day up...

what mods do you have?
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

why are you guys asking what mods he has?? its a simple tsx with same power as an rsx type s without the gearing and with much more weight, like it matters if he was stock or not. nice kill
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

his mods:

Engine/Transmission mods:
    GReddy EVO Catback Exhaust, HKS Uppipe and Downpipe, TurboXS Intake, UTEC - Stage 2
    Suspension/Wheels mods:
    Tein Springs, Perrin Front and Rear Swaybar, Perrin Rear Strut Tower Bar
    Future plans:
    TurboXS Utec. Grounding Kit. Still deciding how far i'm willing to go.

Yeah sorry, the story wasn't supposed to emphasize a kill. I was trying to aim it more at drivers that race by their price tag.

nice kill$

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.