Who Mocked a raggedy black Taurus SHO? July 9th, Irving, TX, 7:20pm, Hwy183 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Who Mocked a raggedy black Taurus SHO? July 9th, Irving, TX, 7:20pm, Hwy183 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by timber Okay- your'e talking about a motor swap- the 3.0 to a 3.2. I was thinking you ...

Quote Originally Posted by timber
    Okay- your'e talking about a motor swap- the 3.0 to a 3.2. I was thinking you were just swapping out trannies- my bad..
    Actually, I was talking about a tranny swap. lol But I'm so confused, I'm starting to misunderstand myself & think I'm crazy...

The believe the swap goes as follows:

1. Start with a 3.2L automatic SHO
    2. Take out the tranny
    3. Take out the car's wiring harness, but not the engine's wiring harness
    4. Insert a 3.0L wiring harness throughout the car and plug it into the 3.2L engine wiring harness
    5. Insert 3.0L manual transmission
    6. Insert pedals & rod shifter (or cable shifter)

That's the easiest way to discribe it. The wiring harness for the car is seperate from the engine wiring harness. I think people do it this way in order to not have to deal with the subframe or motor & transmission mount issues. But I'm not for sure...I've never personally done it.

I think we've exhausted this thread. lol You guys have a good day. Admin is welcome to lock/close this thread.
    Last edited by Artesia; 07-21-2005 at 06:45 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used to drive a 89 SHO that I bought with 49000 miles on it. I ended up wrecking the car, but the damn thing was fast when I had it. I had the vortech supercharger with all supporting mods from the shoshop, 42lb. injectors, catless y-pipe, ecu management, cams, 80mm MAF, 40mm BB butterflies, extrude honed intake runners,and a Quaife LSD.
    The car was fast from a stop, or on the highway. But it was so expensive to modify, and there was no traction in first, second, and halfway through third. Just my opinion, these cars can be extremely fast. Gotta love all-wheel drive though.
    05 STi: TBE, Cobb AP

sounds like a race-off.-fight............yeeeeeeeeah
    yeah what've you done to your taurus?

edit: nevermind im dumb... damn hybrid view
    Last edited by fokai; 08-19-2005 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fokai
    sounds like a race-off.-fight............yeeeeeeeeah
    yeah what've you done to your taurus?

edit: nevermind im dumb... damn hybrid view
    Oh, I just have true dual exhaust. I put 201hp to the wheels and 192.5tq. So around 242-250hp and 232-240lb-ft torque at the flywheel. Has a lot of top end.

I ran a Mercedes CLK 500 three times, and at his best run, from 70-110mph, he only pulled one car on me. At my best run from about 25-70mph, he basically just pulled ahead to where I was 1/2 to 1/4 up on his car (he was winning, if I didn't describe that well enough). But not too shabby, though, considering those have 302hp & 339lb-ft torque. I like to run for fun, periodically. Doesn't matter if I win or lose. It's just for fun... I knew the driver of the Benz.

I liked the older SHO's with the 220hp Yamaha V6 but when they added that V8 and added a dew hundred pounds to it I lost all intrest in it. A friend of mine had I think a '89 and it was pretty quick but she had problems with the clutch all the time.

I didn't read all the pages cept for the disturbing 1st about the toreass. God that was the most nasty image i've ever seen.

Maybe the guy you thought was mocking you cause he didn't want to race is cause he was probably low on gas or just didn't feel like it?

I'm like that sometimes. Some guy in this RX8 one night i was on my way home wanted to race and i was just thinkin to myself i dont want to waste my time or gas with it. so he ended up screechin the tires as i easily moved on forward shifting everytime at 3k..........but then i came up next to him at another light and handed him his ass... hehe i launched... those rx8's definately have not torque i took him up to 3rd by a car length which i find absoultely pathetic froma 27g car. all I have is 200 crank hp, and most likely more torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Okonkowo
    Maybe the guy you thought was mocking you cause he didn't want to race is cause he was probably low on gas or just didn't feel like it?
    I doubt it. His friend was the one in the car mocking me, and the driver was just smiling. He didn't think the car could beat him, most likely. I could care less. I just figured if I could find the guy, he might actually run me.

I've run Rx8s before. Nice little cars, but they don't have enough torque, as you said. I run off and leave'em. One guy cut me off at high speeds so I wouldn't pass him and so his girlfriend wouldn't see him lose. lol

I have never understood why so many people race from a roll. I mean I know why everyone else wants to race WRXs from a roll, because that is where they shine. So how is that fair, how can you ask the person to take away the biggest advantage the car has. That is like saying, ok I will race you from stop to 60ft and that is it, and if I win I have a better car. You have to be able to incorporate both car's advantages, so it evens out in the end. And like one other guy said, who cares if you can win from a roll, in fact it is not even that important if your car is just plain faster, I think of a race as a test between who is a better driver too, and running from a roll is a car race. I guess it boils down to me being someone who likes to test and race other drivers skill level, not so much exactly how fast the car is. But obviously my opinion doesnt speak for everyone.......

^^ true dat man i dont understand it. it really isn't a race if its from a roll. i'd rather race off the line 0-80 than to race 40-120. Its way more fun and shows of the true power of your car and driving skills like that.

If you want to race car for car, you do a 4th gear run. That tests the actual power of the cars at a 1:1 gear ratio. If you want to test the drivers' shifting ability, you race from a roll. If you want to test a driver's launch ability (and car's launch ability), you race from a stop.

For instance, I could race a stock WRX from a stop and lose if we stopped at 80mph. However, if we wrapped the cars out in a 2 mile stretch, I'd win, no problem. Some would argue that that's a complete test of the car's full range, and the driver's abilities. It covers launch, shifting, the car's full powerband, and possibly the car's top speed. But if I ran a WRX in my Rx7 Turbo II, it'd be a different story with different power bands and different areas of strengths and weaknesses. Just depends on the car, I suppose. Every car is different.

The truth is that everyone's going to want to race under conditions in which their car does the best. That's really all it boils down to, I suppose...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.