Who Mocked a raggedy black Taurus SHO? July 9th, Irving, TX, 7:20pm, Hwy183 - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Who Mocked a raggedy black Taurus SHO? July 9th, Irving, TX, 7:20pm, Hwy183 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Again, thanks for the info guys! Nice board you have here. Talk to ya' later....

Again, thanks for the info guys! Nice board you have here. Talk to ya' later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Since you are on this board, its time for you to get a WRX or an STi
    -Bruce

I think its funny if its true. WRX's have been laughed at for years by many car groups. I would hate to see WRX'ers doing the same.

I wouldn't dismiss any car. Some of the fastest cars I've raced looked like slow pos.

Welcome to the board.

What year SHO do you have?

I own a 04 wrx obviously and i have a 94 taurus SHO as a daily driver. Perosnally, I hate my SHO and want to blow it up. I have had ntohing with problems with it as of late and even when it was running good, i thought it was a dawg. i bought it very used and when i pulled the dash console to chang eout the heater core i noticed it had a "diablo" chip or some BS. Either way, it just had basic mods but that thing still feltl ike a turd, wherever i was driving it. If anybody wants a sweet sweet SHO parts car, 500 bucks and it's yours. The tranny is slipping bad and it needs a new water pump. Body is clean as hell! alright /hijack
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    wrx's are complete turds at freeway speeds, accords wack em.
    I drive a turd?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I drive a turd?
    I thought you knew...
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by timber
    I thought you knew...
    I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    I drive a turd?

at freeway speeds, yep.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    at freeway speeds, yep.
    I like it - it is the fastest / quickest car I have ever owned. I agree it is not geared for 80+ mph performance. Fortunately, I rarely go that fast (if I do it is not for long). I would not call it a turd though

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by Artesia
    Whoever said, "It's still a Taurus" is correct... But the point is to have a sleeper. I mean...how sad is it to get beat by a 4 door grocery getter?
    hehe...it's great, isn't it?
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I've heard shos are fast, but stock you'd be hard pressed to keep up with a rex. If someone laughs at my little subi, I just introduce them to my second and third gear and they stop laughing. Unfortunate that the dudes wouldn't let you have it, but no worries, atleast you can still hold on to your pride.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

isn' t the wrx a 4 door grocery getter also? i know i consider my evo as one
    " I'm a bad man"

The ultimate SHO:

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Since you are on this board, its time for you to get a WRX or an STi
    I'd love to have one! They're sweet little cars. I have a 10th Anniversary Rx7 Turbo II which I'm going to restore eventually... There's nothing like the feel & sound of a turbo spooling.

I've heard shos are fast, but stock you'd be hard pressed to keep up with a rex.
    We can find out, if you'd like. I'm sure one of the stock SHO guys would run a stock WRX (as legally as possible). But again... It'd have to be from a roll. SHOs can't launch to save their lives. From a stop, any of your guys would roast a stock SHO. It'd be 120mph before the SHO caught up with you, probably. lol One of our stock automatic SHOs ran a 350Z from a stop and from a roll a few months back. From a launch, the SHO lost by a little, and from a roll on the freeway he walked the guy, no problem. I raced a 350Z from a slow roll and beat him, as well, but I'm slightly modded.

What year SHO do you have?
    I have a black '91 SHO Plus. It was built after August of '91, so it has all the 2nd gen console, rod shifter & engine (Ford is quirky like that, I guess). I have tokicos & eibachs, solid engine mounts, solid subframe connectors & enlarged brake rotors. It's built to road race or autocross, and to launch a little better. Tires are pathetic, though. I have 2" true dual exhaust, as well. That's all. I'm in serious need of a paintjob. Black paint oxidizes more quickly than other colors. My A/C clutch just went out. My rear brake caliper is barely leaking, so I have work to do today...
    Last edited by Artesia; 07-16-2005 at 08:49 AM. Reason: screwed up the quote & reply! lol

That is definitely correct! That's a mean SHO right there! lol I love those SHOGuns! Those things weigh 2,580 lbs and have a stock SHO motor in the back. They're rear wheel drive and they pull numbers like a Viper! 4.6 sec 0-60 & 12.9 sec quartermile (or better).
    Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    The ultimate SHO:

-Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.