Who Mocked a raggedy black Taurus SHO? July 9th, Irving, TX, 7:20pm, Hwy183 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Who Mocked a raggedy black Taurus SHO? July 9th, Irving, TX, 7:20pm, Hwy183 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh, thanks for the welcome. I'm not grudging against anyone. Just figured I'd see if I could find the guy ...

Oh, thanks for the welcome. I'm not grudging against anyone. Just figured I'd see if I could find the guy and see if he wanted to run. He didn't have the STi badge on the grill, but I thought I saw an STi badge somewhere else. Didn't know if he was a posser or not. His hood was an STi hood, though.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Teep
    street racing is bad mmmkay!

-tp
    oh my gawd
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

What do I have done to my Taurus?

1. It's a SHO. It has tons of top end. Total highway car. A stock SHO will beat a WRX on the highway. Not an STi, though.

2. I basically have exhaust on my car. I have around 242-250hp & 232-240tq. (that's with a 17-20% loss through drivetrain)

SHOs are dogs on low end, but when you get them on the highway, their geared extremely well for the engine and they really get moving. They're just getting started at 80mph. 3rd gear goes to 108mph, and 4 will top the speedo, if I remember correctly. And I know the car has no problem reading 145 (which tops out the speedo).

Whoever said, "It's still a Taurus" is correct... But the point is to have a sleeper. I mean...how sad is it to get beat by a 4 door grocery getter?

I've run WRXs before on the highway and walked them. I'm sure they were stock. I ran one with a catless exhaust and some other mods (don't know specifics). He said he had around 300+ hp (Just a friend of a friend). He pulled on me. WRXs are sweet cars.

I like how you said "Raggedy" in your thread title

Welcome aboard, nevertheless
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Artesia
    What do I have done to my Taurus?

1. It's a SHO. It has tons of top end. Total highway car. A stock SHO will beat a WRX on the highway. Not an STi, though.

2. I basically have exhaust on my car. I have around 242-250hp & 232-240tq. (that's with a 17-20% loss through drivetrain)

SHOs are dogs on low end, but when you get them on the highway, their geared extremely well for the engine and they really get moving. They're just getting started at 80mph. 3rd gear goes to 108mph, and 4 will top the speedo, if I remember correctly. And I know the car has no problem reading 145 (which tops out the speedo).

Whoever said, "It's still a Taurus" is correct... But the point is to have a sleeper. I mean...how sad is it to get beat by a 4 door grocery getter?

I've run WRXs before on the highway and walked them. I'm sure they were stock. I ran one with a catless exhaust and some other mods (don't know specifics). He said he had around 300+ hp (Just a friend of a friend). He pulled on me. WRXs are sweet cars.
    I've always liked the SHO. High(er) hp in a four door- whoda thunk it?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Teep
    street racing is bad mmmkay!

-tp

Best post on this thread ~
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Quote Originally Posted by Artesia
    I mean...how sad is it to get beat by a 4 door grocery getter?
    ...you mean like a WRX?
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

I got a buddy that races SHOs .... and i second the highway power... they pull great on the freeway. Probably better then a WRX. Ive never driven a rex myself, but I raced 2 with my talon (1g) when i was on stock boost/stock fuelsystem/ ghetto exaust/ K and N and pulled them pretty hard. ahh i remember the days of being near stock..... lol..

ps. i love sleepers..my omni is gonna be pretty sick when im done, and shoundnt cost me more then 1300 bux to hit 11s ... including the cost of the car lol heh heh. I doubt itll pass inspections though.. lol
    Last edited by Mister 2; 07-11-2005 at 09:32 PM.

people mock other people all the time
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    I got a buddy that races SHOs .... and i second the highway power... they pull great on the freeway. Probably better then a WRX. Ive never driven a rex myself, but I raced 2 with my talon (1g) when i was on stock boost/stock fuelsystem/ ghetto exaust/ K and N and pulled them pretty hard. ahh i remember the days of being near stock..... lol..
    wrx's are complete turds at freeway speeds, accords wack em.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    wrx's are complete turds at freeway speeds, accords wack em.

I never said they were turds..... but there not exactly known for there top end power lol. Given the fact that i beat a couple with a pretty much stock 1g DSM.... which is also AWD ...I can come to the conclusion that they are pretty slow on the top end. (stock)... not modded

edit: but come to think of it... as much as i HATE hondas.... a new accord v6 manual probly would "wack" a stock rex on the free way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    I never said they were turds..... but there not exactly known for there top end power lol. Given the fact that i beat a couple with a pretty much stock 1g DSM.... which is also AWD ...I can come to the conclusion that they are pretty slow on the top end. (stock)... not modded

edit: but come to think of it... as much as i HATE hondas.... a new accord v6 manual probly would "wack" a stock rex on the free way.
    It's ok, you don't have to.They're not top end cars by any means with the stock turbo. Dropping down to like 12PSI at redline with all its 320CFM flowing fury.

Must...resist...creating...fake Texas member.

My old boss got a SHO for cheap, and he ended up liking it much more than his IROC.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

dont know if this means anything but i have PWNED 2 SHO's (from a roll) by 4 to 5 car lenghts so far ....back with my Jackson Racing Supercharged 99 Si. They were both from a roll. Another was a close race when all i had was IHE and that was from a stop light.

That being said i lost to almost all rexes at a stoplight since a Roots designed charger dumps all its torque down too early easily renedering you crippled through out top of second gear.

And since we are comparing the new V6 Accords i raced on of those too with the Si from a roll and he kept up a car length behind all the way from 20 to 118 mph. Another from a dead stop and a conservative launch got owned by a bus length.

And about the Highway racing...i dunno its not my piece of cake...i havent seen any drag races from a roll at the track (meaning ...its a half a$$ job at racing).

Even in the Honda days i called a race from a dead stop a race....none of this rool crap means anything. I bet even briteny spears could beat a rex with her RX-8 since you dont need any driving skill to race from a roll.

Also some one else on this board has a saying...

"Racing from a roll is like Mastrubation...no matter how hard you try its not the real thing"

__________________________________________________ _____________

04 WRB WRX
    99 EPB Honda Civic Si (boosted)

Well, thanks for the info, guys. You all seem pretty cool. It's good to see people that don't jump all over you and claim their car beats anything. lol You get that on some boards. You guys seem to be very real. That's very respectable.

Good to see people that enjoy both SHOs and WRXs. I like both of them, as well.

Concerning racing from a dead stop...since SHOs are horrible on low end, SHO owners know to pick the races at higher speeds. We just like to stick to what works best for us...that's all. The only SHOs that do well off the line are the supercharged SHOs, if they can get traction. The least powerful supercharger kit you can get for a SHO yields 400hp at the engine at approx 8-10psi (viewable @ www.shoshop.com). You must have a very nice suspension setup to get it to hook up well.

One guy stripped his car out, put on slicks, hard suspension and a 50shot of NOS just to get off the line quickly in 1st gear. lol No NOS after 1st gear. He ran a 12.9 at the track one day (I think www.shotimes.com has the video). He's racing a Viper, and the Viper beats him, of course. Funny race, though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast