so i got owned by an Integra........

This is a discussion on so i got owned by an Integra........ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, i was out on 37 the other night, just crusing around and my friend goes here comes a teg, ...

so i got owned by an Integra........

Well, i was out on 37 the other night, just crusing around and my friend goes here comes a teg, im thinking ooo fun, well he comes up.....ssssssssss <diverter valve noise> that fluterry noise they do lol, anywho, i give him a thumbs up and he does the same back. Im now thinking ok, competition, well hes trying to get me to go right through this intersection where cops hang out a lot, he honked 3 times and i stuck a hand out and said no, go down by the hospital. So 40mph roll right under the pkway bridge, btw this teg sounded really mean, 3 honks, 2nd gear for me, he pulled like no tomorrow, chirped third and fourth, and god wow did that thing pull. We went again, he gave me a head car start, i held my own the whole way. Then i had to tell him how to get back home to pkway south and when he pulls into the wawa, some drunk guy in a saturn, almost takes off his front end. Finally before he left we were sitting at the light, and he held it at like 5 grand or so i guess and every other pop was a massive fireball. He was really cool, nice looking teg, and his car was teh ultimate sleeper, he was at least low 12s high 11s. He was from south jersey. I didnt get to ask him what his setup was though. But it was a fun run.

Edit: im stock minus the intake silencer delete and a boost gauge.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice death. im from tr also. is your last name jerome by any chance?
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Very cool. You never no what ur going to run into. I know you can't wait to mod
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Nice death. Theres something I just love about turbo integras, I always thought the type-r's look really nice, and the bov sound just fits them.

I ran into a turbo integra a while back in NJ too, it was a green one....not nearly as much of a car as the one you raced, I took him out pretty easily with just a dp from ~60-100mph. I thought I was gunna get owned when I heard the bov, i guess when it comes to that level of mod every car will be different, could be a monster or a dud...he seemed like a cool guy, and I slowed down to let him catch up and he gave the and so did I.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

hondas/acuras are the hardest cars to guess what they have in them since 70%-80% of the people that own them put an i/h/e on them and call it a day. But you have to watch out for the other ones that know what they're doing.

I ran a newer civic that was turboed and the guy did the kit himself. It was a slug, I actually think it ran worse than a stock civic since I put 5-6 car lengths on it from a stop. Later when I talked to the owner, he said it wasn't tuned right....obviously....

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    hondas/acuras are the hardest cars to guess what they have in them since 70%-80% of the people that own them put an i/h/e on them and call it a day. But you have to watch out for the other ones that know what they're doing.

I ran a newer civic that was turboed and the guy did the kit himself. It was a slug, I actually think it ran worse than a stock civic since I put 5-6 car lengths on it from a stop. Later when I talked to the owner, he said it wasn't tuned right....obviously....
    yea, i just wasnt expecting it at all, it took me by suprise. Yea most people do the i/h/e combo around here, thats if they know what their doing, most of the time your lucky if it has a muffler and not just a cut exhaust. Teh kids around here are usually all about the altezzas and body kits, usual ricer stuff, few and far tuners in between.
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

Quote Originally Posted by Cuztom15
    yea, i just wasnt expecting it at all, it took me by suprise. Yea most people do the i/h/e combo around here, thats if they know what their doing, most of the time your lucky if it has a muffler and not just a cut exhaust. Teh kids around here are usually all about the altezzas and body kits, usual ricer stuff, few and far tuners in between.
    there's a couple trashy honda/acuras in the group of guys I hang out but they're working on them. They're all working on building up engines and stuff like that. The only one I really laugh at it the acura with the roof scoop. Makes me chuckle every time I see it.

But a couple of the guys are talking about putting b18's and the 1.6 si dohc motors in their cars with a lot of work done to them. Even one guy with a decent looking prelude looking to go turbo....

Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV

sooooo true....

<------------------ Owned a few months back by a stock-looking t3/t4-boosted red civic coupe with 388whp from a roll...

<------------------ Now will not race a civic/integra from a roll... esecially when they instigate things....
    Last edited by jigga; 07-11-2005 at 02:16 PM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    There are a few very quick turbo Integra/ RSX's around my area. My buddy has the most immaculate turbo '97...

The funny thing is he has worse traction than I do!

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

I was at US41 two weekends ago and there was a MEAN integra cutting low 11's all day. It was hotter than hell out to boot.

Whoa! I made it in your sig! I remember saying that!

Nice death btw
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Yeah some of the quickest cars around here are Honda/Acuras - other than all those stangs and maros.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

I can vouch for this thread. I used to hunt wrx's with my boosted integra. Never had a problem from a roll but from a stop it was a little closer. That was my last year setup too. Now this years setup I haven't even driven much but I am looking for a zo6 or stock viper to test against from a 30 roll. I would lose against the viper probably but the zo6 might just have some competition, who knows. But now I got the WRX and enjoy driving that so much I haven't even bothered with the integra much.

Quote Originally Posted by makalu
    I can vouch for this thread. I used to hunt wrx's with my boosted integra. Never had a problem from a roll but from a stop it was a little closer. That was my last year setup too. Now this years setup I haven't even driven much but I am looking for a zo6 or stock viper to test against from a 30 roll. I would lose against the viper probably but the zo6 might just have some competition, who knows. But now I got the WRX and enjoy driving that so much I haven't even bothered with the integra much.
    you dont even have to be boosted.

I used to hunt wrx's in my on the highway with my GSR. I was not boosting, but had just about every n/a bolt on mod imaginable. I was trapping about about 100mph and had no problem with stock wrx's, or lightly modded ones (tbe).
    I was humbled a few times by stageIV subbies though. Even though my wrx is trapping about the same my integra did, my integra still felt stronger up top... but my wrx is much better in all other areas.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.