mazdaspeed kill tonight

This is a discussion on mazdaspeed kill tonight within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tonight while just driving down one of the main streets here in Knoxville, a guy and his girlfriend in an ...

mazdaspeed kill tonight

Tonight while just driving down one of the main streets here in Knoxville, a guy and his girlfriend in an orange mazdaspeed protege came up on me in the next lane. for a few blocks, he didnt pull up far enough for me to even see his bumper next to me but i could see him in the side mirror....so i dropped it into 2nd and took off...just for about 100yds to see what he did. well he pulls up hard past me after i already shut it down..heard an intake (with injen stickers on the side) and a bov, but it still had the stock exhaust. i wasnt really worried since stock they are only about 170hp. he was a little ahead of me and the light turned yellow..he slammed on the brakes to stop since we were at the light with noone in front of us. light gets ready to turn and i hear his engine rev up. i take off from the light and before i even hit mid 2nd, he was about 4 or 5 cars back. he tried a couple of rolling ones up the road but still had the same outcome. my car is pretty stock with the exception of a minor change one of our techs made and my first gear..as most stock WRX's..well, sucks to be honest. 2nd and 3rd is where mine pulls the most.

anyone..long story short...race and won tonight against the mazdaspeed protege.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

cool...post this on the mazda mesasge boards:

www.msprotege.com

yea the mazdaspeeds are pretty bad...i was lookin at them when they 1st came out but after i testdrove 1 i just walked away
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

on the mazda forums they think they are so great due to limited productions

post your kill over there in the regional sections.

Nice kill.

Nice Kill, their not terribly fast, but it still sounds like a ton of fun...

I drove a friends MSP and I thought it was pretty nice for the price he paid. It wasnt a straight line car but, it had enough torque to be fun to drive, and that thing handled awesome. It felt like it would be a really good auto-x car to me. I love my WRX, and wouldnt trade it for one of those in a million years, but as a 2nd car, something for a daily driver once I decide to rebuild my WRX, the MSP would deffinatly be on my list.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

those cars easily kick cars that are three times as expensive at auto-x, stock. one thing the protege is built for right from the factory.

Sounds like fun! I drive an orange Mazdaspeed and never seem to find anyone to play with when I'm driving around.

Defintely not a straight line car... They're a Love / Hate relationship car. You love the way they handle and drive, but you hate the weaksauce pistons and rods that really hold the motor back from making power.

There are some guys making 300+ whp, but they've usually built the motor, picked up stand alone engine management and tossed on a big turbo. That expense isn't worth it to me.

Even so, it's a rewarding car to drive if you are into handling / autocross, but not so much if you're into quarter mile and stoplight drags.

I'm modded to *roughly* 185 to 190 crank hp and I'm shooting for about 200hp. That's about where I think the best compromise between cheaply modded hp to reliability is.

Oh, and nice kill

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Sounds like fun! I drive an orange Mazdaspeed and never seem to find anyone to play with when I'm driving around.

Defintely not a straight line car... They're a Love / Hate relationship car. You love the way they handle and drive, but you hate the weaksauce pistons and rods that really hold the motor back from making power.

There are some guys making 300+ whp, but they've usually built the motor, picked up stand alone engine management and tossed on a big turbo. That expense isn't worth it to me.

Even so, it's a rewarding car to drive if you are into handling / autocross, but not so much if you're into quarter mile and stoplight drags.

I'm modded to *roughly* 185 to 190 crank hp and I'm shooting for about 200hp. That's about where I think the best compromise between cheaply modded hp to reliability is.

Oh, and nice kill
    nice attitude, i wish more car enthusiests were like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline927
    nice attitude, i wish more car enthusiests were like you.
    Thanks!

I came within a hair of buying a WRX wagon, hence my account here. Wound up with the MSP on accident. Was testing WRX's and the lot across the street had MSP's. I fell for the handling, though I regret not having the WRX's moddability.