Sold the STI, got a S60 R - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Sold the STI, got a S60 R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by koji I'm glad to get a review from a fellow WRX'er. I was actually thinking about one ...

Quote Originally Posted by koji
    I'm glad to get a review from a fellow WRX'er. I was actually thinking about one of these for my next car. I think you just solidified my pick. I love the look of them plus the AWD and suspension setup. Lord knows I'd probably want to turn up the boost after a while though. Can you tune these cars ala the audi S4 2.7 TT?

a guy at swededemon.com tuned his V70R to 400bhp..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    I hear they are moddable (is that a word?) but I have not been able to find anything yet other than some air filters. I know I read somewhere that there is a chip for the car but I have no idea who makes it.
    TME/MTE make the chip for it, 335bhp 338lb-ft..I think the US retailer is iPD not sure

check out www.tme.com

Quote Originally Posted by ynotajb
    im a friend of this persons, and i rock a volvo, i honestly love these cars, if you guys are interested check out www.turbobricks.com its a form just like this but for volvos, or www.clubvolvo.com, and theres one more that deals with newer volvos but i cant rember it, there the best most reliable cars ever, trust me i beat the **** out of my car, and it still beats the **** out of wrx's day in and day out. and after my new motor is done i will **** up anybody on the street. can u say sleeper with 800+ hp, yea now what,

volvo for life

justin
    wow, youre a loser.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Great purchase man!

I really like the Volvo S60R. They offer a great blend of performance, luxury, comfort, etc... Very similar to a BMW 540i
    As for stats, they run 13.9-14.0 @ 101/102mph.

get some pics up!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I love the S60R. My dad has a black 04, but unfortunately he got the auto . Apparently the 6-speed is a good deal quicker (having the auto drops the torque nearly 40 ft-lbs ). Still pretty fast though. Awesome combination of luxury and refinement, power, and handling. Is the ride on the STi seriously harsher than the R on 'Advanced'? I've actually never ridden in an STi, so I couldn't say from personal experience, but if it is, that'd get annoying really fast. It's a ton of fun for 'spirited driving', but with the crappy roads down here, I find that my CDs are always skipping from potholes and joints in the road when it's on Advanced. Just yesterday I hit a small hole/seam in the road, and it sounded god-awful (horrendously loud bang that shook the entire car).

I haven't seen much about modifications. I know that there are a few companies over in Europe that have put out chips for them, but I'm not sure if those have made it to the US yet. I remember seeing an R a while ago, in the U.S., that put down 300 WHP with intake, exhaust, and a chip. Not too bad.

damn guys, thanks for all the mod sites....looks like there's some work to do :-)
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

Ever since my wife and I attended a Volvo 'driving event' and had a chance to flog an S60R around a small autocross course, it's been one of our top candidates for our next car.

I like the power, AWD, looks, and rarity of the car. I seem to prefer cars that are somewhat 'unknown' to the great unwashed out there (hence the WRX), and this one qualifies. I'm excited to hear they might be discounting.

Only downside I have found so far (other than the strange looking shifter) is that it is primarily a FWD car, with the rear wheels only coming online when needed. Other than that, it's just about perfect for our purposes.

Great job on the 30k deal on an almost-new R!
    Dino
    - '03 WRX sedan - SOLD (Jan 07)
    - '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Stock)
    - '05 Volvo S60R - stock (Stock)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.