Sold the STI, got a S60 R - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sold the STI, got a S60 R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Silver04Sti Yea, I wonder how my dad keeps any money in the bank as much as he ...

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    Yea, I wonder how my dad keeps any money in the bank as much as he swaps (unless he's got a real good hook up in NC that gives him great pricing), you figure the 1st year depreciation alone is ugly to eat unless he just gets some sort of special treatment because he's been buying from these guys for the past 25 yrs. He doesn't even make it to 15k on most of them. At one point a year ago he had two SL500's and a maserati cambiocorsa. Got rid of the maserati and eventually the one SL that didn't have the a/c seats. Ended up getting rid of that for a Carrera 4, then got an S4 convertible, then an A8, then a S8....oh yea, and he got a MDX just for the dog to go around in. What can I say, he likes his cars. I'm sure the dealer loves him.......I wish he would get a 65 AMG, the maserati was great to drive but that would be HOT!
    Damn your dad is nuts, but hey he has some nice nice rides. I would die for a maserati, thats what I want once I get out of school and a real job, hahaha.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have raced S60R last year from 40-100mph. We were dead even although I had slightly pulled about 1/8 car lengths on him. I am not sure if it was 6sp or automatic.

It's got one of the most sophisticated suspension system plus a refined interior. If it is about 300-400 lbs lighter, it would probably be the most popular sports sedan beside S4 and M3.

I usually check out swedespeed.com for information.

Some pics I found. Freakin love that car. NICE PURCHASE!!
    Last edited by bernardo; 12-06-2005 at 10:48 AM.
    vf22 Wagon whp305/310wtq

Evo IX: 475whp

Both DYNOFLASH

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car,good luck with getting the wife the Legacy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I'm glad to get a review from a fellow WRX'er. I was actually thinking about one of these for my next car. I think you just solidified my pick. I love the look of them plus the AWD and suspension setup. Lord knows I'd probably want to turn up the boost after a while though. Can you tune these cars ala the audi S4 2.7 TT?

I Support ClubWRX
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i thought the car was nice and plush...lots of features,etc....i did think the shifter was absolute garbage though...like a stick in mud.
    '04 PSM STi - modded (sr50+the works)
    '05 JGM RSX Type-S - stock

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Damn your dad is nuts, but hey he has some nice nice rides. I would die for a maserati, thats what I want once I get out of school and a real job, hahaha.
    Uncle Lewie
    yea, I really liked his maserati, was very fast and had the F1 paddles on the steering wheel to shift gears....no clutch.....and reverse was this little tiny knob (where your usual gear shifter would be) that you select to go backwards.......was a sweet car....
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

the V70 is the wagon version, same engine but heavier. Maybe I can talk my wife into that instead

Quote Originally Posted by koji
    I'm glad to get a review from a fellow WRX'er. I was actually thinking about one of these for my next car. I think you just solidified my pick. I love the look of them plus the AWD and suspension setup. Lord knows I'd probably want to turn up the boost after a while though. Can you tune these cars ala the audi S4 2.7 TT?
    I hear they are moddable (is that a word?) but I have not been able to find anything yet other than some air filters. I know I read somewhere that there is a chip for the car but I have no idea who makes it.

what mine looks like

here is exactly what my car looks like.....I took some pics but can't host so I found this site that has one exactly like my car......if anyone can host I can show you mine...

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000813037691/

That's a killer deal on the Volvo. I think if I'd seen that I might have chosen one over my Legacy GT. With a $10k+ price difference the LGT was an easy choice but when it narrows to ~ 2k, it gets interesting.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver04Sti
    I hear they are moddable (is that a word?) but I have not been able to find anything yet other than some air filters. I know I read somewhere that there is a chip for the car but I have no idea who makes it.

After seeing this thread I went spelunking for mod info for these cars. The chip is retailed by www.ipdUSA.com for the same price as a UTEC.

Here's an article on the chip from Swedespeed:
    http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publi...ticle_153.html

Here's one on a body kit + tires. The kit is hawt IMHO:
    http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publi...ticle_242.html

And finally - an exhaust (also from ipdUSA):
    http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publi...ticle_297.html

congrats on the purchase. They are most definiitely nice cars.. A friend and I went to beat on one at the volvo dealership earlier this year, and were most impressed with the brakes on the thing. Those Brembo's are just phenomenal. The handling felt a little sloppier than my then-coilovered wrx, it was also slower on the highway, but 300+whp will do that.. But it did have much more low end grunt too, making the tradeoff very satisfying. I also loved the damping settings that can be adjusted on the dash. VERY nice. Also nice was the interior and the stereo. All in all though, a volvo that I would LOVE to own. They say grown up from the outside, but on the inside, WOW!

congrats again on the car, and hope you enjoy it
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

yeaaa

im a friend of this persons, and i rock a volvo, i honestly love these cars, if you guys are interested check out www.turbobricks.com its a form just like this but for volvos, or www.clubvolvo.com, and theres one more that deals with newer volvos but i cant rember it, there the best most reliable cars ever, trust me i beat the **** out of my car, and it still beats the **** out of wrx's day in and day out. and after my new motor is done i will **** up anybody on the street. can u say sleeper with 800+ hp, yea now what,

volvo for life

justin
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.