god damn i hate muscle fan boys
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on god damn i hate muscle fan boys within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so it starts off me and my friend in his evo meet up with one of his friends. and his ...

god damn i hate muscle fan boys

so it starts off me and my friend in his evo meet up with one of his friends. and his friend friends come over (confusing). there a bunch of z28 and 2 mustangs ect.. well i start talking to the guy in a supercharged mustang. he starts saying how his mustang has a impressive kill list and mostly "weak imports". then he starts explaining how he can predict he can "beat the ****" out of my friend evo. i tell him well you shouldnt assume that. and he just gets real cocky telling me how any muscle can beat imports in any situation no matter how well tuned they are.(end of story)

i never really disliked any group of car owners. now i see some v8 owners are cocky jerks

my friends has a evo 8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what did your friend did to his evo8?

Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNub
    so it starts off me and my friend in his evo meet up with one of his friends. and his friend friends come over (confusing). there a bunch of z28 and 2 mustangs ect.. well i start talking to the guy in a supercharged mustang. he starts saying how his mustang has a impressive kill list and mostly "weak imports". then he starts explaining how he can predict he can "beat the ****" out of my friend evo. i tell him well you shouldnt assume that. and he just gets real cocky telling me how any muscle can beat imports in any situation no matter how well tuned they are.(end of story)

i never really disliked any group of car owners. now i see some v8 owners are cocky jerks

my friends has a evo 8

Every camp has people like this, hell I think that the import ones are worse than the domestic guys.

I'd concur with the above statement. Import owners sometimes are hugely arrogant, almost all domestic drivers I've met have been wicked cool. It's usually the import crowd, especially VW/BMW/350Z owners who think that they're all high and mighty.

That depends alot on what part of the country your from, or at times just what part of town your in. The majority of the cocky a$$holes around where I live tend to be musclecar heads too. I noticed the same thing when I was in NC, lots of mustangs and camaros that think anything with less cylenders then them will get rocked no matter what.
    But every kind of car-following will have its cocky jerks, I just like to be the one that prooves them wrong after they talk tons of crap.

BTW, that guy may have had at least some reason to be cocky if he was running a blown stang. Evo or not, theres not a whole lot of cars your going to run into on a daily basis that will take a S/C mustang, especially if it was one of the S/C Cobras. It doesnt really give him a right to be a jerk.... but had your friend raced him he probably was right and you would have gotten smoked pretty bad (I'm assuming your friends stock or close to it since u didnt say otherwise), and even the 03 cobra that came S/C stock would walk a stock evo pretty bad, they run like low low 13's high 12's in the 110mph+ area. Traction (slicks) will put them deep into the 12's no problem stock.
    Last edited by 04wrx4keeps; 07-01-2005 at 09:23 PM.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

my friend has exhaust, EM , turbo (not the stock one), as far as i can tell, more but i dont hang out with him alot

Probably would have been a good race then, why didnt they run and shut the guy up?
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

my friend was inside the house, and the guy was just talking to me outside with a few friends
    talking about all the cars out there

seems like most mussle car guys are just trying to compensate for what they dont have.
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

At least we don't have to come to a complete stop in order to change directions.

Quote Originally Posted by a$$es of fire
    seems like most mussle car guys are just trying to compensate for what they dont have.

15 second cars?

some are cocky ... some are not... race him from 0-40mph. haha... i m sure a stock evo/wrx/sti have a much better chance at those situation provided he gets a proper launch.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

i notice its camaro/mustang guys. sometime i just classify it as corporate power guys but alot of old mopar guys are cool as hell. i was cruising im my 69 when all i had was maybe a 200hp 2bll 400ci and a guy in a modded very loud 6spd ls1 camaro looks over at me (im in the turn lane) and says "your easy pal" . my ex looked at me as i looked at her and just went on saying, with atleast 170hpmore,4 more trans gears, and overall better rear ratio he better have.

The old saying about displacement *IS* true. More, bigger cylanders making more bigger bangs makes more bigger HP and speed. It's just the truth. That is, all things being equal. Drivers make a difference.

The secret is that for the "Muscle Car Mafia" it is EASY to add additional HP. Not necessarily cheap, but easy. I have not ever modded a car, (besides a K+N), but in my living room are a new CAI, UD Pulleys, and an axelback exhaust for the new Vert, (well, and a Pred tuner). I ordered this stuff after just reading a little. It was understandable HOW to install these parts. It isn't always cheap, but I can do it in my driveway with a cheap tool kit.

I have been doing some research into enhancing the performance of my WRX, and a LOT of what I read is hard to understand. Now, before anyone takes this as "Musclehead are dumb", it has more to do with how the power is developed. I understand how an engine works, and that is about all I need to know to understand the theory of speed for my Stang... but it isn't JUST the motor that makes my WRX quick, it is the turbo...now there is something that I don't know about. And add to that, most of the work that it apears I need to do under the hood in the WRX is going to have to be done by someone else.

Whoa... too long a post and not quite on topic...

There are idiots driving EVERY kind of car... There are idiots driving YOUR kind of car... a smart purchase does not a smart person make...

350Z owners HAVE to be the cockiest and worst group among the imports...even worse than honda owners. I mean, come on for goodness sake's, you have a 14 sec. car stock! It's not a Lambo!

I was sitting at a light next to a C5 and the owner and I were just talking when a Z came up behind the vette and immediately began reving his car and acting like a total a$$. The light turned green and we both pulled away slowly and I gave a little gap between me and the vette, just enough for this a-hole in the Z to come screaming around me and try to egg on the vette owner. The vette owner didnt feel like wasting his gas but I am sure the owner went home and posted to the 350z forums how he pounded a vette into the ground.

Just one visit to the 350z kill forums and you will come away laughing...they cannot lose!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast