god damn i hate muscle fan boys - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on god damn i hate muscle fan boys within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It definately goes both ways. There's a lot dumb axx Domestic Guys but just as many Import geeks. I pulled ...

It definately goes both ways. There's a lot dumb axx Domestic Guys but just as many Import geeks.

I pulled up next to a couple young guys (20 ish) in a Lexus GS 400 at a red light. They had their window rolled down and I could hear them laughing and making statements about how they could easily smoke my POS. I gave them a little rev (which is pretty darn loud and mean sounding with my headers). I also took a $ 50.00 dollar bill out of my wallet and said, "lets do it right now for 50.00 bucks."
    The passenger mouth opened all the way up and looked over at the driver. The driver gave a fake laugh and said, 'I could easily beat that thing." I replied by saying,' OK then lets go.'

The driver just kept laughing (fake) and saying crap to his buddy.

He tried to jump the light by leaving right before it turned green. He did get a slight jump on me but I quickly reeled him in and went blasting by him in 2nd gear. I gave them a nice smile and wave as I went by.

On the other side of the coin, I had a similar experience in my Stage 4 WRX. Two guys in an LS1 z28 told me my WRX was slow. They said guys buy all these parts trying to make them fast but they are still slow. I ended up kicking his but in a nice race from a dead stop to about 110mph. After the race they would stop looking over at me ( in shock)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    How do you guys launch in the rain?
    I'm pretty conservative with my launches in any condition. Usually, I just engage the clutch normally and then hit the gas so I never get wheelspin.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    I'm pretty conservative with my launches in any condition. Usually, I just engage the clutch normally and then hit the gas so I never get wheelspin.
    Normally, as in you're coming from a stoplight, or you're at the strip?
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Normally, as in you're coming from a stoplight, or you're at the strip?

Yeah, under normal conditions (I haven't been to a track yet). I came from a chipped 1.8T which had to be feathered in 1st gear or there would be incessant wheelspin. So being new to AWD, I haven't felt the desire to launch as I am still happy with just being able to punch it in first w/o wheelspin/hop. The desire will come soon, however. In the rain, I would guess that 3,500 RPM would make a decent launch. Someone who has more experience should confirm this though.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Wouldn't launching at 3500 in the rain bring a lot of wheelspin? I thought you would launch like incredibly softly to keep the traction.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Wouldn't launching at 3500 in the rain bring a lot of wheelspin? I thought you would launch like incredibly softly to keep the traction.
    Doubtful but it wouldn't realy be worth trying.. A 3500rpm launch will bog down the 2L to the point that it might be better just to roll her then mash the gas..

Either way the outcome will be the same. An AWD car will out perform a FWD or RWD car in bad weather. Believe me I know.. I had a 422rhp IROC that I got caught a few times at work and it snowed. This one time a Dodge Shadow (turbo) pulled up next to my IROCand just blew my doors off. Hehe I just laughed.

150fwhp > 422rwhp in snow..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

All fanboi's suck
    - Local Riceist

what is a "muscle fan boy"???
    Ryan
    2003 REDFIRE COBRA

pullied, sprayed, ported

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.