god damn i hate muscle fan boys - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on god damn i hate muscle fan boys within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Man, these type of threads are annoying. So one kid was real cocky about his car, now everyone with a ...

Man, these type of threads are annoying. So one kid was real cocky about his car, now everyone with a V8 is a "muscle fan boy".
    New Numbers
    466 rwhp
    473 rwtq
    XX Tuning tuned
    Southpaw = Ricer with a vette & 2 Gay 2 Curios (well not yet anyway!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lets think about this for a bit...

Supercharged V8

vs.

Turbocharged Inline 4

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    The old saying about displacement *IS* true. More, bigger cylanders making more bigger bangs makes more bigger HP and speed. It's just the truth. That is, all things being equal. Drivers make a difference.

The secret is that for the "Muscle Car Mafia" it is EASY to add additional HP. Not necessarily cheap, but easy. I have not ever modded a car, (besides a K+N), but in my living room are a new CAI, UD Pulleys, and an axelback exhaust for the new Vert, (well, and a Pred tuner). I ordered this stuff after just reading a little. It was understandable HOW to install these parts. It isn't always cheap, but I can do it in my driveway with a cheap tool kit.

I have been doing some research into enhancing the performance of my WRX, and a LOT of what I read is hard to understand. Now, before anyone takes this as "Musclehead are dumb", it has more to do with how the power is developed. I understand how an engine works, and that is about all I need to know to understand the theory of speed for my Stang... but it isn't JUST the motor that makes my WRX quick, it is the turbo...now there is something that I don't know about. And add to that, most of the work that it apears I need to do under the hood in the WRX is going to have to be done by someone else.

Whoa... too long a post and not quite on topic...

There are idiots driving EVERY kind of car... There are idiots driving YOUR kind of car... a smart purchase does not a smart person make...
    Believe me, the WRX platform is just as easy to work on as the gt. Yes, You will have to learn more about em because of f.i./turbo (GT is not and the preditor is like COBB-plug and play ) but other than that , the flat 4 is not that complicated and/or expensive. The problem with working on any car is FINDING THE TIME TO DO IT! For me atleast. So i just pay the Pros do it.

im realy looking into the new shelby when it comes out. Depending on the price, i may sell afew things and get one. I still need a 4 seater for those very few times ill need to haul others so the zo6 is not an opption for me , YET.
    Last edited by rpfride; 07-08-2005 at 08:01 AM.

Here's how to shut the muscle boys up for good:

Coordinate a "best out of three" race.

First race: dry conditions
    Second: rain
    Third: snow

In NE, this can all be done in 1 day during some winters. Oh, I forgot, the mustangs are stored away for the winter. Scratch this contest then.

I have yet to experience any muscle car guy being "cocky" at a light next to me when it's raining out! I can almost hear their balls shrivel up under such circumstances.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    I can almost hear their balls shrivel up under such circumstances.

According to that logic, a soccer mom SUV is a superior drag racer then a Ferrari Enzo, since it'll win in the rain and snow.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Well, I never said anything about being "a superior drag racer." It was just an offer one could make to those who think their cars are superior to quiet down their bragging.

But to answer your question, Yes, a soccer mom SUV would beat a Ferrari Enzo in the rain or snow.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

There was a guy in a white super charged cobra who drove around the mall 20 times or so over the course of a few hours. When me and my friends were leaving the restaraunt we chilled outside for a few minutes. About that time the guy comes driving by again and when he sees us, he guns it and drops the clutch. Next thing you hear is, clunk clunk clunk clunk. He blew his transmission up.

We all went over to where he drifted to a stop at and the first thing he said is, "The problem with cars like these, is that they have too much power"

That made us all laugh, especially the sti guy that was with us...

isnt the last time i checked, Mitchubishi (sp?) had a huge part in making the LT1 and LS1 V8?..stupid stupid, thats nice....ok so lets say a WS6 Trans Am, weighing approx 5,200 lbs with ehh, 330rwhp...ok, so that a nice high 13 pass, and this mustangs...dont even get me started on them. now i know my numbers arnt science so dont give me a hard time. i just am a firm beliver that everyone can be beat by something, no matter where it comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by 400HPClubWRX
    isnt the last time i checked, Mitchubishi (sp?) had a huge part in making the LT1 and LS1 V8?..stupid stupid, thats nice....ok so lets say a WS6 Trans Am, weighing approx 5,200 lbs with ehh, 330rwhp...ok, so that a nice high 13 pass, and this mustangs...dont even get me started on them. now i know my numbers arnt science so dont give me a hard time. i just am a firm beliver that everyone can be beat by something, no matter where it comes from.
    Almost a ton off on the wx6

and yeah, no matter how fast you are there's something that's always faster.

sorry

fre
    Id race that supercharged mustang. He better have a kenne bell or nitrous There is a pullied cobra that runs at my track with slicks and he runs 11.7 @ 118-119mph. OH but I only have 2 liters. It's amazing what over twice the boost does for under half the displacement. It's all about how much fuel and air you can burn at one time and apparently I can burn more.
    Last edited by fre; 07-08-2005 at 09:21 PM.
    11.1 @ 131

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    Here's how to shut the muscle boys up for good:

Coordinate a "best out of three" race.

First race: dry conditions
    Second: rain
    Third: snow

In NE, this can all be done in 1 day during some winters. Oh, I forgot, the mustangs are stored away for the winter. Scratch this contest then.

I have yet to experience any muscle car guy being "cocky" at a light next to me when it's raining out! I can almost hear their balls shrivel up under such circumstances.
    How do you guys launch in the rain?
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

my wrx and evo both spun while it was dry out, I hate rain.

One 5 MPH accident in Alaska with my WRX, (a 5mph collision with a stopped Suburban's trailer hitch does... $2600 worth of damag), and several instances of sliding into snowbanks, etc. Ice is Ice. I don't care how many wheels you have driving, if you reduce the friction coeficient, you WILL SLIDE. Studded snow tires help, (I was too cheep at the time to get them), but then they help all vehicles in those conditions. I had a buddy who drove an '01 Mustang Bullit all winter on studs...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast