Turbo Porsche Vs Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Turbo Porsche Vs Me within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was just cruising around coming home. When I saw this sweet porsche 911 (i think) pull out from ...

Turbo Porsche Vs Me

So I was just cruising around coming home. When I saw this sweet porsche 911 (i think) pull out from one of the side streets. It really caught my eye cuz it was a really sweet car. So we ended up going the same way. I was kinda behind him at one point (when pic was taken) and could hear what sounded like engine work, car was thumping hard. Not sure if thats normal turbo porsche sound or not... Figuring its not. He had something TURBO on this plates and you could see clear as day the turbo badge on the back trunk. So I ended up passing him with a slow car in front of him and got in the left lane instead of right. So we came up on this one light and i turned on my left turn arrow and he proceeded to follow behind me. Once the light changed we made our turn and the light a lil ways up had just turned red, so I get up to the light in the right lane and he was in the lane behind me but got in the left lane next to me at the light. So he rolled down his window all the way cuz it was only half the way down and asked " are you ready for some education??" Im like "sure, lets see what you got". He's like "you might need a headstart.. " I said "nope I dont". I complimented him on his car, and he complained about the payments lol. So light changed I launched at like 5-6k awesome launch, and put a car him. I proceeded to have a car or so on him thro the whole race. Until there was a car coming up in my lane and not his when I chose to let off early. So from 0-80 I had a car on him, He was just starting to pull with me when I let off. If we kept going or were on a track it woulda been close. We hit the next light and he was like closer than I thought. Im like "yeah, pretty good run". He asked how much I put in mine, and said he's gonna have to do more work to his now hehe. If anyone knows the particulars of this car let me know. I snapped this pic bout 5 minutes before the race cuz I was admiring the car. Which turned out weird that we played. We'll thanx for listening hehe

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turbo porche i raced.jpg  
    Last edited by beecha91; 07-01-2005 at 02:45 PM.
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

niiiiice don

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill

It looks like a mid-90's model, which puts down about 300-310 whp (on a dyno where a stock STi does 225whp). http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...nose_stock.htm
    Yours probably has similar power, with less weight.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Very Nice run, those cars are soooo sweet, and its always fun to be the sleeper in a race and really surprise someone. I especially liked how he thought he was going to 'educate' you and then ended up behind...lol. sounds like he was cool about it though, and i guess 90% of the cars on the road he probably would have.

From the taillights it looks like maybe a 993 (pre 95), or possibly even one of the late 80's models. Either way they came from the factory with about 300hp at the crank (varries a little depending on year) and were reletively light at around 3000lbs (again depends on year, older ones are a little under 3klbs, newer ones a little over 3K).

From what I've read about them they usually run in the low 13's to high 12's @around 100-110 depending on year. I havent seen too many of the older ones at the track, so most of this info is out of a few books i've read on porsches, so might not be 100%, but still close.
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

It didnt sound stock either. He had stock muff's but the engine noise when he was behind me was louder than my car with full catless tb. Really sounded like it was camming hard. Not for sure tho, since I know nothing about turbo porsches and how they sound stock. Anyway.. it was a fun run
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

One day I will be able to add a porsche turbo to my kill list Nice wrx you have there for a red one
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    One day I will be able to add a porsche turbo to my kill list Nice wrx you have there for a red one
    OT.... Will, why did you sell your STi?

At first i thought it was going to be with a new one. Then i saw your sig and thought the GN dusted him. i need to read more before i think. good kill.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    OT.... Will, why did you sell your STi?
    Had problems with it. Also got a great deal on my Evo.
    Last edited by TurboWill; 12-10-2005 at 08:59 AM.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You were bragging all day about that race weren't you ,and rightly so.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

When I first clicked I was thinking hmmm lets see how bad the scoob gets owned. Very nice kill Ahhh I can't wait for a turbo upgrade. I see a deadbolt 18g in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Had problems with it. Also got a great deal on my Evo.
    you should've sold it to me

that car was great

what problems did you have with it?

here we go again
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    you should've sold it to me

that car was great

what problems did you have with it?
    The Ecu was messed up. Sometimes the check engine light would come on, sometimes it wouldn't. Subaru couldn't figure out what was wrong with it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast