'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, it finally happened. I got to race a brand new stock srt-4, about 8 times. This guy in town, ...

'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4

Well, it finally happened. I got to race a brand new stock srt-4, about 8 times. This guy in town, that bought a brand new SRT-4 has been trying to race everyone, (small town, everyone knows everyone) and well it was my turn last night. I was pretty nervous since there was like a grip load of people watching the races, I kinda tend to F up the launches.
    STi: Intake hack, HKS Catback (downpipe in, but base post office closed till tue )
    SRT-4: Temp Tags
    1st-2nd race: 40mph Roll
    I start off in 3rd 2 times, (for some reason I find third to be more of a suitable gear at 40 then 2nd gear, just me?) We hit the telephone polls that we are suppost to get on it basically at the same time, and he gets a slight lead, about a fender. Boost kicks in and I gain about 1 car. With semi good shifting, I hold the one car all the way through the 1/4 mile.
    3nd-4th race: 40 mph Roll again. he has a passenger, I have a passenger
    His passenger weighs about a 160 soak and wet, mine wieghs about 270 dry
    First race I start off in third agian, DEAD even all the way past the 1/4 mile. I was in 5th. My passenger said to try 2nd, and I should be in boost while hitting the throttle, and should stay in boost all the way through the gears, and edge him out. I say ok, and well, when we past the telephone poles, he was already starting about 1 car ahead for some reason, and well I only had about 1-2k rpm's to play with, hensing I had to shift about 1 sec after we hit it, and I ended up not cathing up but loosing by about 1.5-2 cars.
    5th-6th race: Dig, no passengers
    Well, we have a flagger, 1st and 2nd race from a dig, I bog so bad that I think the car is gonna stall . I could have literally stopped, then launched agian, and would have had a better take off then what I had. But even with the huge ass bogs, I was in front and kept about a 1.5 car on the SRT-4 the whole way down the road, and through the 1/4.
    7th-8th: Dig, Same Passengers back in
    I get a nasty ass launch the first race, and put on about 3-4 cars on the guy by about 2-3rd gear. by the end of the race, I was up about 4-5 cars up. We thought he had given up, or if he had a crappy launch. But he said he had a pretty decent launch, and how my car just shot out the hole like a bat outta hell. My passenger just kept saying, OMG OMG OMG Theres your 5 car lead DUDE, That was sic as hell......
    2nd race, I get a decent launch, but not as good as the one before, and keep about a 2 car lead all the way through. By then his clutch was slipping hella bad, pretty heated I guess (Reminds me of evo's clutches ) so he didnt want to race anymore.
    All and all, that damn little SRT-4, had some balls. I was pretty iffy about racing one, lots of props to dodge and there little low priced fast neon. Now I just gotta get that darn RSR custom fab'd downpipe in so I can be totally catless tbe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you tried brake boostin
    " I'm a bad man"

Go with Cobbs accesport now that you will have a TBE!! 385 tq!!

Yea, get a tune after you finish the exhaust mods. Huge power gain with a tune.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

im sorry wouldnt the sti beat the srt-4? maybe imnot reading it right. but is the srt-4 stage 0? or a different one??

I did beat the SRT-4. like 6-7 out of 8 times.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    n0 waaaayy!!111!! sRt4 is teH fastAr !!11!!!elev3n!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.

That's good, but shouldnt a lightly modded sti put more than 1.5 cars on a stock srt4 in the 1/4, or are you still new to driving the sti?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

all this guy has is a cat-back and an intake mod, but im sure hes still learning his car by the way he was explaining his launching.........
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

yeah, I crush SRT-4's from whatever kind of race they want to have, unless they have mopar stage 2 equivilent.

Once you learn to drive your STI, non of these fool's will have a snowballs chance unless they have some decent work done.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2ndregime
    yeah, I crush SRT-4's from whatever kind of race they want to have, unless they have mopar stage 2 equivilent.

Once you learn to drive your STI, non of these fool's will have a snowballs chance unless they have some decent work done.
    Define decent. I was trapping 108 in the quarter with an intake, exhaust, mbc , fmic and a tune (emanage).

Anyways, good kill.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Nice Kill!!! but watch for the Stage 3 SRT-4, i ran into another one last week and he put up a very good fight! i only manage to put abt 2-3 cars on him from a 40 - 110 mph roll. (consider i m running alky kit at that time and putting down ~380whp). they are very respectable car!!
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

so you crush any srt with less than 700 in mods. what an accomplishment.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Well from a dig, i would beleive you. But you do know there are STOCK SRT's that are trapping higher then your car, right? . So from a roll I would say even a very lightly modded SRT (spring mod) would take you with a competent driver.

stock srt4s trap 103-104?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.