'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, it finally happened. I got to race a brand new stock srt-4, about 8 times. This guy in town, ...

'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4

Well, it finally happened. I got to race a brand new stock srt-4, about 8 times. This guy in town, that bought a brand new SRT-4 has been trying to race everyone, (small town, everyone knows everyone) and well it was my turn last night. I was pretty nervous since there was like a grip load of people watching the races, I kinda tend to F up the launches.
    STi: Intake hack, HKS Catback (downpipe in, but base post office closed till tue )
    SRT-4: Temp Tags
    1st-2nd race: 40mph Roll
    I start off in 3rd 2 times, (for some reason I find third to be more of a suitable gear at 40 then 2nd gear, just me?) We hit the telephone polls that we are suppost to get on it basically at the same time, and he gets a slight lead, about a fender. Boost kicks in and I gain about 1 car. With semi good shifting, I hold the one car all the way through the 1/4 mile.
    3nd-4th race: 40 mph Roll again. he has a passenger, I have a passenger
    His passenger weighs about a 160 soak and wet, mine wieghs about 270 dry
    First race I start off in third agian, DEAD even all the way past the 1/4 mile. I was in 5th. My passenger said to try 2nd, and I should be in boost while hitting the throttle, and should stay in boost all the way through the gears, and edge him out. I say ok, and well, when we past the telephone poles, he was already starting about 1 car ahead for some reason, and well I only had about 1-2k rpm's to play with, hensing I had to shift about 1 sec after we hit it, and I ended up not cathing up but loosing by about 1.5-2 cars.
    5th-6th race: Dig, no passengers
    Well, we have a flagger, 1st and 2nd race from a dig, I bog so bad that I think the car is gonna stall . I could have literally stopped, then launched agian, and would have had a better take off then what I had. But even with the huge ass bogs, I was in front and kept about a 1.5 car on the SRT-4 the whole way down the road, and through the 1/4.
    7th-8th: Dig, Same Passengers back in
    I get a nasty ass launch the first race, and put on about 3-4 cars on the guy by about 2-3rd gear. by the end of the race, I was up about 4-5 cars up. We thought he had given up, or if he had a crappy launch. But he said he had a pretty decent launch, and how my car just shot out the hole like a bat outta hell. My passenger just kept saying, OMG OMG OMG Theres your 5 car lead DUDE, That was sic as hell......
    2nd race, I get a decent launch, but not as good as the one before, and keep about a 2 car lead all the way through. By then his clutch was slipping hella bad, pretty heated I guess (Reminds me of evo's clutches ) so he didnt want to race anymore.
    All and all, that damn little SRT-4, had some balls. I was pretty iffy about racing one, lots of props to dodge and there little low priced fast neon. Now I just gotta get that darn RSR custom fab'd downpipe in so I can be totally catless tbe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you tried brake boostin
    " I'm a bad man"

Go with Cobbs accesport now that you will have a TBE!! 385 tq!!

Yea, get a tune after you finish the exhaust mods. Huge power gain with a tune.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

im sorry wouldnt the sti beat the srt-4? maybe imnot reading it right. but is the srt-4 stage 0? or a different one??

I did beat the SRT-4. like 6-7 out of 8 times.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    n0 waaaayy!!111!! sRt4 is teH fastAr !!11!!!elev3n!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.

That's good, but shouldnt a lightly modded sti put more than 1.5 cars on a stock srt4 in the 1/4, or are you still new to driving the sti?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

all this guy has is a cat-back and an intake mod, but im sure hes still learning his car by the way he was explaining his launching.........
    BUGEYE MAFIA~~~

05 aspen white STi

yeah, I crush SRT-4's from whatever kind of race they want to have, unless they have mopar stage 2 equivilent.

Once you learn to drive your STI, non of these fool's will have a snowballs chance unless they have some decent work done.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2ndregime
    yeah, I crush SRT-4's from whatever kind of race they want to have, unless they have mopar stage 2 equivilent.

Once you learn to drive your STI, non of these fool's will have a snowballs chance unless they have some decent work done.
    Define decent. I was trapping 108 in the quarter with an intake, exhaust, mbc , fmic and a tune (emanage).

Anyways, good kill.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Nice Kill!!! but watch for the Stage 3 SRT-4, i ran into another one last week and he put up a very good fight! i only manage to put abt 2-3 cars on him from a 40 - 110 mph roll. (consider i m running alky kit at that time and putting down ~380whp). they are very respectable car!!
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

so you crush any srt with less than 700 in mods. what an accomplishment.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Well from a dig, i would beleive you. But you do know there are STOCK SRT's that are trapping higher then your car, right? . So from a roll I would say even a very lightly modded SRT (spring mod) would take you with a competent driver.

stock srt4s trap 103-104?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast