'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 sux to be u at your track and gas stations. really have no choice when your ...

  1. #61
    Registered User AnthonyC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    sux to be u at your track and gas stations.
    really have no choice when your stationed at an airforce base.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Registered User SRT THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    Given that the srt-4 driver is good at launching that fwd car. I bogged hardcore to where the car almost died, twice, yet I kept a 1 car lead from the start. So even with a crappy launch, it takes a good srt-4 driver to out-launch a sti



    TBE in, no worries bout them srt-4's just yet. now that 1 car is 3-4 cars.
    You're right on most of the above, but if the same goes for the SRT moding wise, it will be a different story. Also, I've seen better gains from Mods on SRT-4's then I have on STI's

    I also raced my buddy with his STI when we were both bone stock from a Dig. He Boged and I spinned and kept a good car on him up to about 120ish. This happened about 3 times Either way, both Fast and Great cars
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

  4. #63
    Registered User AnthonyC.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    44
    Yeah they are both very quick cars, when you look at what 80-90% of cars others drive *cough* Hondas *cough* I just prefer to stomp on them anytime they try anything. I would speak just a tad different about them, but the guy who i raced, just bought it, and thinks he literally hot shiz now. He's probably the most cocky guy I've seen driving around here, yet he still has the slowest car... Personally I've never met an actual cool srt-4 owner, they all seem to be very very cocky. But that does't take away from the fact that there are probably some cool guys that own that neon out there.

  5. #64
    Registered User SRT THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    274

    Cool SRT-4 Owners

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    Yeah they are both very quick cars, when you look at what 80-90% of cars others drive *cough* Hondas *cough* I just prefer to stomp on them anytime they try anything. I would speak just a tad different about them, but the guy who i raced, just bought it, and thinks he literally hot shiz now. He's probably the most cocky guy I've seen driving around here, yet he still has the slowest car... Personally I've never met an actual cool srt-4 owner, they all seem to be very very cocky. But that does't take away from the fact that there are probably some cool guys that own that neon out there.
    Well Anthony, you're talkin to one of the few cool SRT-4 owners
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

  6. #65
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice bunch of races. Just as an FYI...way back in 03 I posted about some runs with my friends SRT4. Rolled against my bud's SRT4 today Good thread that includes a link to another thread on SRT forums.

    Long story short...equal drivers...STi will usually pull a car length and keep it up to the low 100s from a roll. From a dig..it is never pretty.

    Later on, we ran at the track with me at stage 2 (cobb) and him with I guess stage 2 and race gas. It was still the STi by about a half a second. Wished he had slicks on for a better race. Those cars are true straight line beasts!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  7. #66
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Nice bunch of races. Just as an FYI...way back in 03 I posted about some runs with my friends SRT4. Rolled against my bud's SRT4 today Good thread that includes a link to another thread on SRT forums.

    Long story short...equal drivers...STi will usually pull a car length and keep it up to the low 100s from a roll. From a dig..it is never pretty.

    Later on, we ran at the track with me at stage 2 (cobb) and him with I guess stage 2 and race gas. It was still the STi by about a half a second. Wished he had slicks on for a better race. Those cars are true straight line beasts!!

    where ya bin scott? havn't heard from ya in awhile. my car goes in this sunday and i should have it back the following weekend. i'm giving free rides to all those that can give me the 5 in gas i'll waste for a 1 mile trip. i can't wait. slicks are here to. its all coming together.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  8. #67
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    where ya bin scott? havn't heard from ya in awhile. my car goes in this sunday and i should have it back the following weekend. i'm giving free rides to all those that can give me the 5 in gas i'll waste for a 1 mile trip. i can't wait. slicks are here to. its all coming together.
    Been busy traveling a lot Brad. I want a ride when you've got it all put back together. Maybe even one at the track for a trip down the strip. That thing is clearly in monster territory now!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  9. #68
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Been busy traveling a lot Brad. I want a ride when you've got it all put back together. Maybe even one at the track for a trip down the strip. That thing is clearly in monster territory now!!!

    no prob. hopefully i'll have it this weekend. will you be home/free?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  10. #69
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    Should be back on Friday for the weekend. Stop by!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

  11. #70
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3
    u lost to a SRT-4.......

  12. #71
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,936
    Great point, thanks for bumping this 8 month old thread to make it.

  13. #72
    Registered User rex=my_life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,014
    Quote Originally Posted by neverDS
    u lost to a SRT-4.......
    Leave and do not come back.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

  14. #73
    Moderator YBNormal07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,245
    I Support ClubWRX
    thread resurrection = lack of brain cells
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •