'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I guess you can say part of what mowambi said is going to come true because the last news ...

Well I guess you can say part of what mowambi said is going to come true because the last news out of dodge I saw was that 2006 is gonna be the last year they make the srt-4. I forgot the reason for it or even if they gave a reason but the last statement I read was just that they were gonna stop making them.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That means by like 2008 none of them will even be on the road... im sorry cept for the 9 second daily driver..

boost lag in a wrx is gone, when you gut the up-pipe or get a non catted one. My car doesn't even know the meaning of boost lag.

WRX and SRT's are comparable from a dig stock to stock. But if you make a WRX exhaust more like a SRT exhaust. As you guys don't have pre-cats, and two after the fact. Gut the pre- and the 3rd cat. And there you can pick up all the HP you lose on making the WRX a LEV.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

before this thread gets anymore off topic then it already has , I had my downpipe custom fab'd and put in on Sat. The guy had to take off about a foot of piping . I was able to pick up a m10x1.25 stud for the downpipe to turbo nut, and everything went up just fine, cept for 1 exhaust hanger in the middle of the car, doesnt fit. Me and my buddy went to a road where we test our cars, after every mod, and OMG That thing didnt stop pulling up top. Went from a dig, and got the nastiest launch iv'e ever gotten in my life, NO wheel spin, Just took off like a freakin speed demon. After the 1-2 shift, there was this loud ass backfire which was pretty badass, might I add, its a little more Raspy, if thats the word, with lots of turbo/wastegate flutter now!!! After I shut down at about 130, in no time, My head was still dizzy from the launch, my friend, who owns a regular wrx, asked me if I was as dizzy from that launch as he was, and I said yes indeedy. Oh, and theres no way that SRT-4 is gonna stand a chance now. from a role I will have more then 1-2 cars on him, I know it. NEXT UP, Engine Management

Quote Originally Posted by mowambi
    Allen Mello dodge has them with corbeaus maybe they are put in at dealership. I know the exhaust and bov were. They had a 2nd sticker in window saying what "mods" were done pre-delivered. I am allowed to hate american cars its my right to be an america. The only thing im saying about the domestic rice, is that civcs, impreza's, the whole import scene has always had their wings, kits, exhausts, turbos, and they were always rice. Now you have domestics like that, neon, mustang, etc.... So therefor they are domestic rice.. Whats the fasts srt4 out there? subby has a 8.98 wrx.... www.easystreetmotorsports.com

Dodge has been turboing cars WAYYY before the import scene. An exahustt/turbos mods have been performed since the 20s... If you wanna talk about THE fastest SRT ... that would be the one owned by MOPAR that runs 7's. Granted its a drag car, but still FWD!, still the 2.4l using the stock crank/block with upgraded rods/pistons. Puts out over 1000whp... pretty impressive in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    Dodge has been turboing cars WAYYY before the import scene. An exahustt/turbos mods have been performed since the 20s... If you wanna talk about THE fastest SRT ... that would be the one owned by MOPAR that runs 7's. Granted its a drag car, but still FWD!, still the 2.4l using the stock crank/block with upgraded rods/pistons. Puts out over 1000whp... pretty impressive in my book.

are you sure about that stock crank/block.....they are pretty stout, but THAT stout?
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

There are civic's and celica drag cars... that put out 1600 hp drag cars are that for a raeson. I have a video of a 1600 hp civic pullin 6.4 in hawaii... Drag cars = lots of money. Lots of money makes anything fast. Im pretty sure if you wanted to you could make a really fast drag Yugo...

oh, did I forget to mention, I killed that SRT-4 agian, this time with the downpipe in. I wasn't even about the same race as before. I swear, that downpipe freed up like 15-20hp along with the catback. Its louder, and pulls hard in every gear.

Race 1: 40 Roll, me in 3rd
    Pass the Light pole and we were off. Boost was instant this time around, and I just walked him non stop.
    Race 2: 65 Roll, me in 4th
    Pass the light and I walked him agian, about 3-4 cars, when we shut down.
    Dig: 2 in my car, just him in his
    I get a nasty ass launch, that absolutely just makes my head WAAAAAY dizzy, by the 1/4 got him by like 2 buslengths it seemed like.

All in all, I'm very satisfied wih my complete TBE, next up is Engine management, a good tune, and some HIGHER BOOST!!!

Shouldnt an STI walk on a srt 4 anyways? I thought the srt4 was a wrx's game not to talk down on you. Nice kill

Quote Originally Posted by mowambi
    Shouldnt an STI walk on a srt 4 anyways? I thought the srt4 was a wrx's game not to talk down on you. Nice kill
    From a role the srt-4 is pretty fast so it's not a total give in that the sti will win and from a dig the sti should win given equal drivers but the sti does the 1/4 in like 12.9(what some have done)-13.4 and the srt-4 will do it in like 13.8-14.2 depending on the launch. No race is a give in because with bad drivers the sti could run 15's if the person can't launch and if they shift slowly and the srt can do 16's and up with a bad driver.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

STI vs. SRT-4

Yes, the STI if launched correctly, will win from a dig. When they go from a roll, its a drivers race , but the edge goes to the STI by no more then 1 car.

Greg
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    Yes, the STI if launched correctly, will win from a dig.

Greg
    Given that the srt-4 driver is good at launching that fwd car. I bogged hardcore to where the car almost died, twice, yet I kept a 1 car lead from the start. So even with a crappy launch, it takes a good srt-4 driver to out-launch a sti

Quote Originally Posted by SRT THIS
    but the edge goes to the STI by no more then 1 car.

Greg
    TBE in, no worries bout them srt-4's just yet. now that 1 car is 3-4 cars.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    Given that the srt-4 driver is good at launching that fwd car. I bogged hardcore to where the car almost died, twice, yet I kept a 1 car lead from the start. So even with a crappy launch, it takes a good srt-4 driver to out-launch a sti

TBE in, no worries bout them srt-4's just yet. now that 1 car is 3-4 cars.

be careful what you wished for though with stock turbo and bolt ons on street tires i cut a 13.1@106 and it had more in it just couldn't drive it. so not every dig race will be a killing.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    be careful what you wished for though with stock turbo and bolt ons on street tires i cut a 13.1@106 and it had more in it just couldn't drive it. so not every dig race will be a killing.
    I can tell you right now your 13.1 is going to be a 14-14.5 over here. I doubt the 90 octane and 4k elevation will help your 1/4 time. Iv'e seen a sti with the same setup as me cut 13.9 all day, with 1.7-1.8 60's. Basically whatever you run, cut .5-1 sec off that, thats what its like over here. thats just one example, Evo's pushing about 400 whp where hitting 12.7's-12.9's. So if ya wanna drive down here to nm/tx, i'd love to see what ya can do at the track
    Stage 2 srt-4s were hitting barely 13's.
    Last edited by AnthonyC.; 07-12-2005 at 11:37 AM.

sux to be u at your track and gas stations.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.