'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 73

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You know a neon will always be a neon? Domestic rice will never last. My friend said the most amazing ...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75
    You know a neon will always be a neon? Domestic rice will never last. My friend said the most amazing thing yesterday...

    Mopar wont go far, with out a tow bar...

    I thought i was going to die laughing. I mean yah they are fast but i mean you gotta take some comfort into that realization. That car drives like plastic...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,911
    only reason they need a tow bar is because they're towing most imports down the 1320.

    lighter, higher hp, ****tons more torque. . Once they they finish spinning you'll stop grinnin.

    It's not a bad car, gets more bad press becasue of the luserbase than anything.

  4. #33
    Registered User SRT THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    274

    Lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by mowambi
    You know a neon will always be a neon? Domestic rice will never last. My friend said the most amazing thing yesterday...

    Mopar wont go far, with out a tow bar...

    I thought i was going to die laughing. I mean yah they are fast but i mean you gotta take some comfort into that realization. That car drives like plastic...
    LOL, you and your friend are just a spec of many dip ****s out there You know nothing about this car obviously, and seems u just tend to go thru what other people say, more like a Band wagon rider like yourself. I could care less if you dislike the Neon SRT-4, but this car is very reliable, plastic or not

    I have an 03 Neon SRT w/75K and climbing and still on stock clutch/tranny etc. Only thing wrong with it was a broken axle at the track and covered under warranty WITH MODS and a Bad Radio. Damn these Neons Suck huh and they're perty slow for being FWD
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75
    I never said they were slow, im saying its domestic rice . I know they are fast and i honestly test driven one before i bought my 2005 wrx... The stupid dodge dealership wanted 5 grand down before a test drive. I convince them to let me drive it and the car was fast but it drove as it was a piece of floating plastic to be quite honest. The one i drove was all maxed out to, the corbeau seats, the mopar exhaust, bov, and something else. I thinks springs. Im just saying Its a good cheap drag car. But i wouldnt want it for anything more then that.

  6. #35
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,911
    I fail to see why it could be considered domestic rice? Big wing? be glad you didn't get a sti?
    Oh but the STi has a pretty interior that's nice to the touch.

  7. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by mowambi
    I never said they were slow, im saying its domestic rice . I know they are fast and i honestly test driven one before i bought my 2005 wrx... The stupid dodge dealership wanted 5 grand down before a test drive. I convince them to let me drive it and the car was fast but it drove as it was a piece of floating plastic to be quite honest. The one i drove was all maxed out to, the corbeau seats, the mopar exhaust, bov, and something else. I thinks springs. Im just saying Its a good cheap drag car. But i wouldnt want it for anything more then that.

    this is the kindof behavior id expect out of an RSX owner.

    ps. SRT's do not come with corbeus

  8. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    37
    The SRT's are pretty amazing cars - I drove one prior to getting my '04 WRX and they are very fast. I thought the handling was a little less than a stock WRX (probably due to the FWD) but a very capable car. I had a salesman who was VERY generous in what he allowed me to do with the car. I went from a dig, burned tires fully through first, chirped second, and continued to burn shortly through second before it finally grabbed asphalt. Once they grab, the party's on. I prefer the WRX because I don't have the problem of grip from a dig, and Subaru decided that it was a good idea to go ahead and power all four windows, not just the front ones. The fact that they put roll up windows in the back (I didn't know they still made those!) and power in the front just to hit a price point baffled me. Clearly, Dodge put they're money between your feet and the front bumper on the SRT. Fun car to drive, but not every day. Just my $.02.

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beauty
    The SRT's are pretty amazing cars - I drove one prior to getting my '04 WRX and they are very fast. I thought the handling was a little less than a stock WRX (probably due to the FWD) but a very capable car. I had a salesman who was VERY generous in what he allowed me to do with the car. I went from a dig, burned tires fully through first, chirped second, and continued to burn shortly through second before it finally grabbed asphalt. Once they grab, the party's on. I prefer the WRX because I don't have the problem of grip from a dig, and Subaru decided that it was a good idea to go ahead and power all four windows, not just the front ones. The fact that they put roll up windows in the back (I didn't know they still made those!) and power in the front just to hit a price point baffled me. Clearly, Dodge put they're money between your feet and the front bumper on the SRT. Fun car to drive, but not every day. Just my $.02.

    Oh yeah, the seats were very nicely bolstered, but you really don't need that if you're going in a straight line. I couldn't see spending several hours on a trip in an SRT based on my short drive in one.

  10. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75
    Allen Mello dodge has them with corbeaus maybe they are put in at dealership. I know the exhaust and bov were. They had a 2nd sticker in window saying what "mods" were done pre-delivered. I am allowed to hate american cars its my right to be an america. The only thing im saying about the domestic rice, is that civcs, impreza's, the whole import scene has always had their wings, kits, exhausts, turbos, and they were always rice. Now you have domestics like that, neon, mustang, etc.... So therefor they are domestic rice.. Whats the fasts srt4 out there? subby has a 8.98 wrx.... www.easystreetmotorsports.com

  11. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    188
    That WRX daily driven? The faster Neon I know of that is driven everyday at reduced boost is:

    1/4 Mile ET: 9.340
    1/4 Mile MPH: 142.000

    http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-Timeslip-4663.html

  12. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    37

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    That WRX daily driven? The faster Neon I know of that is driven everyday at reduced boost is:

    1/4 Mile ET: 9.340
    1/4 Mile MPH: 142.000

    http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-Timeslip-4663.html
    If you're speaking to me, try a 3.5 hour trip in an SRT 4 vs an WRX. Much different experiece. Unless you can piece 1000+ quarter miles togehter, the WRX wins.

  13. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    75
    just cause its towed everywhere doesent make it a daily driver... I mean jesus...

  14. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy
    That WRX daily driven? The faster Neon I know of that is driven everyday at reduced boost is:

    1/4 Mile ET: 9.340
    1/4 Mile MPH: 142.000

    http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-Timeslip-4663.html

    By the way, what crack are you on, cause I want some. I doubt someone pushing that type of HP is dirving to work daily, Maybe, but I doubt it......

  15. #44
    Registered User SRT THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    South Side
    Posts
    274

    Well...

    Quote Originally Posted by mowambi
    Allen Mello dodge has them with corbeaus maybe they are put in at dealership. I know the exhaust and bov were. They had a 2nd sticker in window saying what "mods" were done pre-delivered. I am allowed to hate american cars its my right to be an america. The only thing im saying about the domestic rice, is that civcs, impreza's, the whole import scene has always had their wings, kits, exhausts, turbos, and they were always rice. Now you have domestics like that, neon, mustang, etc.... So therefor they are domestic rice.. Whats the fasts srt4 out there? subby has a 8.98 wrx.... www.easystreetmotorsports.com
    Like I said, you know nothing about this car and go by the assumption of a short test drive. I have driven in my car for 7hr road trips and have no problem with comfort and I'm 6'4. I also test drove an 03 WRX before the SRT and thought the WRX was slow cuz of major lag and interior wasn't so great either, not that I care much about interior anyway. What I liked about the WRX was the Turning radius and the AWD. I have friends with WRX's, STI's and EVO's and have driven them alot, so I can speak about them.

    My car handles very very well for FWD once I played with the suspension. Stock suspension on the SRT-4 needs adjustment. Rear windows I don't care about, I don't sit there anyways

    Oh, sorry for the hi-jack to the thread starter....
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

  16. #45
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,911
    I can't belive that car is driven daily. Any other links on it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •