'05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on '05 STi vs '05 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrandonWRX stock srt4s trap 103-104? No...

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    stock srt4s trap 103-104?
    No
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

most srt4s will trap from 99-101.. last time i went ot the track i lined up against 1 and he trapped 97 to my 96 but i wooped him in ET obviously 14.16>14.30
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

well there are a bunch of them around this area, and the only one that beats me is stage 3 with a 75 shot. I was talking in regaurds to the guy with the STI, he should be able to pull on one from whatever gear if he get's the hang of revs and the tranny. I've raced probably 20 turbo Breeze's and all of them get crushed 4+ cars. The trap in my sig, was my trap for that run. Now I'm hitting 106+, the manifold helps. And I don't really race people from a dig, cause that isn't fair. But of course you are going to get mad cause you are a neon guy, so we can just chalk up all their losses to poor driving, and not the fact that my car rolls out.
    05 wrx, with modds. Now with new and improved turbo and more boost.
    277hp253tq @16psi. tuned at slowboyracing.com on dynopacs
    "let the owning comence"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx2ndregime
    well there are a bunch of them around this area, and the only one that beats me is stage 3 with a 75 shot. I was talking in regaurds to the guy with the STI, he should be able to pull on one from whatever gear if he get's the hang of revs and the tranny. I've raced probably 20 turbo Breeze's and all of them get crushed 4+ cars. The trap in my sig, was my trap for that run. Now I'm hitting 106+, the manifold helps. And I don't really race people from a dig, cause that isn't fair. But of course you are going to get mad cause you are a neon guy, so we can just chalk up all their losses to poor driving, and not the fact that my car rolls out.

hey where's green castle pa at? i'm a pa guy my self. if your not to far away we should set up a meeting to hang out. maybe even go cruise. so i can see how well your 106 traps "rolls out"
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

heh... im more of a DSM/mr2 guy then I am an SRT guy. But good kill none the less. Its all good . Only reason I mentioned the 103 trap is because weve had a local guy stock to the paper filter hit 13.8 @103 a couple times. And technicly, the highest trapping SRT would be 105. It was a magazine test of an SRT ACR vs. M3 competition coupe. But who knows mag racing is sometimes fishy

Quote Originally Posted by Mister 2
    heh... im more of a DSM/mr2 guy then I am an SRT guy. But good kill none the less. Its all good . Only reason I mentioned the 103 trap is because weve had a local guy stock to the paper filter hit 13.8 @103 a couple times. And technicly, the highest trapping SRT would be 105. It was a magazine test of an SRT ACR vs. M3 competition coupe. But who knows mag racing is sometimes fishy

Wow then he must be one of the best drivers in an srt4 out there, ive never heard of that. isnt an ACR basically a stage 2 srt4?
    Yeah where is greencastle? Im by pittsburgh.
    MY MODS
    *GET YOUR CLUBWRX KEYRING*
    http://clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54791&highlight=keychai n

not that I have anything good to add to this thread, but I am originally from Belle Vernon PA...south of pittsburgh.

although there is an SRT-4 running around knoxville with 21lbs of boost
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

here you guys go, before someone calls BS on what I said earlier. WHo knows mag racing is sometimes fishy but here is the article... good find.

http://www.stowaway.us/srt/acrvsm3-mphmag.html

SRT vs. STI

The race sounds correct. A Stock STI should pull a Stock SRT by about a car, not much but the STI still Pulls. Now this STI had minor mods compared to a Stock SRT, so yes the STI should win. Now if the SRT had TBE, CAI, and wastgate then the STI will see some Neon Lights from a roll. From a Dig, well we know the Story, unless the STI driver bogs badly. Good Race!
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

I highly doubt the 90 octane, 3.6kft elevation, with the catback and intake hack helped me out there The catback on the STi, doesn't delete any cats, basically just for sound. Now if I can just break the nuts on my stock downpipe, I can get the measurments, and have my GHEY RSR downpipe cut, and re-welded (I hate companies that sell you downpipe's, knowing which catback you have, cause they sold it to you, yet forget to inform you that it wont mate up without cutting.) For anyone who lives in S Cali, don't goto JDM Concepts, they just BS you on shipping dates, plus parts.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWRX
    Wow then he must be one of the best drivers in an srt4 out there, ive never heard of that. isnt an ACR basically a stage 2 srt4?
    Yeah where is greencastle? Im by pittsburgh.

thats a big negative. no power mods added exact same hp as a reg model. it does gets a 16inch bbs wheel package with 225 kdws, fatter front and rear sway bars, adjustable koni struts, harness slots in seats. not a bad 1600 option if you ask me. i also posted a few weeks ago of a stock srt running 13.6@103.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

All magazine racing, is BS. A lot of my friends do that too. Reading something in Super street, SCC, or whatever else is usually a load of crap. Your car runs, what your car runs. I knocked off a 13.2 with a bad 60 IMO, due to RE92's. That problem is solved now though. Of all of my friends WRX's, mine is the fastest for my mods. When they were stage two they were a couple tenths behind. I'm not saying the SRT's aren't amazing for the amount they cost, and the cheep mods that you can do to make them faster. I'm just saying that all of the people that have done it around here I beat. That's not just stock, but spring mod, down pipe,stage 2, whatever else except turbo or nitrous mods, which includes one car. They can do a lot and put down a lot with the right mods, but so can a WRX( and mine has a number of them ). My car happens to pull a little bit harder the wrxs with comparable mods, as I know a lot of people around here running that. I don't know it's just a freak, I guess, it can happen. There have been dyno numbers on stock WRX's going from 160 to 180ish, people with turbo swaps only making 225, and some people with the same stuff making close to 300. The fact of the matter is Turbo cars are weird, and you especially can't go by a magazine when regaurding one.

Greencastle is the the middle of the state on the maryland line. 1hr from lancaster, 3 hrs from pittsburg.
    "let the owning comence"

All magazine racing, is BS. A lot of my friends do that too. Reading something in Super street, SCC, or whatever else is usually a load of crap. Your car runs, what your car runs. I knocked off a 13.2 with a bad 60 IMO, due to RE92's. That problem is solved now though. Of all of my friends WRX's, mine is the fastest for my mods. When they were stage two they were a couple tenths behind. I'm not saying the SRT's aren't amazing for the amount they cost, and the cheep mods that you can do to make them faster. I'm just saying that all of the people that have done it around here I beat. That's not just stock, but spring mod, down pipe,stage 2, whatever else except turbo or nitrous mods, which includes one car. They can do a lot and put down a lot with the right mods, but so can a WRX( and mine has a number of them ). My car happens to pull a little bit harder the wrxs with comparable mods, as I know a lot of people around here running that. I don't know it's just a freak, I guess, it can happen. There have been dyno numbers on stock WRX's going from 160 to 180ish, people with turbo swaps only making 225, and some people with the same stuff making close to 300. The fact of the matter is Turbo cars are weird, and you especially can't go by a magazine when regaurding one.

Greencastle is the the middle of the state on the maryland line. 1hr from lancaster, 3 hrs from pittsburg.

any time you make it out a track let me know. i'm always looks for a some good racing. i seem to get either 9sec cars or 19sec cars to race at the track.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

probably wont be till next spring, right now the track by my house is doing only competitions, so I'll wait till test and tune. I heard there is a decent 1/8 mile track in your neck of the woods, and I don't know how maple grove runs there test and tunes. But by next spring I should have a new set up.
    "let the owning comence"

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    His passenger weighs about a 160 soak and wet, mine wieghs about 270 dry
    It's cool if you have a tubby g/f.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.