A Z28 ...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on A Z28 ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; For the record I'd like to say I thought I was going to get beat because it was a top ...

A Z28 ...

For the record I'd like to say I thought I was going to get beat because it was a top end run. So anyway I was getting on the interstate and a Z28 comes zipping by me and slows down next to me. I kept slowing down because I wanted to get as slow as possible before starting. At about 50 he finally gets even so he revs and hits it. I was about a millisecond behind him but immediately fell 1/2 car back, but got back to even. It was DEAD even until we shut down at about 90-95. I'm glad it didn't go any faster than that because fourth gear sucks and he would've definitely pulled on me. Oh well. I was happy I was dead even from a 50mph roll with a V8. I would like to race the same car from a stop and see what happens.

FYI not sure of the year, but it was newer with the rounded headlights. He had an exhaust at least. I'm Cobb Stage II.

Tony

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    For the record I'd like to say I thought I was going to get beat because it was a top end run. So anyway I was getting on the interstate and a Z28 comes zipping by me and slows down next to me. I kept slowing down because I wanted to get as slow as possible before starting. At about 50 he finally gets even so he revs and hits it. I was about a millisecond behind him but immediately fell 1/2 car back, but got back to even. It was DEAD even until we shut down at about 90-95. I'm glad it didn't go any faster than that because fourth gear sucks and he would've definitely pulled on me. Oh well. I was happy I was dead even from a 50mph roll with a V8. I would like to race the same car from a stop and see what happens.

FYI not sure of the year, but it was newer with the rounded headlights. He had an exhaust at least. I'm Cobb Stage II.

Tony

Intresting I don't see a stage 2 WRX keeping up with a LS1 from a roll. It wouldn't even be close. They make 280-300whp stock.

If it was a LT1 You would probably have beaten him. There's a guy I work with who has a LT1 with full exhaust, gears and chip and he barely pulled on me with stage 1. But he has a Auto as well. Now I'm stage 2 he won't race me.

I could see a 5spd v6 Camaro doing that though, esp. if it had maybe an intake & exhaust.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Yes. I'm lying. I make this stuff up for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I could see a 5spd v6 Camaro doing that though, esp. if it had maybe an intake & exhaust.
    I doubt it the V6 is slow as hell, even with intake and exhaust it wouldn't do any better than high 14s if that.

I bet the Z28 was an auto. I can see a cobb stage 2 keeping even until 95mph. After that though
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtony
    Yes. I'm lying. I make this stuff up for fun.
    Unfortuneately, alot of people here seem to bash any one that runs against Z28's and Birds and win.

They seem to think they are gods gift to human kind. Not sure why, but look at the past post's and you will see what I mean.

Its amazing, its ok to beat a honda, and SRT or even a EVO, but god forbid if we beat an american "muscle" car.

This is the reason I dont post my kills...too many flames!

Good job on your race and keep it safe!

Flame away boys!
    Stage IV+
    Going for 11's

Well I'm old enough, or should I say too old (born way back before many Japanese cars were even in the U.S.) to be racing on the street, that's for sure, but I'm also old enough that I don't need to impress anyone. I just like hearing about racing and thought it would be nice to post something up here about something that happened to me. I don't lie about these things. I would never make up a "kill" story. It may have been an auto, it may have been a badged-up V6, I don't know, but what I wrote is what happened. No lie.

It could be worse. I could've posted this on Nastystock. In fact I think I'll post it just to see how much I get flamed.

Tony

Please hold off the result of the race until the end of the story to make it suspensful.

A lightly-modded v6 can trap 92-94 mph with no problem, easily being a match for a similarly-modded WRX from a roll. From a stop of course it'd lose badly.

I never said you were making it up. I just said it might have been a different car. An LS1, auto or stick, should walk away from a car with your mods. In this case it didn't. As always, anything can happen.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

good job....
    i'd beleive it....
    i have a 2dr GC with only 260 whp n' have gone against slightly modded Z28s. neither of teh cars could pull on me til 105-110. i just lose power at teh end, VF30 is not know for it. i love seeing their faces when i'm next beside them...

4th gear on subies aren't that bad, just needs a bigger turbo to make it better....

RANDi

A lightly-modded v6 can trap 92-94 mph with no problem, easily being a match for a similarly-modded WRX from a roll. From a stop of course it'd lose badly.

I never said you were making it up. I just said it might have been a different car. An LS1, auto or stick, should walk away from a car with your mods. In this case it didn't. As always, anything can happen.
    theres a guy that worked at a company behind me had a V6 lightly modded , and with my CB and Up pipe i would leave him no problem, then he got a beat z28 that was so messed up..... lets just say he didnt try to race me after chatting and saying my car runs around 14.5 stock even though his ran 13.7 at best some point in its life, he tried to keep up with me one day way before with ex/intake plus w/e else and wouldnt gain. i felt sorry for the idiot because the car ran like S*** and looked it to with the exhaust hanging down funny and all too. he would hate me if i went back to american daily's.
    Last edited by turbo_bxr; 07-01-2005 at 07:53 PM.

Tony I know your telling the truth because I have done the smae thing to a last gen z28. I posted it too. I didn't get flamed on that much though. If anyone on here even thinks that a v6 camero ever stands a chance against a stg 2 wrx in any way they need their head examined badly. From a roll a stock z28 is fair game for a stg 2. Now cam it up, and then you've got a problem. From a dig a z28 gets owned hard if you drop the clutch right at about 5k rpm. No contest period.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

my bro's V6 camaro almost sounds like an 8

And a stage 2 WRX traps anywhere for 99-102 mph.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.