A Z28 ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on A Z28 ... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I can never keep up with which vendor's "stage" includes which mods so I wouldn't know what to expect from ...

I can never keep up with which vendor's "stage" includes which mods so I wouldn't know what to expect from what stage. Either way, the 3800 v6 isn't anywhere near as anemic as the 3400 series and is a much more worthy competitor. Wait till you run into a blown or squeezed v6 Camaro.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I can never keep up with which vendor's "stage" includes which mods so I wouldn't know what to expect from what stage. Either way, the 3800 v6 isn't anywhere near as anemic as the 3400 series and is a much more worthy competitor. Wait till you run into a blown or squeezed v6 Camaro.
    I'm talking about AP stage 2.

Whatever stage the WRX was, a 200hp V-6 Camaro that weighs 2-300lbs more than a wrx is not going to be competition for any stage. It would take a blown or squeezed V-6 camaro to even keep up with a cobb stage2 WRX. Your talking about a car that stock goes high 15's against a low 14-high 13 second wrx, its no comparisson at all.

Good kill on the Z28 to the thread started. Those are deffinatly a nice accomplishment for a stg2 wrx, just dont take the races much faster till you have a bit bigger turbo....And as was stated above, be careful about posting anything that involves an LS1 (round headlight camaros, and equivilant year firebirds) of any kind. There seems to be a bunch of people on here that think they are unbeatable, an no matter what if a WRX wins the LS1 was either the crappiest driver ever or not trying or his car was broken etc ....
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

with cobb 2.5, you should be able to pull on z28's. better midrange and topend.
    2002 wrx silver

You can beat Z28's. Who cares how much power they've got, they weigh like 98234239423 pounds and can't get out of their own way.

And if you really want to humiliate a muscle car driver, just wait until the first turn...

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    You can beat Z28's. Who cares how much power they've got, they weigh like 98234239423 pounds and can't get out of their own way.
    errr, yeeahhhh Stock Z28 LS1's are good for low 13's pal.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Whatever, V8's are slow.

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW
    Whatever, V8's are slow.

I'm assuming you're just trying to incite a response, whatever

Anyway, number of cylinder's these days don't mean "that" much with forced induction. However, saying V8's is slow is like saying all 4 cylinder compact cars (ahem, wrx's) are slow as well, it just reeks of ignorance, or stupidity, or maybe both (actually, a stock LS1 V8 IS over a second faster than a WRX, but I digress)

Anyways, I have a V6, so I could care less either way
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    I'm assuming you're just trying to incite a response, whatever

Anyway, number of cylinder's these days don't mean "that" much with forced induction. However, saying V8's is slow is like saying all 4 cylinder compact cars (ahem, wrx's) are slow as well, it just reeks of ignorance, or stupidity, or maybe both (actually, a stock LS1 V8 IS over a second faster than a WRX, but I digress)

Anyways, I have a V6, so I could care less either way

<----------Take a look at my profile...

*1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

uke

*smacks forehead* DOH!!
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

I Support ClubWRX

I just read your profile.. when was the last time you were at 400 HP ? (Unless you mean whp )
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Well i have a little input on this one. I know two kids that both have 2002 WS6 firebirds. One kid has full exhaust/ headers/ some sort of chip and a few other little things he ran a 12.9@110mph. THe other kids is bone stock and his best so far was a 14.0@102mph. Now sure the kid that ran a 14.0 isn't a great driver but look at the trap, its not that high, sure its quicker then a stage I wrx but at the same time a stage 2 wrx traps a few mph slower then that, but still very close. Both those cars are obviously LS1's. In this case if a really well running cobb stage 2 wrx raced the kid that runs 14s all day long from a roll it could be a really close race, if the wrx had up-pipe/intercooler hoses/lightweight pulley, it could be right around 102mph trap speed so there is no reason he couldn't keep up with that kids WS6. Sure this kids WS6 is running slower then most but he has taken it to the track a number of times and that was actuallly his best run, so if you ran into him on the street its a close race. My other friend ran a 13.2@106mph stock, so if you ran into him your gonna get walked. It depends on the car i guess.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

now before anyone tries to get me on anything about worshiping these cars, uh no. even though when it comes to modern performance cheap with style and rwd, thats my route, and im big on pontiac ( non corporate powered mainly). still was the one kids an auto? because i was next to a 98-02 ls1 camaro at the track once and when i ran 14.8 he ran 14.5 . im think the auto's must suck compared to the sticks.

people have done 12.9 with stock ws6's to the tires. i know how it could be done but theres no way in hell i would master it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    now before anyone tries to get me on anything about worshiping these cars, uh no. even though when it comes to modern performance cheap with style and rwd, thats my route, and im big on pontiac ( non corporate powered mainly). still was the one kids an auto? because i was next to a 98-02 ls1 camaro at the track once and when i ran 14.8 he ran 14.5 . im think the auto's must suck compared to the sticks.

people have done 12.9 with stock ws6's to the tires. i know how it could be done but theres no way in hell i would master it.
    If you are responding to my above post both cars are MT.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    If you are responding to my above post both cars are MT.
    yeah, i hate quoting big paragraphs. i guess some people just can run like others...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12