mbc wrx vs. dodge charger
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on mbc wrx vs. dodge charger within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, The other night I was at a light behind a new dodge charger. There was a bus beside ...

mbc wrx vs. dodge charger

Hey everyone,

The other night I was at a light behind a new dodge charger. There was a bus beside him, otherwise I would have been next to him. Anyway, the light turned green and I could have easily passed him if there was no bus beside me. As soon as we were clear of the bus I flew past him thinking "Shouldn't this car be faster than me?" Thinking it was over, I shifted into fifth around 90 mph, and he started pulling up on me quickly. I downshifted into fourth again, caught back up to him and had about half a car by 125. My only power mods are UP and MBC. I was looking at the new Chargers on the internet and the slowest one has 250 hp, the next one up has 340. I'm guessing I raced the 250 hp one. But shouldn't a 250 hp rwd car be able to kick my but on the highway?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they're heavy

Quote Originally Posted by sixstars
    Hey everyone,

The other night I was at a light behind a new dodge charger. There was a bus beside him, otherwise I would have been next to him. Anyway, the light turned green and I could have easily passed him if there was no bus beside me. As soon as we were clear of the bus I flew past him thinking "Shouldn't this car be faster than me?" Thinking it was over, I shifted into fifth around 90 mph, and he started pulling up on me quickly. I downshifted into fourth again, caught back up to him and had about half a car by 125. My only power mods are UP and MBC. I was looking at the new Chargers on the internet and the slowest one has 250 hp, the next one up has 340. I'm guessing I raced the 250 hp one. But shouldn't a 250 hp rwd car be able to kick my but on the highway?
    Is it wise to be doing 125mph near buses?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    they're heavy
    well-done

Yep. It was definitley the 250hp version, the hemi powered one would have put bus lengths on you at those speeds, no pun intended. I can believe you kept up with the V6 version with your mods, nice run.

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    Yep. It was definitley the 250hp version, the hemi powered one would have put bus lengths on you at those speeds, no pun intended. I can believe you kept up with the V6 version with your mods, nice run.
    why???? MBC + uppipe will give you at least 23 HP, which will bring a stock WRX up to 250 HP. WRX with 250HP > heavy charger with 250HP. It's is simple as that. You really have way too much faith in American junk cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    why???? MBC + uppipe will give you at least 23 HP, which will bring a stock WRX up to 250 HP. WRX with 250HP > heavy charger with 250HP. It's is simple as that. You really have way too much faith in American junk cars.

READ my post next time. I said I believed him

Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Is it wise to be doing 125mph near buses?!
    Technically, I wasn't doing 125 near a bus. By the time we were going 125 the bus was far behind us

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    READ my post next time. I said I believed him
    can you elaborate on your mods??? Just curious what it takes to get those 300C's up to the power levels you have...
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

My only power mods are a catless UP and a crappy mbc set to .105 MPa. I had a catless TBE until earlier that day (took it off and sold it).

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    why???? You really have way too much faith in American junk cars.
    way to generalize

btw nice kill sixstars...yea it seems those 250hp chargers are a bit obese.
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

Thank you kind sir!

Saw my first charger today up close and it actually looks better in person than in the pics. It was pure white with 18" wheels, slightly lowered and had the HEMI and I have to admit...I might take it over the new GT if I had to make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by jigga
    can you elaborate on your mods??? Just curious what it takes to get those 300C's up to the power levels you have...
    Not much, that 380hp is at the crank of course. I just added a chip, cold air intake and a few other minor tweaks my friend did. He tells me a nice Borla exhaust will get me up to about 400hp so I might be getting one.

Yeah if I had to give up my wrx (and i mean HAD) for an American "muscle" car I'd get the charger over the new mustang any day. I'm not digging the whole retro thing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast