stage2 wrx vs gti 1.8t
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage2 wrx vs gti 1.8t within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was coming down the street and see this white wrx with bodykits w/ rims stopped at the red light,. ...

stage2 wrx vs gti 1.8t

I was coming down the street and see this white wrx with bodykits w/ rims stopped at the red light,. i was talking with my buddy about cars so were in the mood. i rev up little and he is ready too. green. i easy out the first gear, he doesnt launch his car, but still gets a good 1 car length in front of me off the line. shift to 2nd, i am slow pulling on him. at the top of the 2nd, iam about haf a car behind. 3rd. upto 100mph, i was passing him slowly, he let it go first,. next light he told me he has a stage 2.. (boost / turboback?) and props each other..
    if you are here, these are my mods, ecu/intake/downpipe/mbc..
    good race
    --
    02 gti

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    nice first post I'm not the dude you raced, (mine is blue ) but where are you from ?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Nice kill, have you dynoed your car? if so what kind of whp are you making?
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

very nice!

I have always been a fan of modded GTi's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbguy7
    I was coming down the street and see this white wrx with bodykits w/ rims stopped at the red light,. i was talking with my buddy about cars so were in the mood. i rev up little and he is ready too. green. i easy out the first gear, he doesnt launch his car, but still gets a good 1 car length in front of me off the line. shift to 2nd, i am slow pulling on him. at the top of the 2nd, iam about haf a car behind. 3rd. upto 100mph, i was passing him slowly, he let it go first,. next light he told me he has a stage 2.. (boost / turboback?) and props each other..
    if you are here, these are my mods, ecu/intake/downpipe/mbc..
    good race
    --
    02 gti
    Oh boy, a kid i know has a GLI with the same mods as you, i was gonna try to race him, but with my mods it looks like im dead meat.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

I doubt the KO3 turbo can make anymore than 210at the wheels tops. It's so small.

Just be glad he didn't launch you never would have caught him.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwrxguy
    I doubt the KO3 turbo can make anymore than 210at the wheels tops. It's so small.
    Have you ever seen one? It's soooo cute!!! If I ever turbocharge my quad, that's what I'll use

watch out for those modded 1.8t's... from a roll, the can easily hang or pull on lightly modded wrx's.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    watch out for those modded 1.8t's... from a roll, the can easily hang or pull on lightly modded wrx's.
    Maybe with a KO4 stage III upgrade...the head has weak flow characteristics, I owned a 2003 1.8T Wolfsburg (stock) and I thought it was a dog for the most part...

Quote Originally Posted by FST4DR
    Maybe with a KO4 stage III upgrade...the head has weak flow characteristics, I owned a 2003 1.8T Wolfsburg (stock) and I thought it was a dog for the most part...
    K04 Stage III shouldnt be touched. They are wickedly fast. Yes, your wolfsburg was a dog, and so are most other 1.8t's stock. There is a wide variety of different times the engine will bring with the different models. I have a friend with a jetta 1.8t with almost all basic bolt ons other than turbo upgrades, and the new X+ giac chip and he is running mid 13's @ 100+ mph. But a chip, intake, turboback exhaust will give a gti/jetta almost a full second off their stock quarter times. Low 14's easily at much better traps than the wrx can do stock.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

i've never dynoed it but as someone mentioned below, it won't put out more than 200whp(in my case) maybe lil more than 190? but it does have pretty good torque and i've beaten numerous g35,350s, and s2ks w/ just $1000 of mods

I've gone 30-100mph roll with STI, I had him in 2nd gear but in 3rd he was catching up, and we shut down. OFCOURSE that car would've killed me if we kept going. i was surprised i was able to hang w/ STI for few sec

The record ont eh stock ko3 is 248whp and you can get 215-225 whp with chip turboback and some lemmiwinks
    WWW.TUNER-STOP.COMCONTACT US FOR ANY PART!!

HID KITS - $225 SHIPPED!!

a little too much speed for me in this thread.

my friend has an 02 1.8t gti and he has a revo chip mbc and full turbo back and he had me beat everytime from a roll before i got my ap stage 2 after i got it it wasn't reaching target boost and he would still pull on me by about a car up to 100....then i finally got the stage 2 hwy map and i will pull on him slightly off a roll and by 100 i would have maybe half a car or a car on him and still pulling....those little things are really fast with just a chip....
    Mods: ERZ Up/Down pipe, bosal dual tip cat-back, cobb AP stage II

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    K04 Stage III shouldnt be touched. They are wickedly fast. Yes, your wolfsburg was a dog, and so are most other 1.8t's stock. There is a wide variety of different times the engine will bring with the different models. I have a friend with a jetta 1.8t with almost all basic bolt ons other than turbo upgrades, and the new X+ giac chip and he is running mid 13's @ 100+ mph. But a chip, intake, turboback exhaust will give a gti/jetta almost a full second off their stock quarter times. Low 14's easily at much better traps than the wrx can do stock.
    Stage III is not a K04. I K04 is not much different than the stock K03. Stage III is a gt28r turbo which depending on engine management will make 220-260 whp. They are quick, mid 13 sec cars, but not wickedly fast. Stage III+ is the gt28rs which can make ~300 whp and that moves, talking high 12s now.

Any stock 1.8t is a dog, they are so detuned.

mtbguy: The STi was ****ing with you or couldnt drive. Sti is a low 13 second car with a bigger advantage at low speeds. You are a low 14 second car.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast