stage2 wrx vs gti 1.8t - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on stage2 wrx vs gti 1.8t within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you can make 300whp on the gt28r on 100oct. the stock turbo holds a records of i believe 12.4 ont ...

you can make 300whp on the gt28r on 100oct. the stock turbo holds a records of i believe 12.4 ont he 1320
    WWW.TUNER-STOP.COMCONTACT US FOR ANY PART!!

HID KITS - $225 SHIPPED!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster
    you can make 300whp on the gt28r on 100oct. the stock turbo holds a records of i believe 12.4 ont he 1320
    Yes records, and one time shots, but do not expect these results on most cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Stage III is not a K04. I K04 is not much different than the stock K03. Stage III is a gt28r turbo which depending on engine management will make 220-260 whp. They are quick, mid 13 sec cars, but not wickedly fast. Stage III+ is the gt28rs which can make ~300 whp and that moves, talking high 12s now.

Any stock 1.8t is a dog, they are so detuned.

mtbguy: The STi was ****ing with you or couldnt drive. Sti is a low 13 second car with a bigger advantage at low speeds. You are a low 14 second car.
    Not true wizzman, maybe with APR but after having an ex GF's 1.8t go lean on their software I wouldn't touch it. And with rumor/or/fact that Revo software people are actually ex-APR employees who left to form their own company "stage III" can be with a modified KO4-15 or KO4-20, 280HP/300TQ...in fact there is an entire website/company dedicated to tuning all the 1.8twurbos up...see for yourself:

http://www.pro-imports.com/k04kit.htm

Stage III is not a K04. I K04 is not much different than the stock K03. Stage III is a gt28r turbo which depending on engine management will make 220-260 whp. They are quick, mid 13 sec cars, but not wickedly fast. Stage III+ is the gt28rs which can make ~300 whp and that moves, talking high 12s now.

Any stock 1.8t is a dog, they are so detuned.

mtbguy: The STi was ****ing with you or couldnt drive. Sti is a low 13 second car with a bigger advantage at low speeds. You are a low 14 second car.
    I think you're talking about APR stg3.. K04 has many sizes and also can be tuned to be called stage3 or 4 or whatever, it's just companies that names the turbo kits.

and sorry. STI was not ***ing with me. and he is my friend and knows how to drive. who doesnt know sti is a low13sec car and traps over 103? i know too. and i didnt win the race. haha. it's all good. how do u want to explain my kill on evo8? lol ok. dont believe it.. maybe all drivers i encounter drive suck.

sure it wasn't a lancer?

That's all great. Hell I can make a website and call my TD04 a Stage 10 billion if I want. Fact is, ask any VW enthusiast what a stage III is and they will say APR's gt28r kit. OR stage III+ (gt28rs). Just like when a subie owner says he is stage 2.5, could be anyting but you just know its a VF34. And the fact remains, hardly anyone upgrades to a K04, some do but its just why put so much effort and tuning in to get hp out of such a tiny turbo?

APR makes the best off the shelf software and maps for 1.8ts. Only one that may be better is Revo.

Yes, so there is a aK04 kit that makes 280 CRANK hp. That is still only going to be 230 whp tops. Everyone knows advertised crtank numbers are bogus.
    Let me reiterate, NO one upgrades to a K04. Look around vwvortex, or ask, NO one will recomend this turbo. 2800 for a K04 kit, that is just downright funny. ATP sells a gt28rs kit for like 2400.

You are all talking about outlying companies that thrive on clueless cutomers to sell their K04s to by using bogus crank numbers that are impossible to prove.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedster
    The record ont eh stock ko3 is 248whp and you can get 215-225 whp with chip turboback and some lemmiwinks

Bwhahahahahahhahahahahahahhaahaahahhahahahahhahah

I own an 03 GTI 1.8t with all boltons and stock turbo. I am at 215whp tops.

No f**king way without nitrous can you hit that number on the stock K03 turbo.
    Last edited by Jacoby; 07-08-2005 at 09:17 AM.

ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!

No K04'd 1.8T will ever in 10 million years hit 300whp. I own a full bolt-on GTI and I'm pushing 225-230whp MAX and thats everything and I mean EVERYTHING you can imagine bolted on AND I have custom Dyno-tuned software....
    Last edited by Aerocore; 07-08-2005 at 09:34 AM.
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T - Bolt-on City!!!!
    1991 Acura NSX - Stock
    http://www.sportcompactracing.com/vb...=getimage&id=5

He said crank hp and 230whp on the ko4 and that is very true. I have seen with my own eyes a ko3 getting that much power on the bottle. I have also seen a ko4 with ntercooler kit do 250whp(T-Boy on vwvortex). Yes APR makes good stuff but for that price i would rather go with something custom and REVO bt software..

Quote Originally Posted by Aerocore
    ROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!

No K04'd 1.8T will ever in 10 million years hit 300whp. I own a full bolt-on GTI and I'm pushing 225-230whp MAX and thats everything and I mean EVERYTHING you can imagine bolted on AND I have custom Dyno-tuned software....
    sorry. but someone already did 296.7 whp with k04-20. well it's with race gas. but it does count as k04.
    if you're doing 230whp with k03, wow that's impressive. may i ask your list of mods?

http://www.pro-imports.com/dyno.htm

yes. true. i won't waste $ on k04 turbo if i were to upgrade it.. surely for gt28rs or even gt30 series,,
    Last edited by mtbguy7; 07-11-2005 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbguy7
    sorry. but someone already did 296.7 whp with k04-20. well it's with race gas. but it does count as k04.
    if you're doing 230whp with k03, wow that's impressive. may i ask your list of mods?

yes. true. i won't waste $ on k04 turbo if i were to upgrade it.. surely for gt28rs or even gt30 series,,

yeah, I posted that link before and wizzguy still doesn't believe me...

Still, 245whp and 276 ft/lbs tq is good for a K04 on pump gas. It might "only" be 245 whp, but that 276 ft/lbs of tq is what will win the race for it...

and as far as I know, a k04 is a perfect upgrade...well, for people with tiptronics that don't want to spend the money to have a manual swap done...but that's an arguement for another day...

And one more thing before I post right after this. The torque counts for something. I've raced a couple srt-4's (haven't really beat one yet) and I'll hang with them through 2nd gear, but as soon as I shift...they're gone...
    Last edited by YZFWV; 07-11-2005 at 01:47 PM.

That's all great. Hell I can make a website and call my TD04 a Stage 10 billion if I want. Fact is, ask any VW enthusiast what a stage III is and they will say APR's gt28r kit. OR stage III+ (gt28rs). Just like when a subie owner says he is stage 2.5, could be anyting but you just know its a VF34. And the fact remains, hardly anyone upgrades to a K04, some do but its just why put so much effort and tuning in to get hp out of such a tiny turbo?

here we go with the whole VW misconception thing again. Did some one from the VW/Audi company piss in your cheerios or something?

APR Stg III - GT28rs
    EIP Stg III - Intercooler and stock k03

uh-oh....is there more?

EIP Stag IV(gasp) - t3/t4 hybrid

Um...I'm sure NGP can make a stage kit.

Maybe it's pro-imports stage III kit, who know....

I also know people running GT30's, T3's, etc...

Fact is, ask any vw enthusiast (And I know a lot of them, trust me on this one) what a stage III is, and they'll probably each give you a different answer. Unless they're APR "fan bois"...

APR STG 3 = GT28R Turbo
    APR STG 3+ = GT28RS Turbo

ATP STG 2=GT28R or GT28RS
    ATP makes GT30R kits

My mods list? Sure.
    Evolution MS CAI
    Unforgettable Sound and Performance(Chris Green) 3" DP with Race section.
    Custom 2.5" side-exit exhaust(no restrictions)
    APR ECU completely retuned using V-Tune and a dyno
    TyrolSport Adj. FPR
    ECS Racing N75H
    EuroJet Racing Upgrated FMIC
    NX N-Tercooler
    Plus a bunch of other simple mods to improve handling, shifting, driveline, etc.

The Mods on the NSX?
    BBS LM wheels: 17x7.5 front 18x11.5 rear
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T - Bolt-on City!!!!
    1991 Acura NSX - Stock
    http://www.sportcompactracing.com/vb...=getimage&id=5

Yeah that someone happens to be the people selling it. For the umpteenth time, lets see some REAL WORLD dynos of a K04 over 240 whp. I am not sure why you keep making the same argument over and over with the same freaking link. If this is such widespread knowledge and so easy to do please provide some other sources.

And to YZ: You are missing the point, I am aware every company makes staged kits. But it just so happens APR is the biggest company out there for 1.8t engine management. If you don't believe me, show up to Waterfest in NJ this weekend. Ask ANYONE what a stage III is and they will tell you its APR's gt28r kit. Yes there are others, but like Cobb has grasped the term "stage 2" for the wrx, APR has "stage III" for the 1.8t.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.