Friendly Race My Wrx vs Built Gst
Results 1 to 10 of 10

This is a discussion on Friendly Race My Wrx vs Built Gst within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A buddy of mine just finished up his 98 GST . Bored and Stroked to a 2.4 liter with a ...

  1. #1
    Registered User 20wrx02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    South East Mass
    Posts
    669

    Friendly Race My Wrx vs Built Gst

    A buddy of mine just finished up his 98 GST . Bored and Stroked to a 2.4 liter with a turbonetics T3/T4 turbo with no cam work and partially tuned at 20psi.

    Me 2002 WRX with Cobb Street Turner 2.5map vf34 , Ra Gears, FMIC and a few other toys.

    We did a roll since none of us wanted to blow our trannys that night, from 40mph on 2nd gear i pulled on him quarter of a car, 3rd gear i pulled again a quarter of a car, then 4th he was on my rear fender all the way to 5th... im surprised with the out come but i know he'll beat me with a better tune.

    Now i need to do some more...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boulder, Co
    Posts
    320
    I am suprised he didn't pull you from a roll. Bigger engine, bigger turbo, less drivetrain loss..guess it shows the tune can make a big difference. Nice win.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

  4. #3
    Registered User Boostman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lexington KANTUCKYY
    Posts
    36
    good kill. update us on it after he gets it all tuned. if he has complimenting mods he should be able to pull you, then again your car is no slouch!

  5. #4
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostman
    good kill. update us on it after he gets it all tuned. if he has complimenting mods he should be able to pull you, then again your car is no slouch!

    +1 that thing should be a beast from a roll when all is said and done.

  6. #5
    Registered User WRXcelration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Allentown PA
    Posts
    2,797
    nice run man....ur tune really helped

    20 -
    what fmic are you running and do you see any gains running it
    05 STI

    Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

  7. #6
    Registered User 20wrx02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    South East Mass
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice run man....ur tune really helped

    20 -
    what fmic are you running and do you see any gains running it

    actually with the fmic spools faster but lots o pressure drop-- im getting my car pro tuned next week -- the guy says i should easily see close to 300whp on 18-20psi when its said and done.

    he tuned his own car on a vf34 upgrade fuel with a stock intercooler and only 16psi @ 272whp

    i'll post a dyno sheet

  8. #7
    Registered User WRX-ERROR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wilkes Barre, Pa
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by 20wrx02
    actually with the fmic spools faster but lots o pressure drop-- im getting my car pro tuned next week -- the guy says i should easily see close to 300whp on 18-20psi when its said and done.

    he tuned his own car on a vf34 upgrade fuel with a stock intercooler and only 16psi @ 272whp

    i'll post a dyno sheet
    You might want to watch trying to run a VF34 at 20psi. Run that turbo at those boost and you are going to put allot of wear and tear on your motor and turbo. 18psi is a good place to run that turbo. I'd talk to your tuner about it more.

    BTW nice kill. Once he gets tuned just run him off the road to win.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

  9. #8
    Registered User Boostman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Lexington KANTUCKYY
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    BTW nice kill. Once he gets tuned just run him off the road to win.
    awesome

  10. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    BTW nice kill. Once he gets tuned just run him off the road to win.
    Only way I can win on GT4 and Forza sometimes.

  11. #10
    Registered User 20wrx02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    South East Mass
    Posts
    669
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    You might want to watch trying to run a VF34 at 20psi. Run that turbo at those boost and you are going to put allot of wear and tear on your motor and turbo. 18psi is a good place to run that turbo. I'd talk to your tuner about it more.

    BTW nice kill. Once he gets tuned just run him off the road to win.


    a few peeps on this board are running 20psi on a vf34 and 22psi on a vf22 and are holding up fine.... but i just want to break at least 300whp like other are with utec's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •