Mustang GT vs WRX and Tiburon GT
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mustang GT vs WRX and Tiburon GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys i've been reading these forums for a while and have always like the wrx, so I just wanted ...

Mustang GT vs WRX and Tiburon GT

Hey guys i've been reading these forums for a while and have always like the wrx, so I just wanted to introduce myself and post my first story. Anyways, I had two interesting races over the weekend. First was against a red wrx (stock I believe). We were both crusing along the highway (95 south) and spotted each other. We both got to an open stretch of highway and went from about a 70 mph roll. I dropped it into 3rd and started pulling away, we went up to about 110 and I had like 2 - 3 cars on him. I'm sure it would have been closer if the race was from a roll.

My second race of the day was against a black Tiburon GT. I was just driving along and I see him swerving in and out of lanes to catch up to me. So when he does we go from a 3 count at around 70 mph again. Again I drop it to 3rd and go...I started to gain initially but didn't pull much. We went up to about 120 before we caught up to traffic. I only had like 1.5 - 2 cars lengths on him. I was in shock because i thought they were like high 15 second cars so i guess he had some engine work done. I know I definetly heard an exhaust. Yea so both races were fun and both guys seemed cool.
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the tiburons are faster than that...my friend ran 15 flat in his with just a cold air and catback

WRX isn't known for it's top end speed. Bigger turbo's will help with that.. Sounds about right for a GT vx WRX at those speeds.

Not sure what the deal was with the T-GT.. They are normally nothing more then a joke to race. But I'm guessing someone somewhere got sick of that and figured out how to bring it to ife.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    WRX isn't known for it's top end speed. Bigger turbo's will help with that.. Sounds about right for a GT vx WRX at those speeds.

Not sure what the deal was with the T-GT.. They are normally nothing more then a joke to race. But I'm guessing someone somewhere got sick of that and figured out how to bring it to ife.
    yea seriously...also even if someone ran a 15 flat with just a CAI and catback I would think I would pull more then 1.5 cars from a roll. Their top end can't be all that great...I think
    Magnaflow Catback

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdBlack
    yea seriously...also even if someone ran a 15 flat with just a CAI and catback I would think I would pull more then 1.5 cars from a roll. Their top end can't be all that great...I think
    the new tiburon seems to be quicker. Was it the new body style?

yea I believe so...with the dual tips and the 17' rims.
    Magnaflow Catback

We both got to an open stretch of highway and went from about a 70 mph roll. I'm sure it would have been closer if the race was from a roll.

you mean from a dig right?

yea I believe so...with the dual tips and the 17' rims.
    Damn, those are some mighty big rims.
    2005 Aspen White STi

my friend has the new body style. It has pretty nice interior but i really don't like the exterior and it is a honda knock off. He gave me a ride and it felt fairly slow although he is a really bad driver.
    just my 2 cents worth

This last weekend and i ran a Fox Body mustang GT 5.0, in good condition. We went from about a 10 roll. I still pulled about a car length away from him then i just let off. We did this about 3 times and he never pulled. The new tiburons have some balls, much more than the old ones.
    Catch Me If You Can

My gf has a 2005 tiburon gt, haven't had a chance to ride in it or drive it yet tho. She likes it a lot tho.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Quote Originally Posted by ak_wrx
    This last weekend and i ran a Fox Body mustang GT 5.0, in good condition. We went from about a 10 roll. I still pulled about a car length away from him then i just let off. We did this about 3 times and he never pulled. The new tiburons have some balls, much more than the old ones.
    nice kill although the 5.0 mustangs had significantly less hp then my year mustang (99-04). I think the older 5.0 had something like 220 hp. I could be wrong on that number. And yea the stock tiburon is a joke...the one I raced definetly had stuff done to it.
    Magnaflow Catback

Quote Originally Posted by ak_wrx
    The new tiburons have some balls, much more than the old ones.
    The 03 to 05 Tiburons have the same hp and torque I believe (around 170 hp and 180 tq), and weigh in at about 3000 lbs. So they are basically low 7 sec 0 - 60 and mid to low 15 sec 1/4 mile cars.
    Magnaflow Catback

Good Kills. The new tibs are quick when they are supercharged. Ive seen a vid of one toasting an Srt-4.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Good Kills. The new tibs are quick when they are supercharged. Ive seen a vid of one toasting an Srt-4.
    hah thanks...but when you supercharge any car they usually are pretty quick. I seriously doubt the tib I raced was supercharged, cause if it was thats sad lol
    Magnaflow Catback

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.