Mustang GT vs WRX and Tiburon GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mustang GT vs WRX and Tiburon GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 5spdBlack hah thanks...but when you supercharge any car they usually are pretty quick. I seriously doubt the ...

Quote Originally Posted by 5spdBlack
    hah thanks...but when you supercharge any car they usually are pretty quick. I seriously doubt the tib I raced was supercharged, cause if it was thats sad lol
    Yea I know, I mean the tiburon should come from the factory with an option to be supercharged. That would be sweet. I really like the car.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My wife has a 2003 v6 Tib and it's pretty fast. With an intake,exhaust, headers, it is quite fast. Fast enough to edge out a stock wrx from a roll.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    Yea I know, I mean the tiburon should come from the factory with an option to be supercharged. That would be sweet. I really like the car.
    Yea true then the car would be a serious performer...but it would still be a tiburon and fwd
    2002 Black Mustang GT 5spd
    Magnaflow Catback
    Short throw and X-pipe soon...

i've drivien both 4 and 6cyl Tiburon and pushed them, they are good cars. they are not serious performers, but for the money they ain't bad at all. plus i think they look good

I have an 03 Carbon Blue Tib back in FL. Personally, I thought it just was not fast enough considering how fast it looks from an exterior point of view. I am to understand that they do get some pretty respectable numbers with that Alpine supercharger kit, but the price is kind of steep!!! But I would definitely take a WRX or a Mustang GT over one considering that I test drove an 05 Tiburon GT with all the options I guess. They were asking like $22,095 which is just a little less than I payed for my SRT. If they dropped the priced of the Tib by a couple thousand, then I believe that it would find it's niche in the market!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004
    I have an 03 Carbon Blue Tib back in FL. Personally, I thought it just was not fast enough considering how fast it looks from an exterior point of view. I am to understand that they do get some pretty respectable numbers with that Alpine supercharger kit, but the price is kind of steep!!! But I would definitely take a WRX or a Mustang GT over one considering that I test drove an 05 Tiburon GT with all the options I guess. They were asking like $22,095 which is just a little less than I payed for my SRT. If they dropped the priced of the Tib by a couple thousand, then I believe that it would find it's niche in the market!!!
    Yea, but you have to consider all the things the Tib comes with even though its 22k: (leather, 6spd, sunroof, power everything, multi disk cd changer, 17in rims, stainless steel tipped exaust) thats a lot for a 22k car. And they are sorta quick for that price. They are more of a complete car as oppose to a single focus (performance) car. An example being the srt-4
    Magnaflow Catback

Yea, but you have to consider all the things the Tib comes with even though its 22k: (leather, 6spd, sunroof, power everything, multi disk cd changer, 17in rims, stainless steel tipped exaust) thats a lot for a 22k car. And they are sorta quick for that price. They are more of a complete car as oppose to a single focus (performance) car. An example being the srt-4

my friend only paid 18k for his fully loaded v6 tib ... i don't know if the price went up since then. but it was a good deal.

I'm sorry, but I think the Tib is butt-ugly, especially the older styles. They just don't look... right.

RE: Mustangs. You can never ever think you have an idea what one has under the hood as it is probably the single most modded car around. The parts available for the 5.0s are staggering, and the 4.6 (2 valve) parts are getting there too. The 4.6 (3 valve) is so new that there are not a whole variety of mods available. And the car HAS to be computer tuned after modding. Welcome to the Matrix?

I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Here's how I see it:

One thing, the back seat is minimal in size!! The SRT has much more room.

Whatever material it was that was around the door handles on the Tib started to flake/peel apart within 2 months of ownership. Same with around the shifter and a couple other areas. So I'm going to have to say the materials are a slight bit better in the SRT, although the ergonomics is a toss up.

The SRT comes with the 17in rims, sunroof, multi disk cd changer and chrome tipped exhaust also, so the Tib doesn't exactly have any advantage on that level because almost NONE of that stuff is standard on a Tib.

The cargo capacity is some-what comparable ,although the Tib is a hatch back, between the two cars. I felt they both had a decent sized trunk.

I personally felt their were WAY more blind spots in the Tiburon.

It's not a "NEON", but it is still a "Hyundai"

And their are many more factors that lead me to believe that the SRT is in fact a more well-rounded car. I am not saying the Tibruon is a bad car. If I was, I would have sold the one I have in FL. I just feel that you're not getting what you pay for when you buy those cars, that if you're going to pay the 22K, you might as well pay a couple thousand more and have the car include a supercharger, lighter rims and a great suspension!!! I think it should be possible for Hyundai to put a Tib on the market for around 24-25K with those options!!!
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSRT2004
    I'm going to have to disagree on this one. Here's how I see it:

One thing, the back seat is minimal in size!! The SRT has much more room.

Whatever material it was that was around the door handles on the Tib started to flake/peel apart within 2 months of ownership. Same with around the shifter and a couple other areas. So I'm going to have to say the materials are a slight bit better in the SRT, although the ergonomics is a toss up.

The SRT comes with the 17in rims, sunroof, multi disk cd changer and chrome tipped exhaust also, so the Tib doesn't exactly have any advantage on that level because almost NONE of that stuff is standard on a Tib.

The cargo capacity is some-what comparable ,although the Tib is a hatch back, between the two cars. I felt they both had a decent sized trunk.

I personally felt their were WAY more blind spots in the Tiburon.

It's not a "NEON", but it is still a "Hyundai"

And their are many more factors that lead me to believe that the SRT is in fact a more well-rounded car. I am not saying the Tibruon is a bad car. If I was, I would have sold the one I have in FL. I just feel that you're not getting what you pay for when you buy those cars, that if you're going to pay the 22K, you might as well pay a couple thousand more and have the car include a supercharger, lighter rims and a great suspension!!! I think it should be possible for Hyundai to put a Tib on the market for around 24-25K with those options!!!
    FYI i was talking about the v-6 Tib...however in response to your post:

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the v-6 tib come standard with multi cd changer, leather, sunroof, 17 in rims, crome dual exhaust tips, 6 spd shifter, better gas mileage, more pleasing exterior and interior (to the average person), as well as a 10 year 100,000 miles powertrain warrenty? That sounds like a pretty good deal for 22k. Although the srt-4 is also a great deal it was created mainly as "cheap" speed that the younger enthusiasts could afford. And that's cool but the tib (v-6) was made for the same reason but just comes packed with more "stuff" making it (in my mind) a better overall car for someone who is looking for little bit of everything in a car. Also, you stated that interior parts began to wear on the tib you had, i've never heard about that before that's probaly a fluke. And there's no way you can deny the poor quality of materials used on the srt-4's interior (aside from the viper inspired seats).
    Magnaflow Catback

My gf's 2005 was only 18k for her GT fully loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83
    My gf's 2005 was only 18k for her GT fully loaded.
    damnnnnnn that's a good deal
    Magnaflow Catback

18K for a fullt loaded 05 Mustang GT?

*raise the flag*

Unless you are stealing it off the factory floor, MSRP is what you can expect on a new 'Stang... and 18K is something like 5 or 6 grand below that... I'm calling it...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    18K for a fullt loaded 05 Mustang GT?

*raise the flag*

Unless you are stealing it off the factory floor, MSRP is what you can expect on a new 'Stang... and 18K is something like 5 or 6 grand below that... I'm calling it...
    Haha he's talking about a Tiburon GT no way you could get a new mustang for that...
    Magnaflow Catback

FYI i was talking about the v-6 Tib...however in response to your post:

Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the v-6 tib come standard with multi cd changer, leather, sunroof, 17 in rims, crome dual exhaust tips, 6 spd shifter, better gas mileage, more pleasing exterior and interior (to the average person), as well as a 10 year 100,000 miles powertrain warrenty? That sounds like a pretty good deal for 22k. Although the srt-4 is also a great deal it was created mainly as "cheap" speed that the younger enthusiasts could afford. And that's cool but the tib (v-6) was made for the same reason but just comes packed with more "stuff" making it (in my mind) a better overall car for someone who is looking for little bit of everything in a car. Also, you stated that interior parts began to wear on the tib you had, i've never heard about that before that's probaly a fluke. And there's no way you can deny the poor quality of materials used on the srt-4's interior (aside from the viper inspired seats).

Actually, I believe the V6 Tib can come in a 5 spd, 6 spd, and automatic. And they also come with the 16" wheels, so 17's are not standard. Here's a little breakdown that I've seen:

Year 2004 2004 2004

Make Hyundai Dodge Hyundai

Model Tiburon Neon SRT-4 Tiburon

Trim GT V6 Special 4dr Sedan
    Edition 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M) GT V6 2dr Coupe
    (2.7L 6cyl 6M (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

Doors 2 4 2

Body Type Hatchback Sedan Hatchback

Engine Size 2.7L 2.4L 2.7L

Horsepower 172 hp 225 hp 170 hp

Hwy. Mileage 26mpg 30mpg 26mpg

City Mileage 18 mpg 22 mpg 19 mpg

Seating Capacity 4/4 passengers 5/5 passengers 4/4 passengers

Original MSRP $21,037 $20,995 $18,739

The SRT has better gas mileage, more seating capacity, more room, more horsepower, better braking, better slalom, etc. I'm not trying to knock the Tiburon at all, I'm just saying you get much more out of the SRT for about the same price, in my opinion. But I will agree, the interior of the SRT is definitely "lacking."
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12