WRX vs Magnum R/T
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs Magnum R/T within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WOW. I was really shocked at how slow this car was. I know it's big and heavy but I expected ...

WRX vs Magnum R/T

WOW. I was really shocked at how slow this car was. I know it's big and heavy but I expected a better race since it was a 5.7 HEMI. Without launching by the time we hit 80mph I had 1 1/2 cars on him.

It sounded mean but I'm thinking someone put HEMI badging on a normal Magnum. Anyone else run an R/T before? Same results or different?
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    WOW. I was really shocked at how slow this car was. I know it's big and heavy but I expected a better race since it was a 5.7 HEMI. Without launching by the time we hit 80mph I had 1 1/2 cars on him.

It sounded mean but I'm thinking someone put HEMI badging on a normal Magnum. Anyone else run an R/T before? Same results or different?
    yes, I ran a modded one and walked him pretty bad. He had some goodies, maybe even FI, I dunno, but It definitely was lowered, on rims, with exhaust. My mods are DBZ 18G /TXS TMIC, w/supporting mods.

I ran one w/ exhaust at the track once, needless to say I had a few bus lenghts on the guy by the end. He ran a 14.7 to my 12.xx something
    aquamisted wagon
    12.4 @ 111

Quote Originally Posted by KCREXwagon
    I ran one w/ exhaust at the track once, needless to say I had a few bus lenghts on the guy by the end. He ran a 14.7 to my 12.xx something
    OUCH.. I had no clue.. I thought they were allot faster then that. I guess this was a real R/T.

There was no doubt this guy had an exhaust on it. The sounds was awesom. I'm wondering what else he had done to it.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

You guys are racing retards How did a Magnum run 14.7 WITH exhaust when they run 14.5 stock? Its not the hemis fault I destroyed a WRX on the freeway over the weekend. We were merging at the same time and he was trying to get into my lane and get ahead of me. Went from about 50mph-90mph and I had a good 4 lengths on him at least. I am not stock and the 300C runs faster than the Magnum but they still shouldnt be THAT slow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mball
    You guys are racing retards How did a Magnum run 14.7 WITH exhaust when they run 14.5 stock?
    Umm....Track conditions? Weather?

You guys are racing retards How did a Magnum run 14.7 WITH exhaust when they run 14.5 stock? Its not the hemis fault I destroyed a WRX on the freeway over the weekend. We were merging at the same time and he was trying to get into my lane and get ahead of me. Went from about 50mph-90mph and I had a good 4 lengths on him at least. I am not stock and the 300C runs faster than the Magnum but they still shouldnt be THAT slow.
    dude..... you're the racing moron. 14.5 is MAGAZINE TIME, meaning professional driver, good track conditions. IDIOT.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxaddicted
    dude..... you're the racing moron. 14.5 is MAGAZINE TIME, meaning professional driver, good track conditions. IDIOT.
    Actually, magazine times are more like 14.6-14.8

You guys are racing retards How did a Magnum run 14.7 WITH exhaust when they run 14.5 stock.
    sorry, didn't mean to come off as a ****, but your post I quoted just bugged me.

J-H
    well, mball only has bad things to say about the WRX. I have been noticing this. At some point he di dnot even know the difference between a WRX and a STI. Sorry man....

My car sounds like a LIGER.......ERZ + SPT = LOUD......pretty much one of my favorite sounds.....

JH

You guys are racing retards
    What do I care.. I won..
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Magnum Hemi R/T vs Stage 1 WRX

I raced a Hemi Magnum tonight. it was bone stock from what i could tell and a middled aged guy driving it hard. I was back about 50 yrds watching him gun it from every stop he came to so I decided to catch up and see what he would do. we pulled up a light side by side, nothing in front of us on the road and he was making sure I knew it was a hemi by reving it up several times, looking at his budding he the passenger seat and laughing. light turns green and we are off -- he spun a little but not much...before i was out of first gear, i was probably 2 cars in front of him, by the end of 2nd, 4 or so lengths. Midway through 3rd i let off...a few seconds later he came speeding by ...i dont know if he thought he actually won or not. i thought it would have given more of a race than that...and i actually had a thought that i may lose that race before pulling up next to him. my wife said that she thought it would have been a lot closer being the hemi one and laughed when he sped by after i was slowing down...
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    I raced a Hemi Magnum tonight. it was bone stock from what i could tell and a middled aged guy driving it hard. I was back about 50 yrds watching him gun it from every stop he came to so I decided to catch up and see what he would do. we pulled up a light side by side, nothing in front of us on the road and he was making sure I knew it was a hemi by reving it up several times, looking at his budding he the passenger seat and laughing. light turns green and we are off -- he spun a little but not much...before i was out of first gear, i was probably 2 cars in front of him, by the end of 2nd, 4 or so lengths. Midway through 3rd i let off...a few seconds later he came speeding by ...i dont know if he thought he actually won or not. i thought it would have given more of a race than that...and i actually had a thought that i may lose that race before pulling up next to him. my wife said that she thought it would have been a lot closer being the hemi one and laughed when he sped by after i was slowing down...
    you're not stock are you??
    they call STi's STDs because everyone is getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by amukaoen
    you're not stock are you??
    hes stage 1... sometimes it helps to read post titles.

grayson, nice run.

those things are kinda quick. anyways, when you shut down, tap your brakes so the guy knows that you shut down, so he doesnt think he won.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast