Suzuki GSXR 1000 Encounter - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Suzuki GSXR 1000 Encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; think im gonna call bad rider.... cause a gixxer 1k is no lightweight, maybe the guy was scared to relly ...

think im gonna call bad rider.... cause a gixxer 1k is no lightweight, maybe the guy was scared to relly get in the bike.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am an ex-motorcycle rider and a current owner of an sti. I have ridden several bikes including a 9r, a new 10r, several yamahas and several suzukis(I owned a sv650.) I don't care if you strapped a rocket to the top of an sti, a litre bike would still crush it. However, with motorcycles becoming more popular than ever and more people buying a motorcycle, there is a wide range of motorcyclists on the road. There are several riders on the road who are buying litre bikes and have never even been on a bike. You can see where I am going with this. Any thing is possible, we all know this. The first time I full throttled that 10r I nealry crapped myself.

I've noticed that new riders with very powerful bikes are more than a little scared of romping on the throttle as the bike will easily hoist the front in the lower gears. That might be a reason they don't take off very fast...

My ZRX1200R is a slow turd (mid 10s) compared to the new superbikes, but I'm not too worried about a 300whp scooby ruining my day.

Edit: I also wonder what the F people are thinking getting a 10R or gixxer1k for their first bike...

I lot of guys will ride just fast enough to make you think you have a chance. It is not worth the clutch to launch with a 80-100mph first gear when a lazy launch will suffice. A strong WRX can launch about as well as a bike. Very similar 60' times. So with a good launch vs a lazy one and a rider toying around, this could happen.

My buddy has an 03 that dynoed at 157 with a bigger rear sprocket. Insane power. Anything less than fourth gear and I couldnt pin it full throttle.

Forget racing it. Even in 6th gear 50-100 comes faster than any car Ive driven at full scoot. I can only imagine what it was capable of in 2nd or 3rd. Id venture to give it a 0-100 time of 6 seconds if ridden properly. As crazy as it sounds and anyone who has experienced it will know, 140 is almost comfortable on a 1000.

Honestly, if it was me on the bike out there racing it would look like someone could beat a liter bike. I consider myself a talented driver, but when it comes to bikes a couple thousand miles isnt enough experience to give a liter bike its full potential without worry of looping it and landing on my ass. Id say a good 90% of the guys and girls on liter bikes will never see its full potential in any facet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12