Forester XT Vs. G35 Sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Forester XT Vs. G35 Sedan within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I pull behind a black G35 sedan driving quick as hell through traffic and we catch a light. (I am ...

Forester XT Vs. G35 Sedan

I pull behind a black G35 sedan driving quick as hell through traffic and we catch a light. (I am behind him at this point) Light turns green, he guns it and I pull up beside him and catch another light. At this point he is probably wondering how he didnt blow me away.
    Light turns green and I launch at 3500 rpm's and by the end of 3rd I have about 7 lenghts on him. (Please note that he did screech his tires in the beginning but when he saw how much I had on him he slowed down)
    I slowed down to give a thumbs up but he just gunned it and didnt look over

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow I'm impressed... had no idea the Foresters were that fast .

I've never raced a G35 (except on a road course...05 G35 6spd) but 7 car lengths...damn. I think G35 manuals can run very low 14s @ 98ish which should be a little slower than what the Forester runs. He probably saw you lunge out and then just gave up. Seeing an AWD car get an awesome launch on the street and then just scoot away can be very discouraging, especially when you don't have enough power (or traction) to quickly catch up.

You really start to take traction for granted when you drive an AWD car. I remember how hard it was to launch my RSX (FWD no LSD....ugh). As long as you don't bog, the STi (and I would imagine the Forester) just flies off the line with minimal wheelspin.
    Last edited by Digitalfiend; 06-26-2005 at 10:28 PM.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Quote Originally Posted by thsiaoo
    Wow I'm impressed... had no idea the Foresters were that fast .
    high 13's stock!
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

There is a tan forester in superrupair having maintence done that has a vf22, tmic,exhaust and some other stuff that I was told put down 268hp to the wheels. It looks great with the little shade thing on the window for children riding in the backseat.
    2003 ///M3
    2001 325i
    1993 Legacy SS

Let's face it - Subaru builds the best sleepers!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.