2 for the price of one baby

This is a discussion on 2 for the price of one baby within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving my stg 2 rex around town tonight when I came to a stop light. The light turns ...

2 for the price of one baby

I was driving my stg 2 rex around town tonight when I came to a stop light. The light turns green and all of a sudden I hear tires squeal and a supercharger whine. Without looking over I double-step the clutch and proceed to pull first gear as hard as I can (realizing I'm getting sucker punched. I looked over just before shifting to second and I see the front end of a Buick Riviera (must be supercharged)peak-a-booing just in front of my b-pillar,so I take it seriously. I floor it in second and walked away hard. He gives up around 50mph at about 2-3 car lengths behind.
    So I'm thinking cool that was sweet and like a dumbdork I put on my hazards for a second. Well I must have gotten some attention because all of a sudden a Dodge Dakota r/t comes flying after me. He proceeds to move to the left lane and pass hard, so I shift to third and equal him out by about 70 mph so he can't pass me before the up coming red light. We stop, the light goes green I quickly put on about 3-4k rpm's and do a semi-launch with alot of clutch slippage and he obviously hits it to right behind me. I walked away again, and he gives in at about 50-60mph at about 5 car lengths. I turn on the next street and disappear from him literally in the sunset. The End.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Brings a tear to my eye. Hopefuly, I'll being doing some races myself soon, too.
    But at the track <Sarcasm/ > *Cough*
    Anyway...Nice.
    -Meatball

Good kills. I can picture the boxer rumble going off into the sunset. Man I miss how my car sounded.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

hmm I never had anyone even try to run me in Toooledo. But thats a good thing cause I'd hate to have a cop pull me over. Glad you had fun, and glad the local po-po didn't find you
    - chris
    04 wrx, 04 corvette, 66 GTO
    ACT installed at 36k...new Gears at 44k...

Quote Originally Posted by bluerex47
    hmm I never had anyone even try to run me in Toooledo. But thats a good thing cause I'd hate to have a cop pull me over. Glad you had fun, and glad the local po-po didn't find you
    You guys are so right. I mean I am really starting to have serious second thought about racing on the street. I mean the consequences are so high. Impound, arrested, jail time I someone gets killed just to name a few. I mean I really have decided to cut it doen or out, but the way that Buick started caught me off guard, and like a reflex I side-stepped the clutch and was off to the races again. It's so addicting, I really need some help. I have to admit that it's starting to scare me a bit. I mean what if I actually ended up killing someone? It would never be worth that!
    I'd like to go to a track but that is rarely available, and I can hardly imagine that holding the "fix" over a day or so. Oh well, I need some sleep I'm rambling. Sorry.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

So many people get all huffy about street racing as if it was some new fad. It has been going on for ages. I don't think the occasional "fun" is a bad thing as long as you use commonsense. Given the right circumstances (open area, no traffic, etc), a quick little stoplight race to 60 or 80 isn't really a big deal. The problem is that kids today don't use their brains. Weaving in and out of traffic, racing in populated areas (city limits, residential areas etc), egos, and excessive speed are the problems.

Definitely take it to the track if you can but the occasional run here or there is fine if you use commonsense.
    2005 Aspen White STi

exactly, I know people my fathers age and older that have been street racing since they were teens in the 60's and 70's, hell alot if them still do it every now and then, so its not like any kind of "new " thing. The thing is, you just have to use common sense. When theirs traffic around just keep off it, let the ricer who just flew past you revving his civic dodge through rushour traffic like a moron, he'll likely get a ticket or worse.

Theres nothign wrong, though, with a little fun every now and then, you just have to be smart about it. I try to get to the track whenever I get the itch, but theres still those times when you just run into cars or people and want to have a go. The track can be boring sometimes, because you know how fast most of the cars are, unless you just got there its been posted every now and then for all to see....there will always be that allure of the unknown with streetracing, you never know what the other guys got...
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'