E46 m3 vs My Sti (bunch of races roll/launch and cool guys too)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on E46 m3 vs My Sti (bunch of races roll/launch and cool guys too) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was at the local mall buying a birthday present for a friend. Me and my friend were pulling out ...

E46 m3 vs My Sti (bunch of races roll/launch and cool guys too)

i was at the local mall buying a birthday present for a friend. Me and my friend were pulling out and some e46 m3 pulls up next to me and asks me to run. We do a 2nd gear roll at 45mph, not the greatest place for a sti (i should of probably put it in 3rd. We were head to head till like 90 than we layed off. So he wants to run more. We do a 1st gear roll this time around 20mph and i get a jump on him, i had him by a bumper ot 1/2 car. I had a passenger in my car he had a passenger in his car also. BTW its freakn hot here, in the 90's and you know how our cars perform in the heat, plus im on ****ty 91 octane. We go off a launch and he got something he didnt expect. I guess he didnt know the capabilities of awd. I had him off the launch by a good 3 cars and just kept getting worst (i guess he gave up). He was a very cool guy. We pulled into a german import/modding shop he knows. His friend comes out and his friend is a better driver so they switch drivers and we go again. At this point this that kids dad is at the shop also and his friends dad is at the shop also. He was telling him how fast my car was off a launch etc etc. His dad wants to see it. So we go again 2 in my car 2 in his. Off a launch up to about 100 and with the better driver. I had him by a good 2-3 cars from what i could tell. We go from a 15mph and this is a nice spot for my car, i hop on him by about half a car and just hold it up the about 100, nobody gaining or losing. He wasnt smg either, it was a manual transmission. Guy was pretty much shocked by sti performance and he was amazed at the launches i was pulling off. We went back and original driver came and we raced again right in front of the shop cause his dad wanted to see my car launch and once again i had him off a stop of course. We went 25mph roll in first gear and he was ahead by about a bumper. It really sucks going that high because i shift so quick and he doesnt so its his advantage with those tall gears. We than went from 30mph him in 1st me in 2nd and i took him by about a bumper. I finally got him to run 2nd gear roll at 30mph and with nice sti low end torque i had him by a car. It was amazing, all these races on a nice open road. Getting props from these guys parents. I just wish it was at night so it wasnt so damn hot. Car feels slower in the heat.

Mods. His m3 was stock e46. My STI has a cobb stage 2 reflash with a helix downpipe and stock catback. Cant wait for an actual catback and a tune.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ahh yes...yet another successful story of what our cars are capable of. Good drivin. Man, am I glad I own a subie
    Last edited by Chi-Town_Rex; 06-25-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Nice Kill !!!

ps: see that u finally got the 05 STi!! I think white STi look the best!
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

great runs man..........how come 91 oct?

Quote Originally Posted by Mid117
    great runs man..........how come 91 oct?
    I think 91 oct is the highest they can get there in CA.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
    Nice Kill !!!

ps: see that u finally got the 05 STi!! I think white STi look the best!

yup, thank you!

and yeah, best octane we have in california is 91 octane....i think it was pretty good for all that heat. A cool summer night i would of done better off a roll. Oh well, still fun
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

nice races.

Cant a stock STi take an M3 too, obviously it would be closer though?
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

M3 is my favorite car to run.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Nice runs! Its rare to get a scenerio like that where you can keep having runs without interruption.
    2004 Cobra 500/501 SAE
    11.5 @ 120 hotlapped
    *Sold* 2004 STI 20g
    11.7 @ 116, 11.9 @ 118

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    nice races.

Cant a stock STi take an M3 too, obviously it would be closer though?
    If racing off the line, the Sti would have the edge at first, but the e46 will creep up. From a roll the e46 would win of course. Those M3 are no joke and is a beast from roll races. Such a perfect car in my book...
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

props to teh M3 owner n' parents...
    nice to hear thurr are still cool peeps like them...

nice kill...

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    If racing off the line, the Sti would have the edge at first, but the e46 will creep up. From a roll the e46 would win of course. Those M3 are no joke and is a beast from roll races. Such a perfect car in my book...
    I raced a couple m3's in my once stock '05 STi. running on 90 octane (best here in clovis,nm) 1st one, we ran from like 40, had him by a car or two by 85-90 the second one, I had just my HKS catback on (for sound ) we raced 3 times, a 80mph role, 70mph role and a 50mph role, and I just walked him everytime, about 2 bumpers a second. I'm not sure if the first was modded, but the second m3 was stock, and I could just hear his engine whine, as I was walking him.

Quote Originally Posted by jgheels2003
    Nice runs! Its rare to get a scenerio like that where you can keep having runs without interruption.
    I was thinking the same thing. I sure wish that was the case around here.

Nice kills man

good runs allen.

Glad to see you putting your stageII to use and going around town beating $60,000 luxury coupes
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    I raced a couple m3's in my once stock '05 STi. running on 90 octane (best here in clovis,nm) 1st one, we ran from like 40, had him by a car or two by 85-90 the second one, I had just my HKS catback on (for sound ) we raced 3 times, a 80mph role, 70mph role and a 50mph role, and I just walked him everytime, about 2 bumpers a second. I'm not sure if the first was modded, but the second m3 was stock, and I could just hear his engine whine, as I was walking him.
    Have to call bull**** on this one, unless you're talkin about e36 m3's.
    If you're beating e46's thats...
    Z33

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.