E46 m3 vs My Sti (bunch of races roll/launch and cool guys too) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on E46 m3 vs My Sti (bunch of races roll/launch and cool guys too) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex good runs allen. Glad to see you putting your stageII to use and going around ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    good runs allen.

Glad to see you putting your stageII to use and going around town beating $60,000 luxury coupes
    thank you , i cant wait till i'm real stage 2 + a tune

stock e46 m3 vs a sti? off a stop m3 stick with good drivers pull of 13.3-13.5 quarter mile times. Sti's do somewhere from 13.1-13.5 depending on drivers. (some beasts run 12.9 with awesome drivers)

stock m3 vs a stock sti off a roll??i'd definitely give the edge to the m3. m3 does 0-150 in something like 35 second, sti takes about 50. M3 traps at about 105-107mph, sti traps between 102-105 with msot drivers doing 101-103. You shouldnt be able to pull on a m3 off a roll stock unless its a convertible m3. I beat those stock off a low end roll. Also the lower you go in speed in gears, better advantage for sti. E46 has no low end torque, its almost nothing till high revs. Sti and m3 are 2 totally different cars so it really depends on conditions, gears. It was in the mid 90's as far as heat goes and that really does kill my cars power, i think everyone with a turbo car would agree with that. Also usually he would hit it first and i'd punch right after. 2nd gear roll at 30mph i did have him good but like i said, no low end torque for m3 so thats nothing.

Stock sti shouldnt take a stock e46 m3 (hardtop not convertible) off a roll but sh!t happens.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyC.
    I raced a couple m3's in my once stock '05 STi. running on 90 octane (best here in clovis,nm) 1st one, we ran from like 40, had him by a car or two by 85-90 the second one, I had just my HKS catback on (for sound ) we raced 3 times, a 80mph role, 70mph role and a 50mph role, and I just walked him everytime, about 2 bumpers a second. I'm not sure if the first was modded, but the second m3 was stock, and I could just hear his engine whine, as I was walking him.
    uhhhh, I dont know about that.
    just one M3 is one thing, but to beat two E46 M3's in a stock STi from 40+mph rolls.
    STi traps about 3mph less does not move as well up top (over 100mph)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

don't know what kind of m3's they were, since I know nothing about m3's. all I saw was m3 badging, and them trying to start a race, by seeing me, and taking off through gas station's and parking lot's kinda quick, and me chasing

okay than it sounds like you raced an e36 m3, stock sti has no business messing around with an e46 m3 at those type of rolls.

to me, its an "all mighty m3" now if I were to know what type I was racing, I would still prolly race it, but dunno, all I know is that I gotta watch out for the m5's, for now

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    okay than it sounds like you raced an e36 m3, stock sti has no business messing around with an e46 m3 at those type of rolls.
    W3RD
    13.7 at 98.74 MPH / Stock TD04 & No EM

e46 = 330 crank hp and 260(I believe) ft/lbs of tq

sti = 300hp and 300 ft/lbs tq.

tq does matter for something....

e46's are nice, and expensive, and not the fastest thing in the world for 50k for a decent new one. I'm wanting to buy a used e46 when I graduate and spend another $10k on a turbo kit, but they're one of my favorite "semi-expensive" cars...

don't know what kind of m3's they were, since I know nothing about m3's. all I saw was m3 badging, and them trying to start a race, by seeing me, and taking off through gas station's and parking lot's kinda quick, and me chasing

E36 M3 (probably what you raced because these can be beaten by stock STi's.)

E46 M3 (probably not what you raced, unless the was in the wrong gear or something because these beat stock STi's.)
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

man that e46 looks so sweet..nice pic

all I know is that I gotta watch out for the m5's, for now

or the new 400 HP new M3.
    Lancer Evolution V///

439 WHP / 362 TQ TTR 50 Trim on pump @ 23psi.
    11.6 @ 120mph 1.6 60' (11/11/06)

Quote Originally Posted by WiCkeDrEx
    If racing off the line, the Sti would have the edge at first, but the e46 will creep up. From a roll the e46 would win of course. Those M3 are no joke and is a beast from roll races. Such a perfect car in my book...
    SUPRAS are no jokes from a roll
    i love M3's too though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12