99RT Neon

This is a discussion on 99RT Neon within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My friend owns one and heavily modded it w/ srt4 turbo, manifold, injectors; walbro pump; Megasquirt EM; P&P head; Turbo ...

99RT Neon

My friend owns one and heavily modded it w/ srt4 turbo, manifold, injectors; walbro pump; Megasquirt EM; P&P head; Turbo XS HPBC and ghetto rigged TMIC running 5psi. koni coilovers, strut tower bracers F&B, negative camber.

Before running stock he was running high 15's low 16's. I thought I could kill him once he got his FI running right. I thought wrong

From a stop i would get the jump(of course) but he wouldn't be far behind maybe 1 1/2 car lengths at the end(at most)

on a 40 roll, He pulled car length till upshift, (i'm still in 2nd but only for couple seconds) I would pass till about 1/2 car length and we stayed like that till the end.

I have much respect for his car power after our couple runs. He did all the work himself w/ some of my mechanical help and tuned himself.

Well he finally got his car tuned properly and decided to up the boost to 7psi(everyone who owns same exact setup as him says its safe to run 8psi) and blew his compression rings

Now hes getting forged internals....... all i got to say is that hes going to be running low 12's imo once he is done.

Just my shout out for his car i'll never say" its just a neon" when i see some neons anymore
    02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2 93OCT on 91OCT map -13.708 SEC / 097.84 MPH / 1.86 60 ft @ No Problem Raceway

02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2.5 93OCT- 12.9 SEC @ No Problem Raceway
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i miss my 98 rt

It's still a neon!
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125