WRX vs. STi...

This is a discussion on WRX vs. STi... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Me (03 WRX- Manifold,UP,DP, Test pipe, catback, DIY intake, stock boost) Him (05 Sti- Stock) We were at a stop ...

WRX vs. STi...

Me (03 WRX- Manifold,UP,DP, Test pipe, catback, DIY intake, stock boost)
    Him (05 Sti- Stock)

We were at a stop light along with an SRT-4 and nobody was revving so I figure no racing. The SRT shoots out in front and the STi and myself hit it at about the same time. He pulls about a car on me immediately, but to my surprise I slowly start to reel him in (The SRT was long gone since he got about a 3 car head start). At about 65 we were even and by 80 I had actually pulled (like half a fender) on the STi. I couldn't believe it. I don't know if I should be really proud or if I should have pulled more?
    All I know is that once I get the FMIC and EM it should be good fun

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have thought that a WRX needs to be at least a stage 3 to compete with a stock STi... maybe I am mistaken, but could he have not been trying, or maybe he wasn't driving as well as he should have?

Regardless, nice outcome!
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Nice race, I've yet to beat a modded wrx since I got my STi, but thats probably my own fault.

Nice to see you have a quick wrx there.. But I'm not too sure he was even racing, unless he was a horrible driver, or even shifting at the break-in point 4k. I used to race lightly modded wrx's stage 3's when I was stock, and unless I give them a 1 car from a dig, theres was no catching me to 100. Not saying it wasn't true, cause anything can happen on the street, I've taken out a supercharged 5.0 foxbody mustang putting down around 450-500whp, on da street, but anyways, nice race.

SC'd fox chucking down 450+ atw? What do you consider "taking out" 100foot dash to the next stoplight?

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    I have thought that a WRX needs to be at least a stage 3 to compete with a stock STi... maybe I am mistaken, but could he have not been trying, or maybe he wasn't driving as well as he should have?

Regardless, nice outcome!
    Stage 2 (Cobb) WRXs I've seen run mid- to high 13s, which is what most stock STIs run. Stage 2.5 WRXs get into the high 12s and stage 3, I hope, would be in the low 12s, which is quite a bit faster than a stock STI.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    SC'd fox chucking down 450+ atw? What do you consider "taking out" 100foot dash to the next stoplight?
    actually 0-110 were he finally gains traction outta 3rd and starts to pull, very fast,

my buddy bliztwinter has an 02 Stage 2 wrx Upipe TBE stock intake and Cobb stage 2 map and i've seen him pull on 05 STI'S he's soon to be powered by VF34
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

goes to show, every encounter and race on the street isn't always the same