Anyone got the balls to race... a K CAR!?!?!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone got the balls to race... a K CAR!?!?! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; heheh, this is pretty good, I remember getting parts and advice from this guy when I had a turbo daytona, ...

Thumbs up Anyone got the balls to race... a K CAR!?!?!

heheh, this is pretty good, I remember getting parts and advice from this guy when I had a turbo daytona, he's pretty cool, and obviously knows his way around a turbo
    http://www.thedodgegarage.com/ just click on 'the reliant' on the left side of the screen

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My dad had one of those in the early 80's

I guess its no different that people who make 10-second civics....you can make ANY car into a monster if you want.

I'd love to see an 8-second Trabant though....that would be hot....or one of those messerschmitt mini's

http://www.pcsystems.com/messerschmitt/mess.html
    Last edited by blarg; 06-24-2005 at 08:31 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Yea the Reliant is ok....but I think the Turbo Caravan is way cooler......how sweet would it be to smoke some riced out Civic or jerk in a mustang GT with your late 80's Caravan that runs 14's.....

I can just see the mustang owners face....probably something like this ->
    Cobb Stage 2.5 VF-34 + uppipe
    Best ET so far - 13.1@103 with a 1.81 60'

there was a guy at the Rim of the World Rally car show with an 10 second minivan. I swear that thing had a turbo that was bigger than the motor!!!!
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

No matter how fast that van is, I can't see wasting your money?
    I guess what ever your into?
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by TurboWill
    No matter how fast that van is, I can't see wasting your money?
    I guess what ever your into?
    Look at what he paid for the minivan, or especially that daytona. I think he had like, $2500 into that daytona if that. Yea sure, it's not brand new or AWD, but hell, for a consistant 12sec. car for $2500, and a hell of a sleeper at that, I wouldn't say it's a waste at all!

Wouldn't that be something to bring to the track - with wife and kids in tow.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

I hear that you can run enormous amounts of boost in those old iron blocks, something to the tune of 30 lbs!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Iron blocks are the only way to go with FI cars, IMO. Supras, EVOs, 03+ Cobras, oh yeah, SRT-4s too.
    2002 WRX 352whp & 341ft-lbs *SOLD*
    12.5@109
    2004 SRT4 449whp & 457ft-lbs
    11.6@125

Quote Originally Posted by silverscooby
    Iron blocks are the only way to go with FI cars, IMO. Supras, EVOs, 03+ Cobras, oh yeah, SRT-4s too.
    Maybe in a straight line, but in the corners the aluminum comes in handy. If the WRX was an iron block it would probably handle like crap.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Maybe in a straight line, but in the corners the aluminum comes in handy. If the WRX was an iron block it would probably handle like crap.
    Why does the EVO handle so great then? The supra is no slouch either. My SRT-4 outhandles my old WRX (I do have coilovers on the SRT-4) The only thing an iron block adds is weight, and not much of it when you're talking about a 4 cylinder. You can shed weight in numerous places. Like I said, give me an iron block any day. Take a look at all the motors import or domestic that have a reputation for being stout and notice they all have iron blocks.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

My friend gets his dad's Daytona in a month, or so....Hmm...He wants to race so bad but...
    ...I went his house when he had the keys, he wanted to show me how he could rev the engine, so we hopped in the car, he then tries to turn the car on...
    ...I tell him that he needs to hold the brake/clutch in to be able to start it. He then asks where the clutch is located, so I tell him...He starts the car and panics...Asking me (I'm in the passanger seat) how he can rev it, without it "going anywhere"...So I just tell him to hold in the clutch, he asks me around 20 times if I'm sure...Uhm...Of course I'm sure?
    And he wants to race...Everyone starts somewhere, but...Come on...Common sense.
    *Laughs*
    -Meatball

Quote Originally Posted by silverscooby
    Take a look at all the motors import or domestic that have a reputation for being stout and notice they all have iron blocks.
    I agree, however the SR20DET motor is pretty stout for an aluminum block.
    I'm TheBoostCreep, and I approved this message.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoostCreep
    I agree, however the SR20DET motor is pretty stout for an aluminum block.
    Yep, and I dont think all aluminum blocks are **** because there are clearly some good examples of strong ones. On the same token, alot of guys are doing turbo KA24's instead of the SR20's. One of the main reasons is the stronger block for high boosted applications.
    12.5@109
    11.6@125

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.