Ever bait some jerk into a speeding ticket?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Ever bait some jerk into a speeding ticket? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This doesnt work often but tonight, it worked to perfection. I am driving along minding the speed limit in a ...

Thumbs up Ever bait some jerk into a speeding ticket?

This doesnt work often but tonight, it worked to perfection. I am driving along minding the speed limit in a 35mph when a jerk in a new gen Lexus SUV comes up behind me fast, pulls to my right, passes me when his lane is ending and the sign says "DO NOT PASS" and he barely clears my front bumper. Needless to say I am pissed. He pulls over into the left lane as we come to a red light and I was intent on smoking him.

I look up and ahead to check for traffic and such like I always do and spot some Crown Vic headlights on the opposite side of the street about 200 yards up in the left turn lane. Its just sitting there not turning, obviously a cop, this is going to be sweet revenge I look over at the guy in the Lexus who is looking at me and I gun it a few times and turn on my radar detector, nothing yet. Light goes green and I punch it modestly so as not to get the cops attention but enough for the guy to think I am racing. Speed limit opens to 45mph and I pace him and let up at 45-50 as we approach the still not turning cop. By the time we get to him, its definitley a cop and I am right at the speed limit and the fool in the Lexus is still racing and has a couple lengths on me

The cop then flips a U turn and bingo, he turns on his radar and the fool in the Lexus is still going WOT probably close to 80mph by now The cop punches it and flies by me turning on his lights chasing the Lexus. When I get up to them, the cop has caught him and they are pulling over. I pass by and give him the hazard light victory signal So much fun.
    Last edited by mball; 06-23-2005 at 10:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill. done **** like that a few times myself.

A job well done. Nice kill!

I had a soccer mom keep "pushing" me up from 68 in a 55 to around 70, then 75, then more. Yep, I got pulled over and I did get a ticket for 79. However, her plan wasn't completely perfect because the friendly state trooper pulled us both since she was on my bumper and she also got a ticket.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

only word that comes to mind when i read this story is..... OWNED

I remember in college some guy in a V6 Camaro thought he would show all 3.8 liters of his american fury with flowmasters and green turn signals (did I forget the wing that was taller than the roof?). I thought nothing of it and went along my way. After passing me a local officer pulled him over and gave me a look. I wonder how the guy int he camaro felt.

I Support ClubWRX
    I baited someone into a ticket when I was 18. I was cruising in my 280ZX up my local highway when some idiot kid in a brand new Beretta GTU kept pulling up, revving, dropping back, pulling up, revving, dropping back. We both pulled up to a red light, and he instantly started talking isht about my car. He was telling me how much of a POS it was etc etc etc. I decided to ignore him, and just go about my business. I looked ahead and noticed a cop hiding in the bushes up ahead. I thought for a second, and decided to piss this idiot off. I yelled some kind of comment about his rich mommy and daddy buying him a womans car. Well, it worked. He got mad and started spitting out insults and yelling. At that point I decided to put my plan into action. The light was still red. I looked forward, gunned the engine, chirped the tires, and lunged forward, slamming on the brakes right after. This idiot was paying attention to me, not the light, or the cop. He saw me launch (or fake launch), and instantly slammed on the gas without even looking forward. I guess he didn't want to lose. He flew through the red light, almost nailed another car going through the intersection, and got himself pulled over by Mr. Ocifer waiting in the bushes. It was great. I laughed and pointed when I drove past.

Quote Originally Posted by mball
    This doesnt work often but tonight, it worked to perfection. I am driving along minding the speed limit in a 35mph when a jerk in a new gen Lexus SUV comes up behind me fast, pulls to my right, passes me when his lane is ending and the sign says "DO NOT PASS" and he barely clears my front bumper. Needless to say I am pissed. He pulls over into the left lane as we come to a red light and I was intent on smoking him.

I look up and ahead to check for traffic and such like I always do and spot some Crown Vic headlights on the opposite side of the street about 200 yards up in the left turn lane. Its just sitting there not turning, obviously a cop, this is going to be sweet revenge I look over at the guy in the Lexus who is looking at me and I gun it a few times and turn on my radar detector, nothing yet. Light goes green and I punch it modestly so as not to get the cops attention but enough for the guy to think I am racing. Speed limit opens to 45mph and I pace him and let up at 45-50 as we approach the still not turning cop. By the time we get to him, its definitley a cop and I am right at the speed limit and the fool in the Lexus is still racing and has a couple lengths on me

The cop then flips a U turn and bingo, he turns on his radar and the fool in the Lexus is still going WOT probably close to 80mph by now The cop punches it and flies by me turning on his lights chasing the Lexus. When I get up to them, the cop has caught him and they are pulling over. I pass by and give him the hazard light victory signal So much fun.

Nicely done. There has never been a more appropriate time to use the infamous "Nice Kill" til now
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

Nice kill. That's gotta be really gratifying. Nice one with the hazards, haha.

Trainrex, that's a good one too, but wouldn't you have felt bad if he pulled out into the intersection, and got t-boned by a semi? I would have just waited and done what mball did.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar

Trainrex, that's a good one too, but wouldn't you have felt bad if he pulled out into the intersection, and got t-boned by a semi? I would have just waited and done what mball did.
    Nah, idiots like that deserve a fiery death

We used to do that crap all the time. Of course I almost got busted a few weeks ago when some jackass in a Cadaverlier did it to me. I guess what goes around comes around. Oh I didn't get a ticket -- the cop stared me down and looked at me all crosseyed.
    Last edited by wrxtony; 06-24-2005 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXcelration
    nice kill
    you said it.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    I had a soccer mom keep "pushing" me up from 68 in a 55 to around 70, then 75, then more. Yep, I got pulled over and I did get a ticket for 79. However, her plan wasn't completely perfect because the friendly state trooper pulled us both since she was on my bumper and she also got a ticket.
    Im curious on how she "pushed" you faster. If shes on your ass just stay at your speed and brush her off.

for Trainrex and mball
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT
    Im curious on how she "pushed" you faster. If shes on your ass just reach around and grab it

owned

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast